Thread: Kenwood 9018 v 9019

Kenwood 9018 vs 9019 + Android Auto Qs...

I had my eye on the Kenwood DDX9018DABS, with the 9019 (2019) model just released... have a few questions from anyone who may know -

* What's actually updated? The most obvious thing I can find is proper wireless Apple Carplay - however I use android devices except for work so 0 cares and it looks like Android Auto (AA) is still wired at least on launch - perhaps a firmware update in future?
    * Processor and panel still the same on spec, maybe some differences in available built-in apps but think this is secondary if running AA?
    * Most importantly... if using AA, and using say 'Poweramp' as my phone's audio player app, does the DSP of the head unit run in full-time on output? Ie. Does the DSP's time alignment run whether I use the head unit's player vs AA? Critical for my setup for a few reasons.
    Last edited by Lonx; 09-04-19 at 01:16 PM.
    PF Gamers List

Quote Originally Posted by klampykixx
    if a motor has big enough injectors to run say, 7psi but only just starts to max out right on rev limit, will it run more boost lower in the revs without maxing out if you lower the rev limit?