Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: eBay racing 04 k24a1 Cr-v Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Diff swap shouldnít be a show stopper. Is there an AWD gearbox that can be used thatíll survive?
    U can get Quaife straight cuts for 10k plus , stock transfer is good, rear diff can be upgraded from another model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eBay racing 04 k24a1 Cr-v Manual

Quote Originally Posted by F3ARED View Post
    Bending rods at low rpm? Correct me if im wrong but that sounds like it could be fixed by retarding the cam and pulling ignition timing although i take it controlling the cam isnt an option with the way you are running the ecu?

PS bigger turbo is always better.
    Iím not entirely convinced , if a stock sr20 can run 25psi I canít see how a k24 will explode just because it has boost around peak torque yet they can take 600whp on a stock bottom end.

Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    U can get Quaife straight cuts for 10k plus , stock transfer is good, rear diff can be upgraded from another model

Yep

Bring on the 7ís

Following with interest
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Yep

Bring on the 7ís

Following with interest
    Yeah I saw that video too. Have seen a few you tubers use them with 400-600whp and use ďelementĒ rear diffs. I would have to google to see what an element model is over here

Let me know how big an fmic you can fit and Iíll see what I have

Yeah I saw that video too. Have seen a few you tubers use them with 400-600whp and use ďelementĒ rear diffs. I would have to google to see what an element model is over here

Honda Element is a rebodied CRV:

Not sold in Australia, although there were 2 in Canberra at one point.
    If the AWD coupling system craps itself you could convert it to a solid dog clutch style setup, common on the old rear engined VW 4wd vans to replace the viscous coupling.

Watching with interest!
    Kebabhunter

eBay racing 04 k24a1 Cr-v Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Let me know how big an fmic you can fit and Iíll see what I have
    Havenít tried yet but it appears the best will be a passenger hand side in and out arrangement .

I want it fully enclosed like this one. I was thinking maybe 450x300x76 or a 600 if I can fit it. I give no fuck for cutting front bar reo
    https://youtu.be/lNzdnjVrMNg

Last edited by thebluerx7; 21-06-19 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    self you could convert it to a solid dog clutch style setup, common on the old rear engined VW 4wd vans to replace the viscous coupling.
    Mate I will just pull the driveshaft out of itís a bitch. It will never been strong enough for 2 stepping grippy launches, I would rather disable it for drags and run a full slick on the front.

Update for today without an update is I think I have decided on a gt3076 eBay spec. Depending on funds might try the dual bb eBay version.

My wifeís Mazda 6 auto blew up so that gets fixed today, then I can sell that car , recoup the crv purchase and 2k auto repair and have about $1500 left over hopefully , that should pay for all the parts I need for this to happen.

Havenít tried yet but it appears the best will be a passenger hand side in and out arrangement .

I want it fully enclosed like this one. I was thinking maybe 450x300x76 or a 600 if I can fit it. I give no fuck for cutting front bar reo
    https://youtu.be/lNzdnjVrMNg

Thats Oxers car. I think in the end he got defected or EPA'd or something, was supposedly meant to be putting everything in a neater higher-spec model. Not sure what happened after that - steve sold MSC soon after so stopped seeing him around /csh

Would something like this work in regards to intercooler?

Quote Originally Posted by F3ARED View Post
    Thats Oxers car. I think in the end he got defected or EPA'd or something, was supposedly meant to be putting everything in a neater higher-spec model. Not sure what happened after that - steve sold MSC soon after so stopped seeing him around /csh

Would something like this work in regards to intercooler?

Yeah thatís what Iím thinking but it looks a bit small, will try to get as big of a cooler in there as I can to offset the ďChinese not quite as goodĒ factor

Yeah thatís what Iím thinking but it looks a bit small, will try to get as big of a cooler in there as I can to offset the ďChinese not quite as goodĒ factor

Where are you located? I have one of those coolers except taller if you want it. Sick of looking at it.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Quote Originally Posted by rolin7 View Post
    Where are you located? I have one of those coolers except taller if you want it. Sick of looking at it.
    Hervey Bay se qld area

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Please continue making PF great again!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Priced some turbos from grant at proboost as I have used his gt45 before and it was great.

For the Honda :
    journal bearing gt3076 $950
    gtx3076$1200
    Gt3076bb $1200
    gt3076bb gtx$1450

All out of my price range

XR6T? Big rear housing should mean it doesnt throw rods until after 7000rpm lol

I've got a brand new bush bearing billet wheel 1.06 3076 turbo for $300 if you want it? Powermax turbo is the brand same as this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Upgraded...p/132369403013
    Same price I paid for the 3076 :-(

You should be able to run this of a hondata. a mate ran one on 280wkw k24 cl9 accord with no drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    You should be able to run this of a hondata. a mate ran one on 280wkw k24 cl9 accord with no drama.
    Canít do Hondata on this ecu, have already contacted them plus a few local suppliers and canít be done.

Can get a plug in AEM for it for $1700, fuck that. Will piggback this bitch all the way to 6sec passes .

Quote Originally Posted by richzx View Post
    I've got a brand new bush bearing billet wheel 1.06 3076 turbo for $300 if you want it? Powermax turbo is the brand same as this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Upgraded...p/132369403013
    Same price I paid for the 3076 :-(
    Rear is a bit big and would cost me $180 or so for a smaller rear . Will keep it in mind though. The v band rear would be handy .

Iíve got an old haltech E6something you can have for $150
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Fair enough, my knowledge of more modern hondas is clearly lacking.
    If it was a shitbox b or d series id be all over it haha.

On that note i have had impure thoughts of late of throwing a vtec head on a earlier b20 powered crv.

But i do like the budetness of this build and it should haul arse once done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Iíve got an old haltech E6something you can have for $150
    All good man I have an adaptronic e420c , 3 bar map sensor in a bucket at home . It should do all I need .

Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Fair enough, my knowledge of more modern hondas is clearly lacking.
    If it was a shitbox b or d series id be all over it haha.

On that note i have had impure thoughts of late of throwing a vtec head on a earlier b20 powered crv.

But i do like the budetness of this build and it should haul arse once done!
    I would love do give this crv one of them k24 500hp na builds but they just cost so much , even a 350-400hp na would be cool but still cost a tonne.

I really should do a k20 heqd swap on this to please the Honda nerds so I have ďproperĒ VTEC but fuck them all, I want to do zero work and make a billion hp.

Yeah building tough na hondas like most motors, costs a metric fuck tonne and are generally cantankerous cunts of things, that make the same power as a budget turbo build but cost 5 times the ammount to do so.
    I agree with your build philosophy, throw cheap turbo at it, thrash the fucker... good stuff.

shit I need pf solutions for:

1 - Direct fit k24 1000-1250cc injectors , Preferably with good spray pattern nozzles for under $400, best I can find is $700 with plugs.

2- anyone ever made a manifold out of normal thickness exhaust pipe/ chopped factory headers ? (I once made a turbo manifold from bunnings silver gal 1 inch water pipe and threaded 90 deg bends. Worked a treat)

Iím determined to do this whole turbo kit for under $1500.

Quickbitz on Faceballs

INJ-213 Bosch Injectors 1150cc with Raceworks lower extensions on sale until Monday 24th June $79 each plus postage. Get in quick limited stock

I really should do a k20 heqd swap on this to please the Honda nerds so I have ďproperĒ VTEC but fuck them all, I want to do zero work and make a billion hp.
    I was guna ask if this was the low rev vtec engine. I belive the k24a3 is the performance style vtec. They appear to be 700 odd on Ebay if you blow this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by slipway View Post
    I was guna ask if this was the low rev vtec engine. I belive the k24a3 is the performance style vtec. They appear to be 700 odd on Ebay if you blow this one up.
    Yeah something about mine maybe only vtec on one cam or some shit. I think vtec and cam profiles will not be an issue for what Iím chasing .