Thread: The Bend - Open Track Days

The Bend - Open Track Days

Anyone done one of the Bend official Open Track Days?

Thinking of making my way up with a few mates to give the track a crack, but want to make sure you get a decent amount of track time at their open days. There's no mention of how the days run (open pit, grouped sessions based upon race and road cars etc).

The Bend is a brilliant place Snowy .... you will enjoy it big time, especially if they run the V8 circuit rather than one of the shorter circuits

I'm planning to do one of the SA State Rounds there on 8-9 July or maybe 14-15 October (but that is only a fortnight before Sandown Historics which I'll also do)

I did one round of the SA champs last year but a fuel lean-out lead to a failed head gasket so we parked the car for the weekend.

It is a brilliant circuit and a real drivers challenge

ProdSports were looking at a 1-hour race there this year as well but there is nothing on their website at the moment.

It's seems the proposed Prod Sports round has been replaced by Winton in October - hence why I was asking about these Open Test Days.

Looks like I will go over there in June with a few of the Lotus guys and try it out.

Yep, I did one of their open days last year. They are very well run and you potentially get a good amount of track time, but that depends on any on track incidents or issues. They run 3 groups with 20 minutes per group. They do not extend the group time to take into account red flag periods so it is really luck of the draw as to whether or not you get a full day out of it or lose some time. I ended up losing almost a couple of full sessions due to red flag periods but even with that, given the cost and the facilities I was pretty happy with the day.

Groups are organised and confirmed prior to the day and, from what I could work out based on the day I did, there will be a group for the day licence people and then a couple of groups for CAMS licence holders and race cars. I think they will try and have race cars in their own group; the day I did one group was pretty much exclusively Porsche Cup cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It's seems the proposed Prod Sports round has been replaced by Winton in October - hence why I was asking about these Open Test Days.
    Yes unfortunately we weren't able to secure a weekend to run our Super Enduro round at The Bend this year. We did have it all organised last year but the event we were scheduled to run with got cancelled

So this year we are planning to run at Winton to make up the 4th round, still to be confirmed. And we'll try and lock The Bend in for next year.

2x 1 hour races around The Bend would be epic!