Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Camaro is go for Australia, in Holden showrooms next year

For all you guys that frothing over a Camaro have you driven one? I thought it was a shitbox, stupid tiny boot opening, zero visibility, rubbish build quality (worse than a commodore and that's saying something), shit steering.

Quote Originally Posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    GTS is just an SS now.
    Let's line them up then....

Quote Originally Posted by fly510 View Post
    For all you guys that frothing over a Camaro have you driven one? I thought it was a shitbox, stupid tiny boot opening, zero visibility, rubbish build quality (worse than a commodore and that's saying something), shit steering.
    It was pretty ancient in build quality I'll admit, though that was in 2011. But fuck, convertible Camaro - what's not to like ?

Are you a hairdresser or gay?

I have and though my Mazda 3 was the better car !!

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Let's line them up then....
    He was talking appearance ... yeah we could line them up, but the wheels & the colour of the brakes would be about the only thing it wouldn't take an anorak to pick.
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 30-09-17 at 09:45 PM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Are you a hairdresser or gay?
    You mean they aren't pretty much the same thing ?

P.S - We sold the hair salon 3 years ago. Fuck you...
    Last edited by Fatboy; 30-09-17 at 09:42 PM.
    The older i get, the better i was...

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You shut your whore mouth!
    I thought I was actually being kind... I thought the 5th gen was fugly but the later cars make it look kinda ok in certain colours.

Registered Cunt
    Quote Originally Posted by mizone View Post
    I've heard US only product. Doesn't comply to Euro emissions and pedestrian safety so too hard to get approved globally.

This on the back of "We only make global products."
    Indeed. Now they're maybe discontinuing the next generation Fiesta everywhere but Europe.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Registered Cunt
    Have driven a current Camaro, rented a convertible V6 last year in the US. Couldn't see out of it, our luggage had to go on the back seat, it was slow and the engine was about as exciting as one from a Camry. But it turned heads and had incredible fuel consumption. Weird combination.
    Then we rented an Ecoboost Mustang and it was miles better in almost every measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    Indeed. Now they're maybe discontinuing the next generation Fiesta everywhere but Europe.
    Shame, even the base model is a cracker of a drive. Shame the Thai's can't screw anything together and they are all falling apart.

Back on topic.

They need to have the Camaro here with a base V8, electrics, reversing camera, heated seats for the same coin as a SS. Otherwise wasting their time. Ford did that with the Mustang and now Kia are doing the same with the Stinger GT. End result is everyone wants or is buying one.

I think the reason HSV are doing this is the Holdens dealers have been told they aren't getting anything (Camaro, Corvette) until they can sell the Korean crap that's been given to them. Hence why all the Holden dealers are now selling Suzuki's or Toyota's.

Maybe it's time we just switch to LHD?

No we can't.

As only the truly civilised nations of the world drive in the left side of the road and play test cricket do we want to be reduced to the level of countries like the United states, or even worse, France????

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Will it be ok to put a Chev badge on one?
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorpat View Post
    Japanese performance cars are like japanese schoolgirls. By the time they are 15 years old they've all been molested so your only option is to choose one where the previous owner had similar perversions to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    Have driven a current Camaro, rented a convertible V6 last year in the US. Couldn't see out of it, our luggage had to go on the back seat, it was slow and the engine was about as exciting as one from a Camry. But it turned heads and had incredible fuel consumption. Weird combination.
    Then we rented an Ecoboost Mustang and it was miles better in almost every measure.

I had a Dodge charger the next time I was over in trumpland. 20x the car. Torquey in the v6, nice interior, usable boot, nice steering feel. Will bang again.

I actually tore the boot rubber off trying to shove my suitcase in the Camaro boot. Will never bang again.

Quote Originally Posted by ahabthearab View Post
    Will it be ok to put a Chev badge on one?
    Not in Aus, but ex pats living in the US will be able to remove Chev badges & fit Holden ones.

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    Maybe it's time we just switch to LHD?
    Heaps of LHD cars in the UK rego'd as UK cars, why can't they just allow that in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbobby View Post
    Not in Aus, but ex pats living in the US will be able to remove Chev badges & fit Holden ones.
    Shit photo but yeah.

Last edited by FioriGuy; 01-10-17 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FioriGuy View Post
    Heaps of LHD cars in the UK rego'd as UK cars, why can't they just allow that in Australia?
    I reckon only because importer lobby-groups have more power than the people.

That Holden-badge-in-US thing, I checked the SS web-page at some stage & Holden badges were on option. As were wheel-centre caps, mud flaps, badges, floor mats & sill trims. I think there may even have been some options available there that they never bothered to make with Chev logos, like the plastic boot liner & the boot organiser.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

it's similar to a Mustang though in that regard.
    Our practical locally produced V8 4 door muscle cars are now sadly gone. So the Mustang and Camaro is it
    Last edited by VHSS; 02-10-17 at 01:29 PM.

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    The new Camaro looks like a cartoon version of itself imho. Appears to be trying a bit too hard.
    I prefer the Mustang in the looks department and given the price difference its a no brainer.
    Last edited by bigshipengine.jpg; 02-10-17 at 12:13 PM.
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

This - I drove a 2016 one and it's underwhelming.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Quote Originally Posted by mizone View Post

They need to have the Camaro here with a base V8, electrics, reversing camera, heated seats for the same coin as a SS. Otherwise wasting their time. Ford did that with the Mustang and now Kia are doing the same with the Stinger GT. End result is everyone wants .
    Everyone wants a Stinger? 65K on road for the one "everyone wants" It's not a replacement for a Commodore SS Redline.

The yank reviews of the Camaro, in the most part, easily rate it above the Mustang as a performance car.

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Yeah but at 30k dearer than a Mustang here thats a lot of upgrades you can do to your stang.
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Camaro 2SS from HSV: Everything you need to know

HSV expects to convert 3000 Chevrolet Camaro’s over three years - 1000 units per year - and says it will only bring the 2SS model to Australia.

The Camaro 2SS is powered by a 6.2-litre naturally-aspirated V8 that produces 340kW of power and 615Nm of torque. It weighs 1671kg, 90kg lighter than its predecessor, and accelerates 0-100km/h in 4.0 seconds flat, almost a second faster than the 5.0-litre V8-powered Ford Mustang GT.

The 6.2-litre V8 engine will come mated to an eight-speed automatic with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters.

Rounding out performance parts are sports suspension, four-piston Brembo brakes front and rear, a limited-slip differential and 20-inch five-spoke split alloys wrapped in 245/40ZR20 front and 275/35ZR20 rear Goodyear Eagle tyres.

Inside, the higher-spec 2SS has power-adjustable heated and ventilated leather-trimmed sports bucket seats, leather steering wheel, dual-zone climate control, nine-speaker Bose audio system, custom interior lighting, heads-up display, drive modes with enhanced driver information centre.

It will come with a manual transmission

While not announced yet, Jackson says the Camaro 2SS, which comes standard with a six-speed manual in the US, will also be available in Australia with a stick-shift option on launch.

How many hundreds of thousands of doll hairs will HSV charge eh?

Everything you need to know..... Except the price

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Overheated ripping a skid?
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Bellhousing burnout
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin
    Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    The worst smelling burnout.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Good to know it will be available with “stick shift” ... maybe they also give buyers a little picnic basket of jello, cookies & muffins?