Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: La Baguette Grand Prix

The way that the stewards are slinging around 5s penalties is ridiculous and the licence points are just lunacy. Especially Perez at the start of the race.

Itís almost like they donít want to see any racing happen. Just a nice orderly procession.

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    All in all that was shit. Iím getting really close to cancelling our Fox subscription and just watching highlights on youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Lowwwwwry just cancel it and if youíre a Telstra customer get a 3 month free trial of Kayo to see if you like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Registered tax offender SuperDave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I don't think it was a super boring race, directors got stuck on the wrong things at times.

Feel for Lando - was driving very well.
    It wasn't the worst race I've watched, but certainly won't be rewatched. I mostly kept myself interested by keeping track of Ricciardo's strategy against the Hulk and similarly placed midfielders, to determine how it was going to shake out after all the pit stops. There was definitely two instances of penalties against Ricciardo at the end there, but points on his license is total bullshit, it was hardly dangerous driving. Perez got fucked over as well, does what's required, still in the wrong, not his fault it was a faster way through the turn.
    My car
    Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

I saw a little bit of the post race wrap up. Anyone else notice the little wiggle and steering lock on raikonnens car as ricarddo went past.?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

The Renault has got a bit of power now. He pulled past the Alfa pretty well.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Pollitically incorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogsballs View Post
    I saw a little bit of the post race wrap up. Anyone else notice the little wiggle and steering lock on raikonnens car as ricarddo went past.?

was that before or after he left the track?
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Worst thing about this season is contemplating Hamilton may soon equal Schumi if Mercedes keep their advantage into next season (highly likely). #blessed!11111onejuan
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Quote Originally Posted by nastysven View Post
    was that before or after he left the track?
    As he started over take

Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Worst thing about this season is contemplating Hamilton may soon equal Schumi if Mercedes keep their advantage into next season (highly likely). #blessed!11111onejuan
    Even more ironic that Michael was there while the building blocks were put in for the current domination...

La Baguette Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post
    Even more ironic that Michael was there while the building blocks were put in for the current domination...
    Very true

So with Austria being such a high seed high flowing circuit will Mclaren out do RBR. Comparing Noris lap to Max at France the Mclaren looked better in high speed corners and straights, RBR in slow speed corners and big braking zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vet 180; 25-06-19 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post
    Yes we were robbed of seeing Schumi in a front running car one last time. Instead we are blessed.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

MGP + Hamilton combo has been the most dominant ever seen in the sport.. given the length of time and the level of doing so. Then paired with often competent team mates to play the role of #2 and it leaves even Ferrari's best years behind imho.

Well done to them for being able to pull it all together. While it makes for a boring show for those of us who aren't Hamilton fans it is commendable.

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Yes we were robbed of seeing Schumi in a front running car one last time. Instead we are blessed.
    Rosberg had the measure on him with their time together. Not much would have changed as the car got quicker. The only difference would have been Rosberg would now have more world championships than Hamilton if he had not moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Well Schuey had heaps of mechanical issues, but his racecraft was definitely a little rusty too. Got glimpses of the old schuey, in Monza racing head to head with Hamilton, the Schuey line straddling an entry curb in Singapore which everyone else then copied, and Monaco putting it on pole. But there were probably more pretty ordinary mistakes to counter those moments. Pretty gutsy move to come back at that age and put his dominant legacy on the line with a team that clearly weren't going to win straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by summoner View Post
    MGP + Hamilton combo has been the most dominant ever seen in the sport.. given the length of time and the level of doing so. Then paired with often competent team mates to play the role of #2 and it leaves even Ferrari's best years behind imho.

Well done to them for being able to pull it all together. While it makes for a boring show for those of us who aren't Hamilton fans it is commendable.
    Yes and no - both won 5 straight, Ferrari could have won 99 too but that ended in in the wall at Silverstone, so that would have been 6. I'd say it's fair to guess it's going to 6 this year for Merc.

At least Lewis hasn't had team mates sign on to be lapdogs.

Granted, Ferrari were pushed, probably should have lost 03 to Montoya until the FIA stepped in to help. Merc have not really been touched beyond the first half of 17 and 18 - but a lot of that can be placed on the shoulders of Vettel.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Quote Originally Posted by hrd View Post
    Well Schuey had heaps of mechanical issues, but his racecraft was definitely a little rusty too. Got glimpses of the old schuey, in Monza racing head to head with Hamilton, the Schuey line straddling an entry curb in Singapore which everyone else then copied, and Monaco putting it on pole. But there were probably more pretty ordinary mistakes to counter those moments. Pretty gutsy move to come back at that age and put his dominant legacy on the line with a team that clearly weren't going to win straight away.
    Almost putting Barrichello into the wall was a highlight of ruthless Schuey

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Yes and no - both won 5 straight, Ferrari could have won 99 too but that ended in in the wall at Silverstone, so that would have been 6. I'd say it's fair to guess it's going to 6 this year for Merc.

At least Lewis hasn't had team mates sign on to be lapdogs.

Granted, Ferrari were pushed, probably should have lost 03 to Montoya until the FIA stepped in to help. Merc have not really been touched beyond the first half of 17 and 18 - but a lot of that can be placed on the shoulders of Vettel.
    2015 pretty much showed us what to expect for the next few years.