Thread: Sanity check please - Motogadget m-unit v2.0

Sanity check please - Motogadget m-unit v2.0

Hey all,

I'm in the process of pulling my finger out on my KZ750 build. I started re-wiring the bike over the weekend using the Motogadget m-unit v2 that I've had sitting around on standby for some time.
    This is my first time wiring one of these, so it's a process of getting my head around things.

For the uninitiated, it's a solid-state relay and fuse system that's designed to modernise and simplify things when it comes to re-wiring a bike.

Here's the wiring diagram for the bike. Here's the manual for the m-unit.

As I understand it, I'm to wire in the trigger buttons to the left side of the below diagram, and the outputs to the right side. The low-beam runs constant (as I understand from the manual) and doesn't need to be wired in on the "in" side.
    Here's the diagram I've put together...

Could someone with the brains for this please sanity check my diagram and let me know if/where I've fucked it up?

Cheers.
    2003 Toyota ST246W Caldina GT-Four N-Edition
    2001 Nissan NM35 Stagea RS Four V
    1995 Yamaha SRV250 Classic
    1980 Kawasaki KZ750E

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Great product. I've been running it on my BMW cafe racer for about 4-5 years.

Yes inputs from switches plug into the M-unit, then the output goes to the light, indicator etc. Super easy once you start working on it.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Great product. I've been running it on my BMW cafe racer for about 4-5 years.

Yes inputs from switches plug into the M-unit, then the output goes to the light, indicator etc. Super easy once you start working on it.
    Perfect, so there's nothing glaringly obvious that I may have buggered up that you can see?

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Fist View Post
    Perfect, so there's nothing glaringly obvious that I may have buggered up that you can see?
    Don't think so. It was intimidating at first, but the product's very simple!

I replaced a rats nest of 40yo wiring in the headlight with the M-unit and switches.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

(TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"

Don't think so. It was intimidating at first, but the product's very simple!

I replaced a rats nest of 40yo wiring in the headlight with the M-unit and switches.
    That's the aim here, too. 39 year old bike this year, and it's spent a lot of its life parked up, so the wiring was pretty shithouse before I touched it.

I think I have a good idea now, so we'll see how this goes. Thanks!
    1980 Kawasaki KZ750E

That is quite a neat unit. If only someone made something similar for cars... especially the MButton thing.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    That is quite a neat unit. If only someone made something similar for cars... especially the MButton thing.
    Yeah, really fucking cool shit. I'm surprised that someone hasn't done something similar for older, non-EFI cars
    1980 Kawasaki KZ750E

Theres no reason you couldn't use it for an older car, even with EFI. Its a replacement fuse box, not an ECU.

Anything Lucas would be a prime candidate!!!

(TM - AVENGE)

Theres no reason you couldn't use it for an older car, even with EFI. Its a replacement fuse box, not an ECU.

Anything Lucas would be a prime candidate!!!
    Except you would either need a few more circuits or have some running on another device.
    Wipers, HVAC, demister etc would all need circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    Except you would either need a few more circuits or have some running on another device.
    Wipers, HVAC, demister etc would all need circuits.
    yeah, this
    1980 Kawasaki KZ750E