Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cambelt would be interested in the sedan. He posted in your ad. I think I need to buy the donk.
    Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
    Originally posted by ALLMTR
    Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
      historic rego on the other hand, is easier .... to get, and serves the purpose

not so - your car still needs to be RWC - and be fairly standard.

and if your club lets modded cars it would /should be engineered as per any normal full reg car mods requiring an eng cert

street rods (SR) is slighty different - but its signed by an engineer

if you in sth australia - you cant even have different wheels (i believe) on historic reg

Comment

The engine even has two extra injectors in the x over pipe. Perfect for dodgy drag cars.
        David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
        You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

PM sent.
          Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
          Originally posted by ALLMTR
          Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

I think the rules and competition should be kept to a minimum - too many of these budget based competitions are killed by their own rules.

Make it the "I'm going to spend $1300 and see how fast I can go and you should too" challenge and you are on a winner.

Valiants must still be heavy though (1400kg??) is the 265 really that good?

Comment

Bluebird mentioned earlier in the thread for $500
              253 from the wreckers i bought for $300
              Rebuilt trimatic i have market value = $800
              Weld diff $0

$1600. damn. I agree with changing this to a bang for buck formula.

Comment

if someone could get a ca18det for a few hundred and drop it into that $500 bluebird, it would probably piss in 13 secs...
                Originally posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
                ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

Comment

Hmm I'm not up on the jap motors so that would be out for me. Plus this 253 I already have. I'm thinking seriously about this bluebird. Would be good to meet some of you cunts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sammm View Post
                    Valiants must still be heavy though (1400kg??) is the 265 really that good?
                    VH-VK are a tad more than 1400kg.. CMs are 1510ish!

ill be starting with a VG however, which is around 1220ish

265s with mild mods are usually good for 13's, however anything better than that can become spendy!
                    Originally posted by Rdyno
                    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                    Originally posted by Tripper
                    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                      not so - your car still needs to be RWC - and be fairly standard.

and if your club lets modded cars it would /should be engineered as per any normal full reg car mods requiring an eng cert

street rods (SR) is slighty different - but its signed by an engineer

if you in sth australia - you cant even have different wheels (i believe) on historic reg
                      yes and no (in victoria anyways)

most clubs are alot less strict on rust. the cars still have to be safe though. mild mods are usually ok with the clubs too.

* in my case, the VG with 265.. the engine is 10ci larger than the largest 6cyl made for them, and is the same engine family.
                      *they came with 3speed autos from the factory.
                      *they came with borg warmer diffs from the factory, however mine will have 10" drums, 1" larger than factory.
                      *they had optional front discs, ill be using later CM front discs, which have alloy calipers instead of cast iron. clubs in vic wont pick that.
                      *VG pacers had an optional 4BBL inlet from the factory. mines an aftermarket manifold and holley instead of factory carter. no biggie. will mod factory aircleaner to fit it.
                      *will fit 15" falcon rims for the drags (i suspect easier to find slicks to borrow) however for club reg ill run factory hubcaps and 14"s if required.

so really, apart from the floorpan rust in my paticular car and shit paint.. i think ill shit in historic reg. daves crown with 7MGTE will need to be inspected with original motor and then converted if he wants historic reg.

if they get snippy with me, ill quietly remind them an older member is running a 245 hemi, front discs etc in an old 1950's plymouth cranbrook? on club reg
                      70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                      Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

shitter gemini 500,
                        moo conversion 500-800
                        ???
                        profit
                        Nope

Comment

Originally posted by <---cop View Post
                          The more i think about it, the more i think it should be.

$2000 street car challenge

1. No nitrous
                          2. Within rta capcity guidelines (no big block 120ys)
                          3. Safety items not counted in total ie ball joints/wheel bearings
                          4. Receipt or fair market value for all parts

Includes vehicle purchase but not rego costs.
                          Must drive to track.
                          Fastest car wins.

/zoomfeature
                          So when is this going down? how long does everyone need, who is in?
                          2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
                          SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
                          1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
                          -------------------------
                          http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

can the original car be quick? I had a look at a moo powered gemi (hilux diff, all running) out near westlakes when me and a mate were thinking of entering mallanats (skidz an shit) advertised for 2200 but the drugfucked bogan was pretty desparate to sell, sms'd "ill take 1600 cash" after i had left. It was certainly a look at how not to live your life.

Anyway, if an adelaidian is interested I can give them the dudes number.
                            Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

finalise rules and regs first.

im in. depending on how serious this gets, ill need a year

id prefer it stay at $1300. makes people be more creative and search harder for bargains. i have a feeling bootloosing sales are going to go through the roof!

zoom feature would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by SELfor50 View Post
                                ALso... no need to. I know a workshop owner in Capitown with a pretty sweet 450SEL that could be got for less than $500. Engine runs fucking ace. And interiors schmick - so you could sell that for $500 which = budget for car is still $1300?? Isn't that how it works??

Only downside is, it's on LPG....
                                Details? What's the story, and if it's John's I may be in trouble since I'm there evey couple of days with stuff for him!

Comment

Working...
                                X