Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: F1 Baaaaa-rain.

about 3:40 -

quality goes to 1080@50

also still don't hear shit with leclercs engine
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Quote Originally Posted by nastysven View Post
    so close to some points

It's gunna be a tough year to be a Dan fanboi.
    The silver lining is that it might have been only marginally better at RBR. At least the Renault and Mclaren looked quick down the straights in Bahrain. It was always going to be a transitional year this year for Dan. He also got to take no one from RBR with him, takes time to adjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

until they were targetted with the pulse cannon - they were the next best team.. also good to see mclaren in there.. also worthy of note that Gasly was nowhere.

leclercs engine stuff was supposed to be ers related. Low on power in the straights, something like 30-40ks down in the trap and he couldnt harvest with the rear axle so he had to lift and coast at the end of the straights so he didnt overheat the rear brakes.

Dan and Nicos problems were definitely different (or dans was caught earlier) nico had the bangpuffclankclankclank type of failure where dan just straight cut out.
    this signature intentionally left blank

Binotto has said the engine dropped a cylinder, nothing harvesting related, the talk of the H being down was speculation from commentary due to the rear lights not flashing, they were cycling modes to find something that worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2308752006114170

No contact, and you can see how hard the car is shaking.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman Don View Post
    Binotto has said the engine dropped a cylinder, nothing harvesting related, the talk of the H being down was speculation from commentary due to the rear lights not flashing, they were cycling modes to find something that worked.
    It wasn't speculation - thats what fezz reported to leclerc - and the harvest lights did flash - but not in the usual places.. and why tell him to lift-coast if the harvesting was fine?

doesn't make sense - unless they can get benefit from replacing something extra etc.. or they are full of shit about how much power their electric motor makes.. eg from the speed-trap figures 40km/h down means 200hp instead of 160.
    Last edited by GSRman; 02-04-19 at 04:01 PM.

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20...n_Vettel.html?

LOL trying to impose team orders in the second race, lap 5. Fucks sake.
    #teamtremolo

I like how he didn't acknowledge the 'request' to stay behind for two laps and then just drove past him on the straight. Fuck you Ferrari and Vettel. He's a good kid.
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by GSRman View Post
    It wasn't speculation - thats what fezz reported to leclerc - and the harvest lights did flash - but not in the usual places.. and why tell him to lift-coast if the harvesting was fine?

doesn't make sense - unless they can get benefit from replacing something extra etc.. or they are full of shit about how much power their electric motor makes.. eg from the speed-trap figures 40km/h down means 200hp instead of 160.
    Interesting theory especially considering rival teams have appealed their duel battery set up on the past. The FIA and even rival teams have a lot more data than us and if they are doing something funny I am sure we will hear about it over the next few races

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Quote Originally Posted by GSRman View Post

He has to lift and coast because -

- with no electric power the car is on the straights for way longer so burns more fuel
    - with no electric power it is not retarding the car to generate power and brakes will essentially overheat like they did for Merc in Canada

So you are either going to run out of brakes or fuel
    #teamtremolo

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    He has to lift and coast because -

- with no electric power the car is on the straights for way longer so burns more fuel
    - with no electric power it is not retarding the car to generate power and brakes will essentially overheat like they did for Merc in Canada

So you are either going to run out of brakes or fuel
    thats my point - so why are they now saying - we lost a cylinder..

I would imagine part of the issue was that they if it went into limp mode/whatever you call it they had actually dropped the electrics too. Certainly was flashing here and there but nowhere near the normal for harvesting.

No idea to be honest but I think the initial guess was because he was still circulating with reduced power. Can imagine if was running on 5 it would have needed to be cranked up to make power so chewed fuel. And maybe the coasting was to save it as much as possible.
    #teamtremolo

If you're not running on all 6 it would have a flow-on effect to the MGUH. Drop a cylinder and the whole system is affected, the MGUH completely relies on normal operation of the ICE for its normal operation. Ferrari reporting to Leclerc that the H was down may just have been the initial symptom of the dropped cyl they say on their telemetry.

The full radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujK_qFRQFk

Did lol at sock mode

But also interesting to hear them switching on and off a mode and the panic in fuel numbers, and Charles straight out telling them he couldn't run 1.38's
    #teamtremolo

If it dropped a cyl, surely they would turn off the injector (assuming that's possible) and be great on fuel?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Except you then need to use full throttle way more to produce speed down the straights
    #teamtremolo

Pit lane cannot make any changes to the car remotely so shutting a cylinder down wasn’t an option. They were concerned he would run out of fuel as they had to keep the fire burning to maintain some sort of lap time and run risk of hydraulic locking.

The real interesting part of this is the Ferrari is still reliant on a continuous spark either to pre ignite or traditionally fire in cylinder. Have been thoughts that they had a way of ‘dieseling’ the chambers over last couple of seasons
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

he failed over 17,000 things - no reason one of those couldn't have been

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman Don View Post
    Pit lane cannot make any changes to the car remotely so shutting a cylinder down wasn’t an option. They were concerned he would run out of fuel as they had to keep the fire burning to maintain some sort of lap time and run risk of hydraulic locking.

The real interesting part of this is the Ferrari is still reliant on a continuous spark either to pre ignite or traditionally fire in cylinder. Have been thoughts that they had a way of ‘dieseling’ the chambers over last couple of seasons
    HCCI only works at low loads
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo View Post
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.