Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: F1 Azerbaijee by jingo by crikey

yeah, that would be great Matty's Avatar

F1 Azerbaijee by jingo by crikey

F1 weekend at the castle.
    Will Dan produce another magic win?*
    Will it be another MercSnoozefest?
    Will my Kayo sub that I cancelled still work this weekend?

(*no, no he can't)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ O’Rourke
    Name me, if you can, a better feeling than the one you get when you're half a bottle of Chivas in the bag with a gram of coke up your nose and a teenage lovely pulling off her tube top in the next seat over while you're going a hundred miles an hour down a suburban side street.

F1 Azerbaijee by jingo by crikey

Lewis for the win.

Dan to get a podium here.

Leclerc to get sacrificed for vettel race

Horner to bitch about his sector 3 times without actually mentioning Honda.

Lewis for the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vet 180; 23-04-19 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Lewis and Merc are good but good enough to win twice?

Times (Sydney).

Predictions
    One Renault powertrain failure.
    One McLaren in Top 10
    One Renault in Top 6
    Leclerc to dominate Seb until non-existent teams orders result in Seb being in front.

Bottas and Ham to duke it out for 1 & 2.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

I think Ferrari will win here - they are making big power and this track is a power circuit.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I think Ferrari will win here - they are making big power and this track is a power circuit.
    That may be so, but they’ll fuck their chances by pulling some check1-2 team orders bullshit, or insert a phantom pit stop etc. Seb is only capable of success when everything goes his way, once he gets rattled by any form of pressure he may as well be be driving a Haas for all the pace he loses.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Ferrari are also running a lower downforce package overall according to assessments of those that say they know. So while they will be good in Baku s1 & s3 they may struggle through s2 as they go up and round the back...

And Honer will always complain at high horsepower circuits...Now he can't blame Cyril Irritable he'll find something else...

Quote Originally Posted by helium3 View Post
    Ferrari are also running a lower downforce package overall according to assessments of those that say they know. So while they will be good in Baku s1 & s3 they may struggle through s2 as they go up and round the back...

And Honer will always complain at high horsepower circuits...Now he can't blame Cyril Irritable he'll find something else...
    Yeah the Ferrari should suit this track if they can get the tyres switched on. I still think Hamilton will take it for some reason.

Horner will have a wingde post race. I would guess there is something in the Honda contract about public Honda bagging as he has chossen his words carefully this year. I am going to go and call this one early, Max will not win a race this season.
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    Max will not win a race this season.
    High-5
    ---

Lol manhole cover BOOM!
    Name me, if you can, a better feeling than the one you get when you're half a bottle of Chivas in the bag with a gram of coke up your nose and a teenage lovely pulling off her tube top in the next seat over while you're going a hundred miles an hour down a suburban side street.

Well there goes P1 and P2. Sucks for Williams, race managements owes them a new chassis.

HAHAHA HOLY FUCK now the crane car has hit the bridge and is pissing hydraulic fluid all over the Williams :'D

What a comedy of errors by the track people! The crane hitting the bridge was hilarious!!!

Sucks not to have any p1 running though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

I was watching the tow truck depart the scene with its crane still up thinking "hmm, that's pretty tall, but I guess he knows what he's doing". Nekminit...

The local welding contractor might soon be learning to weld a chain and an ankle bracelet to that manhole cover.

How such an epic corporation failed so hard is incredible. Sure the local contractors would have forgotten to weld that one- or more- but that sort of shit shouldn’t get through the pre-race checks. They would have processes to prevent this as it’s happened plenty of times before. Looks like it could be fucking nasty too

Probably just stitched it in a couple of places and she'll be right.. He probably had to also grind the welds off on Monday as well
    Last edited by St00ge; 26-04-19 at 11:15 PM.

Its not the first time its happened.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Just got to watch the Sylvester Stallone Indy car movie to see what happens to manhole covers.....

But what a comedy if errors, if it wasn't so serious it could almost be funny instead of just sad.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

That tow truck driver, icing on the cake. What a fuckup, lol.

That’s the kind of shit I expect to see from the special marshals we see in China. Manhole covers coming loose is not that uncommon but the tow truck hitting the bridge is true epic fail. Spectators crossing the bridge at the time must have shat themselves.

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    It should be uncommon though, that sort of thing could easily be fatal!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    1UZ+1NZ...

Do Williams get fucked over with penalties if they need to replace bits because of the manhole lid?

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Do Williams get fucked over with penalties if they need to replace bits because of the manhole lid?
    Realistically they'd be last on the grid anyway...

But yeah you'd think they should be entitled to some leeway on penalties. Hard to be fair with units that may have been on their way out anyway.

Thinking about it, are manhole lids cast ? If they are they are not going to weld particularly well to start with, and if they can move when driven over, will soon break a weld anyways. To me, when I give it some thought, it is a pretty ordinary way to deal with the problem.

Indeed it would be entirely unfair for Williams to be at all disadvantaged by this unfortunate accident, especially given their grave position otherwise.
    " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Quote Originally Posted by Roy928tt View Post
    Thinking about it, are manhole lids cast ? If they are they are not going to weld particularly well to start with, and if they can move when driven over, will soon break a weld anyways. To me, when I give it some thought, it is a pretty ordinary way to deal with the problem.
    People keep saying "welded" but Michael Masi said a "clamp" was broken. At no time did they show a guy welding anything even if it was only to fix the one man hole in question. You'd think they'd show that on the coverage. They did show guys with long T bar type devices as if they were tightening nuts which aligns with the notion of clamps of some type.

yes, they did say that they're clamped at this venue and not welded like some others

It would depend on the cover type.

Some are bolted down normally, some just use the weight to hold them in place, so need to be welded.

IIRC, Adelaide and gold coast had some covers welded in place where the surround was metal so the lid could be welded. Generally, they were 4 or so welds about an inch long and done in the few days before the event.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Yes manholes are cast. So they would suck to weld properly.

A lot of sewer manholes have threaded inserts so they can be bolted down (mainly in areas where it floods). It should be specified that any manhole within the track boundaries needs to be changed to a bolt down type. Would save this sort of thing from happening.

Sounds like these might have been bolted/clamped? down though. Who knows if it's a permanent clamp, or some sort of dodgy afterthought though.

Got info from an mate who is in Baku who will remain confidential. The element that retains the bolts that fix the manhole cover broke. Freak accident really. But its on the straight so such a cover will get quite some force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk