Thread: What kind of plug is this?

What kind of plug is this?

Have a newish VW that I'm adding an amp (speaker level in) and underseat powered sub to for some slightly better sound.

I'd grabbed a shitty eBay inline amp for it to try out which was ok, but I'm ditching it for a Sony XMS-400D. The eBay one has a good little piggyback wiring loom I want to reuse and add on to.

It has a plug on the end I can't find. Looks pretty common, 20 way 2 row 25.4mm wide X 8ish mm high. No ID markings at all. To avoid chopping and redoing, can anyone tell me what kind of plug it is and where to grab a set?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Finding an exact clip in matching socket might be a bit hard from a picture alone. But it looks pretty close to fitting a dual row 0.1" spaced header so something like this:

http://www.altronics.com.au/p/p5020-...-boxed-header/

...would probably work. Not really easy to connect to though as it's designed to be PCB mounted. Even if you found the exact match for the end you have, it's likely to be PCB mount only.

Opens
    yeah thats a needle in a haystack

Thanks, looking like a chop and fitting some sort of Molex connector will be simpler.

Opens
    visit RS/Element 14/etc and filter by rows and positions.

just wondering if it might be a a plug for the back of a radio, and you might be able to find a matching plug at supercheap etc
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Looks to me like a head unit plug. Grey Pair, white pair, green pair, purple pair are the speaker pairs.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Thats what got me thinking that it might be, hence suggesting supercheap as they sell the iso adaptors and it would be easy to take the wire in and compare to them
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Yeah, given that the other plugs are a pretty common headunit plug (very similar to the FoMoCo stuff), would not be surprised if you can find an ISO adapter for it.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

I had a look for ISO adapters but gave up and did a chop and solder instead