Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 179

Thread: 2019 Suzuki jimny/Sierra

  1. #61
    Flaccid Member bbits_elements's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Buddina
    Posts
    1,987
    Can these things even move out of their own way?
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

  2. #62
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173
    I test drove one on Saturday. Walked in and to my surprise, I got to test drive a 5MT without waiting so I took in nopics and tofu jnr for the ride. The CRA is not on the back seat as shown in the international images. You need to pop the rear storage bins out to access them (there's a stick AFTER you remove the bins) and dump the storage bin somewhere at home. At the showroom driveway, I was looking at the storage and driving 4 up, the boot space is pathetic. Maybe fits a few triangular shaped items like a few lever arch folders and that's about it. 3 up with one of the seats folded it a do-able proposition. Getting in the back isn't too hard though the front seat doesn't have a memory function when the seat is put back into position.

    Initial impressions driving out the driveway was how comfy the ride was (I'm coming from a Prius wagon so it's no sports car). It lacked the rattles and rumble expected in a tough mini-truck. Power is sufficient and didn't require much coercing to get a move on. Gear shifts had this great mechanical feel to it and I thought the throws were short unlike all the Youtube reviews out there. I feel it's shorter than a Yaris/Corolla which were the last non-sports MT car I've driven. Even though I was driving it quite sedately, it gave me a great smile on my face. Last car that did that was 86.

    Steering as any recirculating ball system goes just suck on-road and it lacks feel but it is fit for purpose as an offroad machine. You drive it as it was designed.

    The ergonomics were quite logical and didn't require a second thought to understand what's what. Blinkers had the Euro flash 3 times for changing lane function. Radio could have done with a dial for volume at least. Cruise control only works above 45km/h (like most cars out there).

    Hill holder works fine and you can choose if you want it by jabbing the brake pedal harder for it to function (no beep) and you'll feel the brake pedal travel stiffens up as pressure is held. Otherwise choose to press the brakes gently at stand still and it'll roll back like it should.

    I got quoted for the MT, $26.2k DA without metallic paint which isn't much at all.

    Should I buy it? Despite all the flaws of an offroader, the biggest thing on my mind is the crash rating particularly as I want to cart around the family of 3 on some off-the-beaten-path trips I can't do in a regular car. It'd definitely be for me a toy car that I may or may not need. I'll wait for the hype to die down and comfortable waiting for the right price.

    Things lacking which I'd wish they'd put in right now:
    - Push button start
    - Remote sensing door unlock/lock
    - Power folding mirrors
    - Reverse camera (you're still up high so it'd be good to see if there's a kid behind when you reverse)

    What I want to know is that whether the Kei Jimny will be available when the new import laws come into place. If it's any cheaper still, then I'd be all up for that than the 1.5L.

  3. #63
    Registered User irsa76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Queanbeyan
    Posts
    10,063
    Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    This. Although I have in the previous model managed to go camping in a spot where you needed to properly off-road to get to with 4 full sized adults, esky full of beer and food, small charcoal BBQ, bedding and tents. Even writing it out I am not sure how we did it, I do remember strapping the cooking table to the roof, and feeling that weight up high during the drive.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I was planning on binning the back seats and putting a rollbar/barrier in the one I had on order before I lost my job when they first came out.

  4. #64
    Jak Sie Masz! trent from punchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,041
    I had a quick look today.

    first impressions it looks great, very cute.
    Super narrow, my 11 year olds arm spam is wider, but inside its nice.
    Most mod cons, would feel like a nice car to drive.
    Back seat is ok for kids, I moved the front seat forward, and sat in the back and would be fine to go for a drive in it. It's no sofa, but its a tiny car.

    I will wait to test drive the auto before I even remotely consider one

    A part of me wants it though. Not sure which part.
    www.markpakula.com
    2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
    2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
    2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
    2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

  5. #65
    Registered User LB-XP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by smellytofu View Post
    What I want to know is that whether the Kei Jimny will be available when the new import laws come into place. If it's any cheaper still, then I'd be all up for that than the 1.5L.
    Same here, when does this come into effect and what does it mean exactly? Id much rather have a Kei Jimny with the 3 cylinder turbo, its way cooler.

    Great review by the way, sounds like you have almost made you mind up on one

  6. #66
    Places Unknown -Matt-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by smellytofu View Post
    I test drove one on Saturday. Walked in and to my surprise, I got to test drive a 5MT without waiting so I took in nopics and tofu jnr for the ride. The CRA is not on the back seat as shown in the international images. You need to pop the rear storage bins out to access them (there's a stick AFTER you remove the bins) and dump the storage bin somewhere at home. At the showroom driveway, I was looking at the storage and driving 4 up, the boot space is pathetic. Maybe fits a few triangular shaped items like a few lever arch folders and that's about it. 3 up with one of the seats folded it a do-able proposition. Getting in the back isn't too hard though the front seat doesn't have a memory function when the seat is put back into position.

    Initial impressions driving out the driveway was how comfy the ride was (I'm coming from a Prius wagon so it's no sports car). It lacked the rattles and rumble expected in a tough mini-truck. Power is sufficient and didn't require much coercing to get a move on. Gear shifts had this great mechanical feel to it and I thought the throws were short unlike all the Youtube reviews out there. I feel it's shorter than a Yaris/Corolla which were the last non-sports MT car I've driven. Even though I was driving it quite sedately, it gave me a great smile on my face. Last car that did that was 86.

    Steering as any recirculating ball system goes just suck on-road and it lacks feel but it is fit for purpose as an offroad machine. You drive it as it was designed.

    The ergonomics were quite logical and didn't require a second thought to understand what's what. Blinkers had the Euro flash 3 times for changing lane function. Radio could have done with a dial for volume at least. Cruise control only works above 45km/h (like most cars out there).

    Hill holder works fine and you can choose if you want it by jabbing the brake pedal harder for it to function (no beep) and you'll feel the brake pedal travel stiffens up as pressure is held. Otherwise choose to press the brakes gently at stand still and it'll roll back like it should.

    I got quoted for the MT, $26.2k DA without metallic paint which isn't much at all.

    Should I buy it? Despite all the flaws of an offroader, the biggest thing on my mind is the crash rating particularly as I want to cart around the family of 3 on some off-the-beaten-path trips I can't do in a regular car. It'd definitely be for me a toy car that I may or may not need. I'll wait for the hype to die down and comfortable waiting for the right price.

    Things lacking which I'd wish they'd put in right now:
    - Push button start
    - Remote sensing door unlock/lock
    - Power folding mirrors
    - Reverse camera (you're still up high so it'd be good to see if there's a kid behind when you reverse)

    What I want to know is that whether the Kei Jimny will be available when the new import laws come into place. If it's any cheaper still, then I'd be all up for that than the 1.5L.
    They have a reverse camera

    As for waiting you will be disappointed the order write from weekend alone has gone nuts

    I have a jungle green manual available
    Last edited by -Matt-; 29-01-19 at 07:19 AM.

  7. #67
    Registered User clutch-monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    5,174
    sounds ideal for couples etc to go offroading (me and a couple mates with lightweight hiking gear for example) but unsurprisingly not going to displace larger 4wd's for touring families.
    as a daily as well i'm keen- 90% of my driving is by myself or one other person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

  8. #68
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by LB-XP View Post
    Same here, when does this come into effect and what does it mean exactly? Id much rather have a Kei Jimny with the 3 cylinder turbo, its way cooler.

    Great review by the way, sounds like you have almost made you mind up on one
    Dec '19. Will be interesting as the both body is the same. The international Jimny is just a wide track version.

  9. #69
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by -Matt- View Post
    They have a reverse camera

    As for waiting you will be disappointed the order write from weekend alone has gone nuts

    I have a jungle green manual available
    Going off topic, I understand the wait if required when Iím ready to buy but Iíd rather go on my European holiday I promised my family first before my own desires. And yes, Iíve pretty much sold it to myself.

  10. #70
    Places Unknown -Matt-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,937
    Took demo home last night and sold the car at first sight to the owner of this lovely beast - no test drive just wanted one to get around in against the people that have been calling and walking in for the last few days
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50867139_10157538735808968_9076620378809303040_n.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	110137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51140288_10157538735753968_2488959644253290496_n.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	110136  

  11. #71
    Flaccid Member bbits_elements's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Buddina
    Posts
    1,987
    farrrrrrrrrrrrk!
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

  12. #72
    Jak Sie Masz! trent from punchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,041
    I guess anything would feel mega slow compared to that, so not a bad idea.
    www.markpakula.com
    2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
    2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
    2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
    2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

  13. #73
    Desert Nigga vet 180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by smellytofu View Post
    Going off topic, I understand the wait if required when Iím ready to buy but Iíd rather go on my European holiday I promised my family first before my own desires. And yes, Iíve pretty much sold it to myself.
    If you willing to wait, then keep an eye on the second hand market. Chances are you find some rich young lady who bought because it looks cool then sells in a few months time with less than 1000kms on the clock for 20k


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

  14. #74
    Places Unknown -Matt-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,937
    I'm out nothing left you need need to order and hope for the best and give us flexability on colour choice - there has been alot of price checking and time wasters along with test pilots

    Pre orders are close to 350 Over the long weekend, 600+ people walked into Suzuki showrooms to see the new car and now we've got around 500 orders with only 1100 coming this year those people who want to think about it will miss out.

