Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: La Baguette Grand Prix

Has been like that for last couple of years. Definitely since they changed the infographics from the "classic" analogue RPM dial. No idea why, I reckon it's intentional. I'd really like to see how far drivers are trailing on the brakes between race/quali and each other.

Honestly it is a low ebb for Formula 1, there is no racing at the pointy end, first laps sixth and then when you stay up late to watch your boy and then after hyping it to infinity and beyond they donít even show the fucking pass for position on the last lap then they can all get fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

La Baguette Grand Prix

Hmm Dany under investigation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    Heís going to get pinged for that for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    1UZ+1NZ...

Heís going to get pinged for that RAI overtake for sure

I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    1UZ+1NZ...

Quote Originally Posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
    Heís going to get pinged for that for sure
    He looked rather frustrated on the last lap. The pass on Kimi was a little sketchy.

Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Twice too

1UZ+1NZ...

Quote Originally Posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
    Twice too
    It looked like he was trying to give the place back to Lando and then Kimi went through and he decided to have no part of that

I want to see a mid season swap of Kvyat and Gasly

2 x 5 second penalties and 3 points against his license. Fuck it.

Another race where I'm glad I just slept and watched the "highlights" on YouTube.

How many more races till the WCC is wrapped up, can't be many more.

Damn, Ric dropped to 11th so no points.

Also, can I say this track is a piece of shit? If they don't want cars to go off track... I dunno, put some grass on the side instead of the shit blue and red stuff?
    Last edited by 1uz-zte; 24-06-19 at 06:37 AM.

I actually didn't think it was that bad a race. Sure it wasn't exciting as some but it also wasn't as boring as some either and there had actually been some stuff going on back in the midfield.

Yes the lines are shit but that's because the place was never intended to be a GP track again when it was refurbished however many years ago. It was rebuilt to be a test track so lots of open space with lots of track variations and strips which are actually sections of coarser bitumin to help slow down cars and keep them off the wall, you know all the stuff you want on a test track, but doesn't necessarily make for the most exciting race track. The stripes didn't bother me as much this year, I think they set up some better/lower camera angles so they weren't as obvious.
    Last edited by Luke352; 24-06-19 at 06:55 AM.

I thought one 5 sec penalty would have been sufficient - given that it was all the one incident..

would have been nice to see an overhead - i think lando went super deep - so not sure dan could have really done much else - and he was going to the right on kimi when kimi was deciding to defend out to the line - at that point dan was hung out - where's he going? - fuck it might as well make the pass.
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Nah, when you rewatch all the angles etc it was two incidents and Daniel re-entering definitely caused Lando to have to take avoidance and Dan went wide initially because he went to deep on the brakes. Also Kimi was already on the white line when Dan came up behind him and then pulled off the track Kimi didn't force him off.

In short based off the rules Dan deserved the penalties and they weren't forced errors.

https://www.facebook.com/17139841961...=516620270&w=y

I'd agree with what he says you might get away with calling the first one a racing incident but the move with Kimi was a clear violation.
    Last edited by Luke352; 24-06-19 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Another race where I'm glad I just slept and watched the "highlights" on YouTube.

How many more races till the WCC is wrapped up, can't be many more.
    I stayed up late, damn it. What a snooze fest. At least in motogp there is close racing.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Yeah - I think Dan thought kimi was moving left to defend - theres a bit of a bobble - but they were both overcoming wheelspin etc - chose to go right - as kimi was, was committed - in the wrong, fair enough - but if you don't go for it, might as well hang it up.

but Lando went deeper under brakes than I think expected - he wasn't going to concede the place, so Dan went wide - they ended up giving each other room - and let's face it - if Lando had kept the place they would have penalised him for making the leap to hyperspace on corner exit.

It was all a bit scruffy - but he's fallen foul of the same thing that happened at the start - "if you leave the track you must go around the bollard" - ok.. oh look, it's still faster than everyone shoehorning in to the second corner.

I wonder if Dan is regretting now taking that Mclaren drive offer more seriously

For how ever much I think Zak is a muppet - James Key is a master of making a Silk purse from a Pigs ear

Actually set my alarm to wake up for this one, but glad I hit the snooze button. Not quite sure what Dan was thinking there, I know his water wasn't hooked up, so maybe all that loss of body water effected his decision making ability..

Good to see Mcclaren with another good result, good benchmark team to show how far behind Renault are from a chassis perspective.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

I don't think it was a super boring race, directors got stuck on the wrong things at times.

Feel for Lando - was driving very well.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Didn't watch the race but just watched the replays here. I think the penalties were harsh. Especially points against his licence! WTF!
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...a1Y1TOqPsQVG3g

He didn't force Lando off the circuit, Lando ran long out of the right hander. The in car from Dan clearly shows plenty of racing room at the point where Lando is ahead of him and then shoots off to the left. With Lando off the road Dan then takes the second apex. He could just as easily have stayed wide.
    The pass on Kimi, OK he probably should have redressed that. He was only off the circuit momentarily though.

Also well done to Robert Kubica for beating his team mate!
    #teamtremolo

Quote Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
    The pass on Kimi, OK he probably should have redressed that. He was only off the circuit momentarily though.
    If it was wall/gravel/grass he would have never been there - solid white line was crossed to pass. Just like Max in America - it's tempting as a driver but no. In his post race interview he knew the penalty was coming.
    #teamtremolo

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    If it was wall/gravel/grass he would have never been there - solid white line was crossed to pass. Just like Max in America - it's tempting as a driver but no. In his post race interview he knew the penalty was coming.
    Yeah agree he should have got a penalty for that. He should have redressed on track.

But the Lando incident I think was harsh. But regardless, points off his licence!?! I think that was too much!

Perez got points too and he did the right thing! That is lunacy right there.
    #teamtremolo

Is someone trying to make a name for themselves now Charlie can't tell them to take a fuckin chill pill?

La Baguette Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Perez got points too and he did the right thing! That is lunacy right there.
    Indeed!

He deserved to lose the places gained, but not points on his license. Same for Dan.

Dan was a bit of a rock and a hard place as he gave Lando room to run a little deep, and Lando used that room to try and get the place back. I really donít like the way that corner is done, but dan didnít need to go so deep he had the pass done. The Kimi thing he should have went the inside line.

All in all it was a bit scrappy and Dan seems to have lost a little of his racecraft with the Renault. I am sure lack of confidence in the brakes is a major contributing factor. Kvyat, now this, is all initiated by the initial go under brakes. I hope he can get that sorted soon

Last edited by vet 180; 24-06-19 at 01:25 PM.

Pollitically incorrect
    I wonder why Kimi didn't get penalized having all 4 wheels off the track at one point during the whole thing?
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Lando pass he was just too generous with leaving room
    Kimi pass... yeah nah.

1UZ+1NZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post
    For how ever much I think Zak is a muppet
    Clearly knows how to recruit and manage the right people though with Seidl and Key being the main guys. He also moved on several senior people.