Thread: Auto transmission controllers?

Auto transmission controllers?

Anyone know know other auto controllers on the market?

Compushift
    PCS TCM-2800
    US Shift

Seems it is very hard to find a controller that will control a A343e (Tiptronic A340, 8 pin case plug)

Marks 4WD (dealer of PCS) said that they just don't have calibrations for the A343s in the TCM 2800 at the moment, I know the 2000 controls the A340e fine but they are now superseded with the 2800. I've emailed PCS for a full story so hopefully something in the works.

Compushift support a 5 pin A340, not the 8 pin..

US Shift was recommended to me by Marks 4WD but don't have any calibrations for the A340 anyway.

Megashift seems to be thrown around but also seems be very "hacked".

What other options are there?

Just change the valve body to a 5 pin. And PCS is gayer than aids but you being a computer boffin should be able to make it behave.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

PCS hardware is fine, software is meeh, support is fucking useless! used the TCM-2000 on late model A340's with line pressure control without issue, never bothered with paddle shift... will cross that bridge when I try and get the A761e to work!
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Yes the software is junk, hardware is fine. hopefully they have fixed all the glaring fuckups with the new version.
    Did your A340s have 4 shift solenoids or 2?
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    I quite liked the PCS software haha. It's a complicated system, and very hard for software engineers to develop an interface as well as they have.

Very powerful transmission computers.
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

friend of mine has the megasquirt shift controller on his soarer. seems to work much better than the suprastick i have in mine. but yes it is very DIY like all megasquirts
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo View Post
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Opens
    nice, I've got microsquirt im looking to sell soon, it can be reflashed with the required shift firmware.

I canít seem to find it online but someone completed and shared the script for an Arduino powered trans controller for an A340. I would think it be less than $200 fitted

how much do all the aspergers therapy sessions cost though?
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

Yeah, I don't mind tinkering but Arduino controlling an auto sounds something Andy would do. I'd still be here 5 years later still trying to get it perfect. Tim would be saying dig up again.

The TCM-2000 is listed as supporting the A343e, the loom they supply is even for the 8 pin. WHY oh farkin WHY did they not carry it over to the 2800.. Can't buy a 2000 anymore.. Rare as rocking horse shit on the 2nd hand market.

Tried to message PCS, nothing on email or facebook. Might need to get some 50c pieces together and dial 0011.

This one shows it supports the A343e as well
    http://www.spitronics.com/products/i...wMHBlazI=+MjA3
    South African, looks like a thing from 2001.
    Last edited by Nick; 17-07-18 at 07:58 PM.

Tried to use the 2800 software could not even make a new file without it crashing! they probably have a new version not on the website...

you could also try ballenger motorsports the guy that runs that is the guy that actually made the TCM-2000 AFAIK and is more than happy to do config files for a fee, probably has a box of tcm-2000's in the attic too...
    the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

I tried going through all this for a NAG1. Furthest I got was Compushift No, US Shift No, TCM-2800 maybe. They seem to think it might work, but can't guarantee it.

Really made me want to spend $1250+ finding out!

Ended up going with an A-518 instead, because it only has two wires.

So I ended up ringing PCS, they basically said that it won't work (the 2800) as they don't have a calibration for it or plan too.. So that is off the table.

Got a quote back from Spitronics for the Neptune 2. With loom and shipping, $360US. A343e fully supported. Not bad. Less of a gamble. Couldn't play much with the software as it needs to have a unit connected.

Almost Overnight parts from Seth Aferkar. Got the Mercury 2 with TCU firmware.

If it is shit, it is shit. If it works great, winner winner.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Lots of stuff.

Main loom with relay and 4 position switch.
    Con2 is a shifter switch.
    Push buttons for tiptronic (going to use my existing steering wheel ones).
    The ECU/TCU itself.
    USB connector.
    A diode board for SLT/SLU
    Stickers and software.

people need to stop building automotive electronics with fucken molex connectors. jesus

keen to hear how it goes

Yeah tell me about it. Kit stuff. It is epoxy filled so there is atleast that. Will live behind the glove box. Will send off my A343e valve body to MV tomorrow. Have some billet accuators on their way. Should be enough for what I want for now.

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    people need to stop building automotive electronics with fucken molex connectors. jesus

keen to hear how it goes
    This x2

Interested to see how you go, been curious about this one.

I'll be running the JZS161 auto in my IS300, 12 pin case plug (temp was lumped into it) with the 4 shift solenoids. Looks like Al got it working on that BMW with the TCM-2000, but sounds like he a hard time too.
    Mate had the same setup in his IS300, was a real cunt to get going and was never 100%, would not recommend.
    At this stage I'm thinking about using the aristo ecu in the IS, as the body coms line up mostly and it can do the auto. But would need to make it think it still has the toyota TB, otherwise it goes into limp mode. Planning on giving it pedal position and TPS, hopefully that works?

Other options could be proefi or syvecs ($$$$) for engine and trans control.

Yep, installed, working great! Have the steering wheel tiptronics working with it as well.

Only negative so far with the Spitronics is the resolution in the shift map. You have basically 6 points per gear to change the down and up shift points based on TPS and RPM.

The stock A34Xe temp sensor doesn't seem to play nice as it wants a 2K or 10K type of temp sensor. I think off memory it's something like 5K. But the scale is completely wrong. I'm going to put in a sensor into the cooler line.

Doing a full Aristo swap would be the best way and Yury has special KGB box to help with MPX network and having a fully functioning fuel gauge. Then you pretty much need to decide on a aftermarket ECU to control the engine and DBW. There are a couple that do support the ETCS-i throttle (Link, Motec, Emtron) and others that will need a different DBW throttle if you want to retain DBW.

Personally I wouldn't go with ProEFI, it's well supported in the States but here you have a slim pickings of tuners that know it. It's always better to pick a tuner then ask what they have experience with and then choose your ECU with the features you want.

Decide what you want out of the car too, if you want to keep all the street car stuff like Traction Control, Cruise Control, VSC, Air Con, speed sensitive power steering etc.. find out what you will loose or gain with different products and then choose what you can live without.

Found this and thought I'd share. They set up an auto in the elite 2500, no real detail but shows it can be done.

Skip to 4:37

yeh I have done 4l80 on the elite.. works well, I used a IO box to control it all.
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Is it variable shift points based off load, or manualised with the shifter as inputs? Looks cool as!
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

full auto with stick inputs so you can put the stick in 2 and it will stay in 2 or put the stick in D and it will full auto...
    im a cunt

Very cool man!
    Jason Broadhurst

it will be a public release this year some time i hope.

I/O is the only problem now, hence using a IO box to do it
    im a cunt

I'm wanting to give the auto control with an elite a go.
    on that video it looks like they have used generic inputs and outputs to set it up.
    there is a shift table with speed vs throttle. and looks like they have the solenoid outputs configured to use the shift table vs intake cam target, i'm guessing they have somehow used this cam target to capture gear position selector.
    what other inputs and outputs have others used to make this work?