Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brake/clutch pedal set specifications with brembos.

Yeah, dunno I'm afraid.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by MAZMAN View Post
    What about the comments in regards to the master cylinders being lower then the calipers and needing the residual valves as fluid can drain back?
    No personal experience sorry, but Junior's FSAE team run that setup on both their cars, I'll check in with them and report back. It might take a few days to get an answer, it's exam season.

NSW supra club Member
    What about this antirattle plate that seems to be pushing against the pads as well, should i remove this to help with minimising push back of pads? I do t care about noises/rattles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1529560635789135084161.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	106995  
    93 tt supra,black 6 speed
    --------------------------------
    SINGLE

You donít need anti rattle clips/plates on the track, piss them off.

Still trying to get an answer out of Junior for you on the floor mounted pedals lower than calipers. Itís like pulling teeth....

NSW supra club Member
    Yeah cheers, ill modify it so it doesnt push the pads back in or remove all together.
    Knockback springs are in, and calipers on, just about ready to bleed, i can always add those valve later so just let me know whenever you find out.
    Thanks
    SINGLE

Yeah cheers, ill modify it so it doesnt push the pads back in or remove all together.
    Knockback springs are in, and calipers on, just about ready to bleed, i can always add those valve later so just let me know whenever you find out.
    Thanks
    I think knock back springs plus the check valves might lead to brake drag.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

NSW supra club Member
    Yeah i dont want to do it if its going to cause issues. Just wantng to know if someone has tried, as i cant find anything while searching if they used both at same time.
    But mainly that blurb from wilwood about my masters being lower then calips has got me worried now!
    SINGLE

Yeah i dont want to do it if its going to cause issues. Just wantng to know if someone has tried, as i cant find anything while searching if they used both at same time.
    But mainly that blurb from wilwood about my masters being lower then calips has got me worried now!
    Finally managed to get an answer out of Junior..... to be fair, now that exams are over.

The brake guy from his FSAE team reckons that if you mount the reservoirs above the calipers, it doesn't matter that the master cylinders are below the calipers, there's enough hydro static pressure that the calipers can't bleed back. They have the master cylinders below the calipers in both team cars, and don't run a valve, due to the reservoirs being remote from the master cylinders, and higher than the calipers.
    Last edited by Sprinkles; 05-07-18 at 12:36 AM.

Title pending
    I thought that was self explanatory
    Hence why Formula Fords etc have resi extensions on them... not just to hold more fluid... but to lift it up abit
    I guess when you do stuff... you forget other people don't

http://race.parts/Catalogue/Braking/...R-EXT-64475476
    Location Perth Western Australia

NSW supra club Member
    Good stuff, thanks for the update Sprinkles.
    Everything is on, and ready to go testing.
    Endless rf650 brake fluid.
    Circo m119 pads.
    Anti knock springs.
    All feels good... so lets see.
    SINGLE