Thread: Supercheap 20% off - Includes Garrett & EFR, TurboSmart, etc (ends Sunday midnight)

Supercheap 20% off - Includes Garrett & EFR, TurboSmart, etc (ends Sunday midnight)

A good chance to save quite a few $$s off big name items.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/brands/garrett

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/brands/turbosmart

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/brands/borg-warner

etc, etc.

I bought my EFR7163g off these guys a while back during a 30% off sale.
    Took a while to arrive (typical EFR, special order from the USA), but it did get here and saved about $1300 over GCG prices.
    Last edited by MWP; 21-04-19 at 01:46 AM.

They also had the Cashrewards cranked up to 6.3% for the Saturday of the sale... havenít checked if it still up for the Sunday.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Yeah I saw they extended it to midnight tonight and decided to just get a new Turbosmart BOV.. $100 cheaper than the majority of other places..
    /csh Racing

Definitely worthwhile for everyone with a "project" car that isn't time critical to wait for one of these.

GTX2860r gen II for 1650 is not bad at all (around 500 less than elsewhere?)... shame they don't have the 67 which would've been more preferable. Cashrewards is on 6.3% still so it's 1550 if I have a weak moment in the next hour. If the sale is extended tomorrow I'll give it more thought... I'm not sold on where this engine is going but it's going into something in the next 3 months and if it's FWD then the 60 is fine. How often do you think the 20%+ special order sales happen, a few times a year?

Hmmm they have the 3071 https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...ett&lang=en_AU but it's too big for my use at the moment.
    Last edited by Lonx; 21-04-19 at 11:29 PM.
    PF Gamers List

Quote Originally Posted by klampykixx
    if a motor has big enough injectors to run say, 7psi but only just starts to max out right on rev limit, will it run more boost lower in the revs without maxing out if you lower the rev limit?

Looks like prices have reset... bugger.
    PF Gamers List

if a motor has big enough injectors to run say, 7psi but only just starts to max out right on rev limit, will it run more boost lower in the revs without maxing out if you lower the rev limit?

Well that was quick.. got an email this morning to say my Turbosmart BOV was shipped today.. didnt expect it to get sent out that quickly..
    /csh Racing

Following my above post, they pulled the easter sale about 6 mins before midnight. Worked in my favour, I let them know about it and they gave me a direct credit to the value of my shopping cart.... Make your own mind up on what that meant but I ended up nicely in front. GTX2867R Gen2 ordered Monday, delivered tomorrow I can't complain about that.
    Last edited by Lonx; 25-04-19 at 05:35 PM.
    PF Gamers List

It looks like they source some of the turbo parts from GCG... my EFR box had a GCG booklet hidden in the bottom.
    I wonder if Supercheap didnt have something listed that GCG sell, if they would add it, or make a special order.

I found GCG's site perfect for matching the GCG supplied turbo numbers. Waiting for that GTX to turn up!! For what it's worth, I managed to find a reference to even the newer GTX2971 but yes, it was pretty expensive - just not GCG expensive. Not sure on their stance of honouring the sale if it wasn't a listed item but from a commercial standpoint it'd be about the same??
    PF Gamers List

Mine was the same, GCG pamphlet inside the box. Mine looks like a repackaged return though, paint marking on the compressor wheel and a torn bag
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by MWP View Post
    I bought my EFR7163g off these guys a while back during a 30% off sale.
    Took a while to arrive (typical EFR, special order from the USA), but it did get here and saved about $1300 over GCG prices.
    Bit off topic, but what is the difference between the normal 7163 and the 7163g ?
    What did you end up putting it on ?