Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What the fuck am I doing" Kingswood

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsballs View Post
    Sell it before all the rust and bog fall out

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Pretty much this. Shocking what 80's bog repairs can hide underneath the paint in these things.

Cool wagon though!

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    13B roadpacer mock up.
    That is the dumbest coversion I've ever fucking heard of.. The guy I visited where that pic was taken has a 13b doig nothing...... I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsballs View Post
    Sell it before all the rust and bog fall out

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    You stop that shit, I'm already ignoring the fact that Green cars are cunts!

Well that answers that question.... was short lived,

Gave it a quick wash today, looks good wet....

Took it for a bit of a cruise...

And got offered the right money for it, done deal, car now sits at home like this awaiting the weekend and it's new owner, I kind of liked it, really surprised how many people want the fucking thing, must have been to cheap.

Off to a good cause, they want it for a variety bash car.

Last edited by 350stato; 19-06-18 at 06:49 PM.

I think you did the right thing flipping it for profit.

Now blow the money on another car. Its the sensible thing to do.

lol, oh that goes without saying... what else is money for??

Looks cool, is it the original colour?

/ --------------- \
    _/ /___________\ \_
    /_________|_________\
    |OOO ___________ OOO|
    \______|====|______/
    [_]-------------------[_]

This popped up in my Gumtree feed. "one owner never been modified rust in usual places" sounds right up your alley and you can reinvest what you spent on the Kinga into this beast.
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/warr...ack/1185307172

seller has to be taking the P155

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    Looks cool, is it the original colour?
    Yes, but comes out a bit darker in the pics, the paint is Jade Green, still original inside the doors, actually not a bad colour, I have only ever seen it on a couple of Premiers, even to find these pics, I'm sure the first pic is actually a mates brother's car.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum View Post
    This popped up in my Gumtree feed. "one owner never been modified rust in usual places" sounds right up your alley and you can reinvest what you spent on the Kinga into this beast.
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/warr...ack/1185307172

seller has to be taking the P155
    lol, Holy fuck, that's amazing, surely the GS cap can still be used right? I hope the seller is taking the piss..
    Last edited by 350stato; 21-06-18 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 350stato View Post
    lol, Holy fuck, that's amazing, surely the GS cap can still be used right? I hope the seller is taking the piss..
    tempted to troll the guy and ask him if he can supply an RWC with it at that price

I'd ask for pics of the numbers on the firewall and the plates

I bought a green Kingswood once. Made it black. All the problems instantly vanished.
    Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

This thing officially left on Saturday, shame, It was kinda cool to drive around in

Apparently it will be painted red, raised an inch for the variety bash thingy and they have a 253 and 4 speed that's going into it

The pain with owning cars a short time is you never have them long enough to be burdened with the real issues, the ones that stop them from being "one of the best cars you ever had"

Ha ha, Yeah this is true, I was starting to have thoughts of lowered springs, some form of supercharger etc, so best it's gone..

Am I the only one sad that this will be turned into a variety bash car?

Quote Originally Posted by big_pete View Post
    Mmm, that's pretty much one step off demo-derby.
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopy View Post
    Mmm, that's pretty much one step off demo-derby.
    Why?
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Why?
    You should have seen the Ex Endeavour rally GTV i had back in ~2001 - it was properly fucked. 4" long cracks above the shock mounts on every corner. It was unfixable, wound up cutting it up with a 4" grinder and a hacksaw and putting it out in the wheelie bin.
    The just get flogged to death, especially if the do multiple events.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by big_pete View Post
    I am. 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    You should have seen the Ex Endeavour rally GTV i had back in ~2001 - it was properly fucked. 4" long cracks above the shock mounts on every corner. It was unfixable, wound up cutting it up with a 4" grinder and a hacksaw and putting it out in the wheelie bin.
    The just get flogged to death, especially if the do multiple events.
    Endeavour is very different to Variety. Variety Bash is in no way competitive, so most aren't going at it. Most of the failures that happen in VB are due to poor car prep, cars that are already shitboxes and possibly silly mistakes.

My Italian 510

There's typically very few fucks given about the car too though, so doing 100km/h down rutted roads and bouncing them off compacted dirt mounds is common. The car's don't have a long life as a VB-er and come out the otherside.

Eurotrash :D
    yep same. spannered on a few, and theyre all unroadworthy. cracked chassis, bodged welding, fucked bushes etc etc.

easiest way to kill a car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

There's also quite a few immaculate cars that have done 20+ bashes. As mentioned, it's car prep and sympathy. Quite easy to do a bash without fucking a car, and most of the people who have done many bashes with the one nice looking car are actually car guys. A lot of the people who do the bash aren't, they're the ones who are having breakages and driving pieces of shit. They do no prep and the car hasn't been driven/serviced since the last bash.

My Italian 510

To be honest I'm not a fan of it, The thought of them being thrashed does my head in, hopefully they'll look after it, although after hearing the "well just put some mesh in the rust bits" made me almost pull the sale,

I said it needs to be done properly, hopefully their agreement after discussion of future value etc wasn't just because that's what they knew I wanted to hear, the conversation after it was a done deal doesn't make me hold much hope for it though unfortunately, end of the day, it's their car, and regardless of it being locked up in a shed or driven into the ground, it's not in anyone else's lives, on the plus side,

New owner does own a genuine 350 GTS 4 door HQ, plus a couple of other cool cars, and his son has a couple neat ones as well, so might be ok.

Selling this did me no favors, I kinda bought it so I had a car with seats for school holidays, kids, plural,

Did this today for replacement, seems cool, has seats, apparently was some government workers car, had a personal driver and when he retired they gave him the car, kicked the bucket, his wife sold it to a guy a couple years ago that did nothing with it bar reco the radiator, seems pretty solid, spot of rust he dodged up at the back under the boot seal, aircon belt is off, I assume that's fucked, rest not to bad, paints a bit shit, tops of door trims are split on passenger doors, imagine drivers may have been done, this is the gumtree add pics, its a pretty genuine thing, MS112, 1983, 5ME, so at least it has some sort of fuel efficiency.... hahahaha, it'll be fine, cant be worse than dailying an E85 1JZ Van,

It comes home tomorrow,

Last edited by 350stato; 02-07-18 at 08:16 PM.

Thats pretty lush.

7M turbo conversion next update?

I like that you justified buying yet another car "because school holidays and the kids need seats".
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Crowns are cool. Now put an LS innit.
    Norbie!

I like that you justified buying yet another car "because school holidays and the kids need seats".
    Works for me.....

One if the more rational reasons I can think if to justify a car purchase.....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Picked this up this morning, A mate gave me a lift over,

Found hidden key in said garden ornament, put the key in, turned it, click..click...click, cunt

Went to servo and bought overpriced jumper leads and drove back, pushed it into the middle of the street and fired it up..
    Blew a shit ton of grey smoke, fuck me, here we go, been sitting for a while though,

Got it to the closest servo to put fuel in, gauge was just under empty line, jump started it again, then put some air in the tyres, 16psi wasn't awesome,

Drove pretty well, gave it a boot-full, blew out various colours of the rainbow, then all cleared up, gearbox is a bit crook though, fluid doesn't look overly old, shifts hard into gears, have to get up it a bit to make it bang into top, meh, fuck it, it goes, interior is pretty tidy, most of the shit works, drivers window works but at one stage wound down on quite an angle, pushed it back and was fine ha ha, sigh...

Anyway, it's home, alternator seems to work, will get said children to wash/clean it,

Last edited by 350stato; 03-07-18 at 12:06 PM.