Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: CAMS Logbook Scrutineers for club car in Vic.

  1. #1
    Bannered takai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,359

    CAMS Logbook Scrutineers for club car in Vic.

    Looking at getting the MX5 logbooked to reduce arguments with scrutes at the eleventh hour.

    Back in Adelaide there were only a couple and they worked in regions. Here there are many more and seem to specialise.

    Any suggestions on who to use for it? A couple I have talked to donít do non-3rd category cars. Would be 2B/F I think.

    Suggestions?
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ballarat
    Posts
    328
    There is a list on the cams website. Names and mobile numbers
    Where are you located... east, north west or south?

  3. #3
    Bannered takai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,359
    Quote Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
    There is a list on the cams website. Names and mobile numbers
    Where are you located... east, north west or south?
    Yeah. Going through the list, but finding several who wonít do stuff in certain (or outside certain) categories.

    Iím pretty central, so Gary Howard is my closest. But havenít been able to get onto him.

    Was hoping for recommendations so that I donít have to call half the list.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    Yeah. Going through the list, but finding several who wonít do stuff in certain (or outside certain) categories.

    Iím pretty central, so Gary Howard is my closest. But havenít been able to get onto him.

    Was hoping for recommendations so that I donít have to call half the list.
    That brings back memories, Gary did my last dirt rally car in ~1998 ish. He's a Toyota weird beard, so you'll get along famously!

  5. #5
    Bannered takai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Komdotkom View Post
    That brings back memories, Gary did my last dirt rally car in ~1998 ish. He's a Toyota weird beard, so you'll get along famously!
    Yeah, i ended up getting in touch with him and will be taking the car to him for a logbook cert. Look forward to the more extended chat then
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

  6. #6
    Compulsive modifier awdmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    Any suggestions on who to use for it? A couple I have talked to donít do non-3rd category cars. Would be 2B/F I think.

    Suggestions?
    Does it have just a lap/sash belt?
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

  7. #7
    Bannered takai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,359
    Quote Originally Posted by awdmoke View Post
    Does it have just a lap/sash belt?
    Nah, 6pt FHR harness as well as the lap/sash for road.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

  8. #8
    Bannered takai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,359
    Update to this. Gary Howard came past yesterday and signed off on it, had a good chat about old Toyotas and Datsuns.

    Long story short, the stuff about needing to shift shoulder harness points that started all of this is a wrong interpretation of the rules.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •