Thread: Custom rotor and hat combinations

Custom rotor and hat combinations

Have identified that the current factory setup of calipers on the rear of the Rally Corolla are not handling what we throw at it.

I have acquired some Wilwood Powerlite 4 pot calipers and produced a dog bone to suit the mount points on the rear.

Now looking for a disc and hat to suit requirements.

280mm max dia disc
    22mm max thickness
    28mm offset from hubface
    5x114.3
    152mm inner hat diameter
    62mm centre bore.

Who are the goto to make this happen.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Have you tried combing the PDF of the DBA cattle dog? It has all those dimensions listed. Lmk if you donít have it, I will email it to you

Paging the Brypar guys
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Went through the DBA catalogue.
    Major problem is the face size of the hub.
    Looked at the Wilwood site, as they make something close. Problem again is the inner dimensions. dimensions are just under requirements.

If someone makes a good enough product, would be looking to convert the Nopics rotors on her competition car to specific hat and rotor. Bugger trying to get 5 hole hubs drilled to 4 hole again.
    Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

I got a price from a place called vari brakes. Seemed like good prices ($450 per 2-piece rotor) but no idea if they are any good or not

Quote Originally Posted by smee View Post
    Went through the DBA catalogue.
    Major problem is the face size of the hub.
    Looked at the Wilwood site, as they make something close. Problem again is the inner dimensions. dimensions are just under requirements.

If someone makes a good enough product, would be looking to convert the Nopics rotors on her competition car to specific hat and rotor. Bugger trying to get 5 hole hubs drilled to 4 hole again.
    I reckon the Swift's front rotors are going to go very close to your required dimensions. It's 114 x 5, so hub diameter should be comparable. Will measure tonight and let you know.

Have replied to your email Smee. Give me a call when you have some time(left you a voice mail). Easy as for us to supply a motorsport solution for what you are after.

The Swift front rotors are very close:

272mm dia disc
    22mm thickness
    21mm offset from hubface (IE hub face to centreline of rotor per your drawing)
    5x114.3
    146mm inner hat diameter
    62mm centre bore.

So with a little machining of the hub and spacing for the caliper, it looks like they would fit. You would want to be careful not to weaken the support around the studs on the hub... probably telling you how to suck eggs.

Our rotors have had a sound flogging on the track for three years, still on the original set with no issues, and the car stops very well and very consistently. However, if your budget can stretch to it, I suggest proper fully floating race rotors.

Title pending
    Not quite getting your figure on offset

Do you mean total height of disc... or height less thickness where it goes to hub ?

DBA910 Maxima
    280 diam
    50 total height
    22 orig thick
    5 stud
    114.3 pattern
    68 centre hole
    Location Perth Western Australia

Yep, it is the hub face causing the problem.

I was looking to use the factory front disc off the corolla for ease of fitment and availability, but it wont fit over the hub.

Machining the hub was not something I really wanted to do. I had to do this for the familia, and it was painful.

Alex from Brypar has sent me a tech sheet, and I have filled it in.

Should be easy now, just to buy a disc and fit it up.

Maxima ones look close, but it is the inner hat diameter that is the killer.

There were also a Hiace and older Rav4 discs that came close.