Thread: Self adhesive thermal insulation

Self adhesive thermal insulation

Ok, so what's the hotness (well, lack of hotness) in self adhesive heat shielding these days?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

I used this. Didn't benchmark others but no real complaints and it's light

https://www.carbuilders.com.au/peel-...eat-shield~845

Saw that stuff, also been looking at the DEI gold heatshield, and the Kool Wrap line of stuff.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

I'm sure there is possibly a big difference between them all but I used a bunch of carbuilders stuff and was fairly happy with it. Well priced and targeted towards the DIYer

The guys at DCI in Melbourne do some cool stuff too.

Hmmm, looking at the DCI data sheets, I might replace the existing single layer stainless heat shield with one of their heatshield products - the Sheethot TF600 looks to give the best performance, but the TF400 would probably do the job (And be easier to form!)
    I'd love to see some comparison of the self adhesive stuff - mainly the aluminised glass mat type products vs gold mylar types.
    Last edited by Gammaboy; 16-05-19 at 04:33 PM.

Pollitically incorrect
    The stuff they use on trucks seems pretty good. Sits close to the turbos, and doesn't seem to fall of. It's also quite thin (I thought) at about 2.5mm.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Zircoflex.

Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Far out - it'd want to be given the cost!