  15. #75
    I need more cylinders! nine2nine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gympie, QLD
    Posts
    2,070
    You're on PF now, not at work, need to hit the work/life sales pitch balance.

    Projects:
    '90 2jz-gte 929
    '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

  16. #76
    Registered User Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,609
    Quote Originally Posted by nine2nine View Post
    You're on PF now, not at work, need to hit the work/life sales pitch balance.
    QFT

    If people state they'll happily wait for the hype to die down, carrying on about how big the wait time will be won't change their mind.

    And I fucking guarantee buyers would be able to get one. People putting down deposits change their mind, finance is denied, buyers lose their job etc etc. It's a mass produced car, not a Pagani Zonda.

  17. #77
    Registered User clutch-monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    5,174
    Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    If you willing to wait, then keep an eye on the second hand market. Chances are you find some rich young lady who bought because it looks cool then sells in a few months time with less than 1000kms on the clock for 20k


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    QFT

    If people state they'll happily wait for the hype to die down, carrying on about how big the wait time will be won't change their mind.

    And I fucking guarantee buyers would be able to get one. People putting down deposits change their mind, finance is denied, buyers lose their job etc etc. It's a mass produced car, not a Pagani Zonda.
    both of these
    suzuki has nailed it, hype will be high. future cult classic maybe.
    happy to wait for a soccer mum to offload theirs in the mean time.
    it's not like i don't already have a 4wd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

  18. #78
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    If you willing to wait, then keep an eye on the second hand market. Chances are you find some rich young lady who bought because it looks cool then sells in a few months time with less than 1000kms on the clock for 20k


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True but unfortunately it wouldnít be a MT (donít want AT). All good. Next yearís decision. Maybe theyíll up the crash rating or even put in push button start & touch entry.

  19. #79
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173

    2019 Suzuki jimny/Sierra

    Double post
    Last edited by smellytofu; 30-01-19 at 07:13 PM.

  20. #80
    Registered User Marlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On the Shelf
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by -Matt- View Post
    I'm out nothing left you need need to order and hope for the best and give us flexability on colour choice - there has been alot of price checking and time wasters along with test pilots

    Pre orders are close to 350 Over the long weekend, 600+ people walked into Suzuki showrooms to see the new car and now we've got around 500 orders with only 1100 coming this year those people who want to think about it will miss out.
    Lol, slow down turbo.

  21. #81
    Registered User LB-XP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    QFT

    If people state they'll happily wait for the hype to die down, carrying on about how big the wait time will be won't change their mind.

    And I fucking guarantee buyers would be able to get one. People putting down deposits change their mind, finance is denied, buyers lose their job etc etc. It's a mass produced car, not a Pagani Zonda.
    I can tell you there are brand new GT2 RS Porsches sitting in Melbourne showrooms right now unsold for those very same reasons.

  22. #82
    Places Unknown -Matt-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by LB-XP View Post
    I can tell you there are brand new GT2 RS Porsches sitting in Melbourne showrooms right now unsold for those very same reasons.
    With GT3 RS being cheaper makes sense

  23. #83
    Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    8,346
    ^^^Im not sure you understand how Porsche numbering works? Because 3 is a bigger number than 2 it dosent mean its the higher model. Or did i miss what you meant?
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

  24. #84
    Registered User Marlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On the Shelf
    Posts
    5,298
    Many seduced into pre-ordering a GT2 have also become aware that the GT2 is NOT a limited production vehicle. They will build as many as they can.

  25. #85
    Registered User StanM3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by nine2nine View Post
    You're on PF now, not at work, need to hit the work/life sales pitch balance.
    This x11ty

  26. #86
    Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    8,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Many seduced into pre-ordering a GT2 have also become aware that the GT2 is NOT a limited production vehicle. They will build as many as they can.
    There probably sick of seeing there limited number vehicles and Manuals getting flipped for stupid money so figure lets make as many as we can sell.
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

  27. #87
    Registered User clutch-monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    5,174
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    There probably sick of seeing there limited number vehicles and Manuals getting flipped for stupid money so figure lets make as many as we can sell.
    Iirc precisely why they made it not limited, and made twice as many GT4ís as originally planned. Especially after the 911R fuckery, hence the gt3 touring in manual

  28. #88
    Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    8,346
    Had a British racing green or whatever Germans call it 911 GT3 Touring at work the other day. Damn it looked good. Lack of wings etc and that colour had a real timeless look to it.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

  29. #89
    Registered User Marlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On the Shelf
    Posts
    5,298
    Yes have seen one exactly the same, would daily bang the shit out of it.

  30. #90
    Registered User clutch-monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    5,174
    mate test drove one, it's fucking cute
    comfortable
    slow but not dangerously slow, better than a corolla it feels. enough for traffic.
    he's strongly considering placing an order.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •