Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Emtron KV ecus

Emtron KV ecus

Thought I'd start a new thread specifically for these.

With Torque Management and Traction Control, if DBW is enabled, does either of these 2 rely solely on cutting fuel and/or spark, or can DBW be setup / mapped to reduce throttle to control torque output or detected wheel slip?

Application is turbo FWD without a proper clutch type diff.

Throttle, ignition, fuel, boost. Based off any speed runtime, or you can make acceleration runtimes, or time based or gps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoggett View Post
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Thought so - haven't had nearly enough time to dig further into Emtune. Cheers!

When i initially set up tractioncontrol (i dont use the TC feature pr say but one of the rpm limiters. But thats beside the point anyway) on a previous firmware before it became torque based, i used a throttle target offsettable where i used drive slip as an axis. This way when driveslip exeded 4% it started closing progressively as i crept up on my targeted slip %.
    I also had boost target based on TPS so boost also went down as TPS closed. The rest was done with ignition retard and fuel cut (the limiter itself). This worked extreemly well.

Now on the current firmware you cant do it the same way but there are other ways. You can use two "pedal to throttle demand translation table"`s where one is the main one and the other is your minimum table. Then use Z-axis to interpolate between the two where the z axis i set up with drive slip or traction target error. Just as an example. Then use boost target offsets based on driveslip as well. Or traction target error. Or whatever you want.
    Alot of the things you can do isnt obvious at first sight as there might not be a dedicated function for what you want to do. You just need to use your imagination to make it do what you need sometimes.

Thanks for that.

Have another retarded question - are most of the ecu functions unavailable to modify when running a public trial license of Emtune?

I ask because I can't seem to configure a z-axis on any tables.

you have to enable the Z-axis function for the table you want in the table control section.

example:
    Engine Functions -> Torque Management -> Pedal to throttle demand table control

then if you set the table control to option 6 it will unlock/activate the Z-axis table for that parameter which is under
    Engine Functions -> Torque Management -> Pedal to throttle demand Z-axis

then you can blend the 3 throttle maps together using any fraction between 1 and 3, so

1=table 1 value
    1.25=weighted 3:1 towards table 1 value from table 2
    2=table 2 value
    2.5 = 1/2way between 2 and 3
    3 = table 3 value

and you could then use Traction target error for axis of Z-axis table so as your slip error increases you can bleed off throttle. between table 1 (ideal) and 2 (some slip) you could be conservative, then table 3 could be all 0% throttle for an aggressive throttle roll off.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 22-05-18 at 02:30 PM.

Oo___oO

Thanks mate, I'll have a play with it after.

Makes perfect sense now that I managed to get it working in Emtune. I was getting confused because of Z axis coming out with a singular value (i.e. X axis not enabled).

Pretty damn powerful....but also pretty damn confusing!

One more for tonight - are these the TE Super Seal p/n's for A, B, C and D connectors?

A: 3-1437290-8
    B: 4-1437290-1
    C: 2-1437285-3
    D: 3-1437290-7

$170 for a $75 connector kit is a bit silly.

3-1437290-7 26pin Key1A
    3-1437290-8 26 pin Key2B
    4-1437290-0 34 Pin Key1A
    4-1437290-1 34 Pin Key2B
    3-1447221-4 1.0 female pins

Legend.

It will stop being confusing as soon as you wrap your head around how it "thinks".

The newer versions are no longer demo versions. Its full blown no expiring software.

emtron.world (incase you didnt know of this site)

Which is odd - everytime I run Emtune, I get a notification saying I only have X days left before it expires.

Might try the package from emtron.world as opposed to emtron.com.au.

Quote Originally Posted by sssgtr View Post
    $170 for a $75 connector kit is a bit silly.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Hahahaha...ok....so 120 terminals, blanking plugs, wire seals and the 4 connectors comes up to $150 through Element 14.

Quote Originally Posted by burn is weird View Post
    3-1437290-7 26pin Key1A
    3-1437290-8 26 pin Key2B
    4-1437290-0 34 Pin Key1A
    4-1437290-1 34 Pin Key2B
    3-1447221-4 1.0 female pins

Digikey Pricing (this is in AUD)

$0.525 per pin for order of 100+

$108.73

Use Octopart.com part search engine for cheapest stuff.

Oo___oO

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    Also if you have an account there is discounts from element14 and digikey.

I'm stealing those numbers for my repo:

http://broadtune.com.au/ecu-pins-and...-part-numbers/
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Let's see if some turn up in the mail as samples from TE

Quote Originally Posted by burn is weird View Post
    Digikey Pricing (this is in AUD)

$0.525 per pin for order of 100+

$108.73

Use Octopart.com part search engine for cheapest stuff.
    That's a good find! If the sample ones don't turn up, i'll order them through Digikey.

Samples are on their way. For free product, they turned them around in just over 24hrs!

Order them through TE's sample portal, you have to create an account but it doesn't ask for payment details, and they offer a free DHL shipping option.

Hat tip to TE - 1 of each connector and 10 pins turned up in the mail today. Awesome service for free samples!

So how many accounts can we make for free samples? i got two work addresses and about 5 houses i could post the items to :P

On another note , any one interested in a group buy? i might buy 3 set's since i have 3 cars to build and with a couple more numbers we might be able to get a better rate.
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    They send way more than just 1x of each item if you just ask for more.
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

I was going to ask for 120 terminals, but I thought that might have been a tad greedy

I'd make sure you put down a business name (even if it's made up), and some "believable" project details - less likely that they'll deny a sample request that way.

Wire seals aren't required for the connectors either, they are in the connector housing already.

I like that you don't need a specific removal tool if you fuck up a location either, they have "lock nails" that lock all the terminals in place when you're done. Clip it one way - locked, push it from the opposite side - unlocked.

do all the plugs fit in the ECU?

just want to check the part numbers i gave you were the right key indexes

Oo___oO

Don't have the ECU yet.
    Your p/n's were identical to those that a guy on the efi tuners fb group sent me - I also believe that those are the only type of keys for the 26 and 34 way connectors.

Possibly retarded question of the day: how does one create a virtual channel in which some kind of user defined math function can be applied, and be used as a parameter to switch maps and/or drive an output?

user outputs. you can have up to 4 and/or statements daisy chained together then you get an on/off status for that user channel. you can then daisy chain user 1 status into user output 2 as a condition and so on so.. so up to 41 conditions for a function.

go to config -> functions -> user functions and set one of the user channels to a Digital output (or just to ON if you want a virtual channel this is a big plus over haltech elites, as you can have a virtual channel not assigned to I/O) then the mode: switched status, PWM duty, PWM freq etc.

then go to tuning -> user function setup to set the and/or logic conditions (<,>,=,<= etc), and there is also a user output table if you selected PWM duty or frequency, and on delay and off delay timers.

unfortunately you cannot reference the table output value (ie user 1 duty cycle = 52%) as an axis for other tables, but you can use the ON/OFF status of the user function. I've told Emtron to add the table value as a runtime variable as it makes the user tables more powerful, and would let you do simple Maths but no dice yet.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 29-05-18 at 04:45 PM.

Oo___oO

Hmmm, thought that was the case. I haven't got anything specific in mind at the moment, but the extra flexibility would be a nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by sssgtr View Post
    Possibly retarded question of the day: how does one create a virtual channel in which some kind of user defined math function can be applied, and be used as a parameter to switch maps and/or drive an output?
    Any reason you can't use cal control?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoggett View Post
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok