Roll cage dismountable joints

Who sells these dismountable joints?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190226_172236.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	110488

I think I've seen that on an AGI cage.

I use Brown Davis for roll cage stuff. They are brilliant.

Yeah, they look like AGI mounts. Let us know if they sell them separately from a complete cage.

As an aside, AGI originally offered to build me a cage at a normal price, which would have meant them making a new template, a pretty substantial effort. However, they had a bit of a re-focus of the business as the owner explained to me, and backed away from doing new kits, just doing kits for cars for which they already had templates. Probably a good business decision, if they were constantly doing new templates they would never make any money.

Anyway, that's part of what got me to building my own cage.

I'd be looking at something more along the lines of these: https://www.roadrunneroffroad.com.au...g-style-chrome
    rather than a fixture that relies on the sheer strength of a bolt.
    Last edited by Lurch; 26-02-19 at 07:36 PM.

I'm an idiot. The pic is from my AGI E30 cage and I ddn't think about contacting them. I am chasing CAMS certification on another E30 which may not have a compliant joiners in the the door bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    I'd be looking at something more along the lines of these: https://www.roadrunneroffroad.com.au...g-style-chrome
    rather than a fixture that relies on the sheer strength of a bolt.
    DO you know if they are CAMS approved? Billet Race Craft have them same and they say they quote a CAMS Homologation Number: SDJ-17-04. https://billetracecraft.com.au/produ...1-joiner-copy/

Opens
    Looks like a door intrusion bar, if the bolt is going to fail in shear with that set-up and two plates either side, you're more than likely in a non-survivable side impact. I know AGI had to spend a fair wad of cash on the bolt-in joints getting them destruction tested and then approved.

Quote Originally Posted by dsm2002 View Post
    DO you know if they are CAMS approved? Billet Race Craft have them same and they say they quote a CAMS Homologation Number: SDJ-17-04. https://billetracecraft.com.au/produ...1-joiner-copy/
    I think the bloke from Track Art in Melbourne has had his certified, give Andrew a buzz he's a legend.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Komdotkom View Post
    I think the bloke from Track Art in Melbourne has had his certified, give Andrew a buzz he's a legend.
    Andrew is great, but while his joints are also certified ($250ea!) they still rely on bolt sheer (admittedly 2 bolts).
    Personally I'd prefer something that locked together more positively...

Going to chat to the roll cage guy soon. The car has a Qld modplate for the cage, but the demountable joints do not meet CAMS requirements. I'll see what we'll do about.

Technically, the bolts are only actually in shear if they're not tightened properly.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Those BRC joints are the shiz. Expensive, but strong and well made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

FWIW after chatting to the roll cage guy, I'm going for a fixed, i.e. welded, intrusion bar with a sainz bar.

Although ACT based, I had contemplated getting Qld rego (at my mothers address) to drive to the race track and back. Probably illegal and too much work to change the car to registrable condition.
    Last edited by dsm2002; 14-03-19 at 02:51 PM.

AGI do not sell the joints separately

Mit freundlichen Gre

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Duckworth View Post
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

FWIW after chatting to the roll cage guy, I'm going for a fixed, i.e. welded, intrusion bar with a sainz bar.
    Hasn't gone well. Not happy with the outcome. The Sainz bar that was put in is not to CAMS spec as where it meets the front leg is greater than 100mm from the bar across the top of the window and foot plate. Not sure whether go back to the roll cage guy and get him to fix it or address it myself.

Anyway I have found some joiners which look good - $15 each on Facebook Link

Name:	rollcagejoiners.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	110948

Hasn't gone well. Not happy with the outcome. The Sainz bar that was put in is not to CAMS spec as where it meets the front leg is greater than 100mm from the bar across the top of the window and foot plate. Not sure whether go back to the roll cage guy and get him to fix it or address it myself.
    Who is signing the paperwork off for the roll cage? If its the builder get them to fix it, but did they miss any other cams requirements (gussets??).

Did someone in Canberra do the cage?

Anyway I have found some joiners which look good - $15 each on Facebook Link

Name:	rollcagejoiners.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	110948
    No idea on cams but they are a no for drag racing applications

This is a schoolboy error. It would make me wonder what else is wrong with the workmanship. You can see the welds, but do you know if the tubing is the correct dimensions and grade, for example.

This space left blank Ben Wilson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Removable joints, or these ones in particular?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
    Who is signing the paperwork off for the roll cage? If its the builder get them to fix it, but did they miss any other cams requirements (gussets??).

Did someone in Canberra do the cage?
    The cage was originally built 6 or 7 years but the previous owner never got it a CAMS log book or safety cage registration. I have had gussets fitted and had to remedy the non-compliant joiners by a local bloke. I'll sign if off.

I'd rather not name and shame as the fellow has a good reputation and my issue probably resulted from miscommunication where I'd mentioned I wanted as good access as possible. I am not as lithe as I once was. In any event, I have not given him a chance to remedy it yet. I am still considering what to do.

The dilemma is making an existing roll cage with an existing Qld Mod plate for the cage CAMS approved.

Yeah, not sure if they were or not. I understand CAMS would need to approve specific joints unless they are consistent with the schedule J drawings

I decided to grab them as they are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Wilson View Post
    Removable joints, or these ones in particular?
    This style

The cage was originally built 6 or 7 years but the previous owner never got it a CAMS log book or safety cage registration. I have had gussets fitted and had to remedy the non-compliant joiners by a local bloke. I'll sign if off.

I'd rather not name and shame as the fellow has a good reputation and my issue probably resulted from miscommunication where I'd mentioned I wanted as good access as possible. I am not as lithe as I once was. In any event, I have not given him a chance to remedy it yet. I am still considering what to do.

The dilemma is making an existing roll cage with an existing Qld Mod plate for the cage CAMS approved.
    fully understand not naming, honestly I would just ask them in person and see what they say - even if you can come to an agreement that they wear part of it and you wear part of it (e.g. materials).