This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theo woollet and one of his mates already did this at willowbank about 4 years ago.
    using a $900 volvo wagon. don't know volvo's but it was a mid 80's model that was turbo and auto. it was registered too, with only mod apparently being a bleed valve. everything certainly looked standard including shmick leather interior. after a number of low 14sec passes the driver finally got 13.
    driver was pretty brutal though, especially when getting some heat in the rears.

my idea: mazda 121 metro 89 model motor not running $200
    94 ford laser 1.8 twincam motor $300 with everything
    mazda familia gtx running gear with broken gbox and blown headgasket $400
    swap over all the good bits between the engines to make one good one.
    gets done all the time over in the U.S, with good results. and the standard 121 gbox is aparently good for this aswell. just can't run slicks.
    www.hackettsdiscounttyres.com.au for the best prices on the biggest brands!!

Comment

I've already started with a VN commodore stripped out and ready for nos. I don't mind changing nos to turbo but I will not be registering it. If that will fit the criteria then I'm in. If not then I won't be selling it just to buy something registered just to do the same thing to it.
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Can I be the judge of this?

Happy to pick apart people's supposed $1300 budgets, it would bring me great joy.

Hose clamps, oil lines, bolts, manifold materials, exhausts, tailshafts, etc all add up very quickly.

My ghetto 180b cost around $5k to get running, and ran 13.3. And i did everything as cheap as possible and re-used a fuckload of stuff I had kicking around. VG30DET, Haltech, Manualised Auto, Locked R180.

I reckon you'd come close to $1300/$1500 with a ghetto CA18 series 3 bluebird.

Its not what IS required, it's what ISNT'T required that makes it possible (budget wise)

bluebird wouldn't need :

-Diff upgrade (except a locker)
        -Gearbox mods
        -tailshaft change

Comment

Rules Draft

- Proposed Budget $1300 including vehicle cost
          - Pre-purchased vehicles and parts must have an agreed reasonable value attached with no objection from other players
          - Freebie vehicles / parts need to be realistic and have no objection by other players, eg - uncle bob gave me an old malpassi fuel reg, not - uncle frank gave me his ferrari f40 engine
          - Cars must be registerable
          - No n20
          - RWC items additional to budget
          - Labour, welding / grinding consumbales cost additional to budget
          - A complete build log with pictures and prices needs to be kept.
          - tim510 - Judge

Feel free to edit
          2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
          SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
          1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
          -------------------------
          http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by OKE020 View Post
            Rules Draft

- Pre-purchased vehicles and parts must have an agreed reasonable value attached with no objection from other players
            - Freebie vehicles / parts need to be realistic and have no objection by other players, eg - uncle bob gave me an old malpassi fuel reg, not - uncle frank gave me his ferrari f40 engine
            - No n20

Feel free to edit
            Agreed mostly.

Don't agree with freebie parts though, all parts should be included in total $1300 at fair market rates (boostcruising.com)... Keeps everyone on a level playing field.

Comment

since this is dennis' baby.. i think he should decide on final rules?

draft rules look good though
              Originally posted by Rdyno
              70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
              Originally posted by Tripper
              Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Rules Draft 2

- Freebie vehicles / parts must have an agreed reasonable value attached with no objection from other players
                - No n20
                - tim510 - Judge

Dennis?

Feel free to edit

Comment

Radial Tyres additional to budget?

Comment

RWC item

Comment

YH51 Hiace, 4Y with NOS?
                      I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, and from this side only! The flight of a half-man, half-bird. Dinosaurs nuzzling their young in pastures where strip-malls should be. Cookies on dowels. All those moments lost in time; gone like eggs off a hooker's stomach. Time to die.
                      - Phil Ken Sebben

Comment

can we make it 1500

just nagged a rb20det r31 manual for 1500 bux

can i trade in some of the 10 months rego to get it down to 1300?
                        Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                          1. No nitrous
                          2. Within rta capcity guidelines (no big block 120ys)
                          3. Safety items not counted in total ie ball joints/wheel bearings
                          4. "reasonable" cost of items ie can't claim big block chev for $12.95
                          5. Must present as registerable (Gutted is ok but cutting the roof off is a no)
                          fixored? ? ?

Actually regod is for restecp
                          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Thought of another shit car

Stripped as fuck 1994 Hyundai Sonata 4G63 + VR4 turbo/manifold (and whatever else you can scrounge lying around).

Malpassi 1.7:1 fuel reg for fueling & spanner to retard the timing.

Comment

What is an exceptable market value on a mx83 cressida rolling shell?

Comment

Originally posted by OKE020 View Post
                                Rules Draft

- Cars must be registerable and within rta guidelines re capacity
                                - No n20
                                - tim510 - Judge

Feel free to edit
                                added my 2 bits
                                I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Working...
                                X