Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 175

Thread: 2019 Suzuki jimny/Sierra

  1. #91
    Gas Turbine enthusiast da9jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Radelaide
    Posts
    5,711
    This thing has to be the closest a car has come to hitting the mark for years.

    Does anyone know if Suzuki is getting into electric vehicles? To me they seem like the logical brand to go hard at EV with their light weight cars and city driving focus.
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

    Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

    75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

  2. #92
    Registered User irsa76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Queanbeyan
    Posts
    10,059
    Suzuki do offer hybrid versions of most of their range in some markets, but no pure electrics that I can see.
    Surprisingly Diahatsu seems to have zero hybrid or electric models, which is very surprising given every other brand under the Toyota umbrella has hybrids on most of their respective model ranges, even Hino.

  3. #93
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    mate test drove one, it's fucking cute
    comfortable
    slow but not dangerously slow, better than a corolla it feels. enough for traffic.
    he's strongly considering placing an order.
    Feel and reality are different things. I reckon my Prius will outrun this at the traffic light but as you said, enough for traffic.

  4. #94
    Desert Nigga vet 180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    3,508
    Quote Originally Posted by smellytofu View Post
    Feel and reality are different things. I reckon my Prius will outrun this at the traffic light but as you said, enough for traffic.
    It probably would, but itís still a Prius! I bet this jimny would outrun you through any mud bog or up any rocky climb


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

  5. #95
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    It probably would, but itís still a Prius! I bet this jimny would outrun you through any mud bog or up any rocky climb


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats! You win. Great ďraceĒ.

  6. #96
    Registered User Backmarker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    222
    I checked one out last year, neat little thing. Shame it's completely unsuited to what I need in a second car.

  7. #97
    Registered User clutch-monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    5,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

  8. #98
    Jak Sie Masz! trent from punchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,030
    well it was light...
    www.markpakula.com
    2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
    2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
    2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
    2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

  9. #99
    Registered User Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,608
    Lol, how big is that awning? 1m x 1m?

  10. #100
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173
    Great ARB kit. Wonder what carrying capacity is left after all that added weight for the driver and his clothes.

  11. #101
    are hairy Dogsballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    8,200
    And his boyfriend
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

  12. #102
    Registered User clutch-monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    5,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Lol, how big is that awning? 1m x 1m?
    maybe they had to make it extra long haha. 1m x5m, unrolls forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

  13. #103
    Registered User Mini_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,418
    Quote Originally Posted by smellytofu View Post
    Great ARB kit. Wonder what carrying capacity is left after all that added weight for the driver and his clothes.
    360kg, Minus driver, fuel, roof rack, bar
    I think youíd be very close to capacity already!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    193
    Never knew ARB was doing a Bogan Spec Jimny package. Well done!

  15. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Back in Perth
    Posts
    1,407
    Does it have isofix at all?

  16. #106
    Jak Sie Masz! trent from punchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,030
    it does, IIRC.
    www.markpakula.com
    2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
    2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
    2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
    2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

  17. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Back in Perth
    Posts
    1,407
    Might revisit getting 1 of these in a few months (yes yes I know no point waiting all sold out blah blah blah)..

    I only drive 5-6km each way to work and would then be easier to bush bash/take on beaches than the wifes LX570.

  18. #108
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173

    2019 Suzuki jimny/Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by trent from punchy View Post
    it does, IIRC.
    Correct but the top tether is accessible only if you remove the rear storage box. The one you see in the international images of the top tether behind the backrest is blanked out though I'm sure you can pry it out.



    Last edited by smellytofu; 06-02-19 at 12:59 PM.

  19. #109
    Desert Nigga vet 180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    3,508

    2019 Suzuki jimny/Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by smellytofu View Post
    Correct but the top tether is accessible only if you remove the rear storage box. The one you see in the international images of the top tether behind the backrest is blanked out though I'm sure you can pry it out.



    International versions of isofix donít require a top tether. Itís a weird Australian thing the did to basically pass the safest baby carrying system invented globally to Australian standards....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

  20. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Back in Perth
    Posts
    1,407
    Personally I like having the top anchor as well, just helps keep the seats that little bit more snug/secure and doesn't add much to the time taken when moving them between our cars.

  21. #111
    What's that whooshing? Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canberra - ACT
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz7 View Post
    Never knew ARB was doing a Bogan Spec Jimny package. Well done!
    Hey they gotta make a $$ wherever it is.

    I always thought the Liitle zooks were all about floating and bouncing over sand and mud where bigger trucks sank hard. Also easier to winch out because once you got out it halved the weight
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

  22. #112
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by summoner View Post
    Personally I like having the top anchor as well, just helps keep the seats that little bit more snug/secure and doesn't add much to the time taken when moving them between our cars.
    The issue is that the ADR require the top tether to be rated whereas the international version makes do with the seat back version which I prefer. This version on the boot lip is just a bit of a bureaucratic joke.

    Having said that, the tether being so close to the doorway makes it easy to clip in/out.

  23. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Back in Perth
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by smellytofu View Post
    The issue is that the ADR require the top tether to be rated whereas the international version makes do with the seat back version which I prefer. This version on the boot lip is just a bit of a bureaucratic joke.

    Having said that, the tether being so close to the doorway makes it easy to clip in/out.
    both top tethers in my wifes LX570 and my GLE are on the back of the seat,guessing they went through the process of having those rated? or do they just use the tie down points (in the LX boot) as their "rated" anchor?

  24. #114
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173
    From images online vs what I saw at the showroom, it might be the seat back versions arenít strong enough. These tethers in my photo are unique to Australia which means more cost and production line complexity unless the mods were fitted at the docks here which is quite common.

  25. #115
    Desert Nigga vet 180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    3,508
    Quote Originally Posted by smellytofu View Post
    From images online vs what I saw at the showroom, it might be the seat back versions arenít strong enough. These tethers in my photo are unique to Australia which means more cost and production line complexity unless the mods were fitted at the docks here which is quite common.
    I am guessing they were fitted at the docks. The other thing to remember is if you have an isofix seat the top teather on the capsule is even an after thought and I doubt it rated. Basically the rest of the world has had isofix for 2 decades ago and the capsule designers realized they are missing out on a market of 25million people that care about safety, so they modified their existing range to comply with arcadic piece of legislation.

    At the time the rules were written Australia would have been one of the leaders in child seat safety, but that was a long time ago


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

  26. #116
    Registered User Mr Purple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,212
    Yep. The child seat laws in Australia are completely fucked up.

    They also don't allow fitting seats with ISOFIT or ISOFIX for kids over 18kg. So you can basically have your 18kg+ kid in a booster just held in by the seatbelt perfectly legally, and aren't allowed to lock in the seat any other way.

    Can pretty much guarantee kids have been killed because of their stupid, archaic laws, though you'd never be able to prove that.

  27. #117
    is delicious
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,173
    Got an interesting email today from Suzuki thanking me on my purchase when I havenít signed a thing. Iíd gladly fix their campaigning system in exchange for a Jimny.

  28. #118
    Desert Nigga vet 180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    3,508
    Quote Originally Posted by smellytofu View Post
    Got an interesting email today from Suzuki thanking me on my purchase when I havenít signed a thing. Iíd gladly fix their campaigning system in exchange for a Jimny.
    Take the letter into your local dealership demanding delivery of your already paid for vehicle haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

  29. #119
    Endos Grungle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Adelaide Hills
    Posts
    264
    Side pipes!

  30. #120
    sexy fingers
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Traralgon, Vic
    Posts
    222
    I have ordered one with auto trans for the girlfriend. She does fuck all ks and I canít stand to look at something boring in the driveway.

    I think itís still a while away tho


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute
    E36 Track Nugget Project

    '98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •