This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Crown has 4 wheel drums. Would the cost of a front disc brake conversion be in the budget or would it have to be outside?
    Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
    Originally posted by ALLMTR
    Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

im wondering this also.

hopefully comes in as rwc costs?
      Originally posted by Rdyno
      70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
      Originally posted by Tripper
      Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

dennis, judging by the rules, if i were to buy an r32 gtst with a blown turbo and gearbox for under $1000, is that not aloud?

Comment

Originally posted by gianttomato View Post
          My Crown has 4 wheel drums. Would the cost of a front disc brake conversion be in the budget or would it have to be outside?
          Here is the dillema. The cars should be made so their owners can use them after. EG, we all know you can weld a diff for next to nothing. But an LSD would not have better track performance but would make it a better street car. But when you start excusing things like this its going to make a mess of the challenge.

We should also open this challenge to other forums and clubs after we decide on rules.
          10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
          Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

At the end of the day its still 13s for $1300. Still needs to remain a bit of a challenge though else whats the point.

The cressida is a fairly tidy roller with a340, i was thinking i'd use it as a base if could get an agreed value of $400. I got a 2jzge from ph@tman on here awhile back for a carton of coronas and bought another since for <$100, i already have jzx81 mounts, 1jz flex and bellhousing that i got for free but will add a combined value to these items of say $100, i have an ebay t4 mani that was $189 and still are on ebay, leaves me a bit over $550 to sort an internal gate turbo, + get some more fuel in the thing. I can get the engine running on the 7m ecu and injectors ok.

Ha ha sounds a bit impossible
            2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
            SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
            1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
            -------------------------
            http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by 2JZR31 View Post
              Here is the dillema. The cars should be made so their owners can use them after. EG, we all know you can weld a diff for next to nothing. But an LSD would not have better track performance but would make it a better street car. But when you start excusing things like this its going to make a mess of the challenge.

We should also open this challenge to other forums and clubs after we decide on rules.
              stuff like brakes (within reason) should be allowed as a safety item i think, especially if the aim is to have the car registered.

for instance,

drum to (stock) disc conversion i think should be allowed
              drum to brembos is going a little far
              Originally posted by Rdyno
              70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
              Originally posted by Tripper
              Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Originally posted by OKE020 View Post
                At the end of the day its still 13s for $1300. Still needs to remain a bit of a challenge though else whats the point.

The cressida is a fairly tidy roller with a340, i was thinking i'd use it as a base if could get an agreed value of $400. I got a 2jzge from ph@tman on here awhile back for a carton of coronas and bought another since for <$100, i already have jzx81 mounts, 1jz flex and bellhousing that i got for free but will add a combined value to these items of say $100, i have an ebay t4 mani that was $189 and still are on ebay, leaves me a bit over $550 to sort an internal gate turbo, + get some more fuel in the thing. I can get the engine running on the 7m ecu and injectors ok.

Ha ha sounds a bit impossible
                Agreed, even with the hookups you have i just cant see how its possible to complete within budget.

Something like $2000 maximum & MPH minimum of 100 would be much more achivable.

Top 3 cars could then be judged as to who has genuinely spent the least (reciepts, build history / pics etc).

So basically the aim would still be to spend under 2k but now with a MPH target & realistic budget.

my 2c anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by RNS-11Z View Post
                  dennis, judging by the rules, if i were to buy an r32 gtst with a blown turbo and gearbox for under $1000, is that not aloud?
                  Buying a car already capable of 13s for fuck all because some dumb ass cant change a turbo and gearbox isn't going to be as interesting as building something up. If its near stock that is fine. If its already got a FMIC and exhaust etc and you just need to find a tranny and turbo cheap enough it just becomes an exercise in finding parts cheap enough rather than engineering. But I'm not to say you should't do it. This challenge is supposed to include as many people as possible so banning certain stuff is not within the concept.

Whether the car is nitrous based or just somehow purchased for under $1300 just needing a repair to hit 13s, can be considered by the PF lynch mob when voting.
                  10.83 @ 125

Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Surewood View Post
                    I say no.

One could pickup a cheap R32 GTST (insert random jap import boostcrusing shitbox here) for like 2+k then strip bits off it back down to $1300 value.
                    And then it will be a $1300 car, so it meets the criteria, surely?

Or is the challenge actually about finding illogical ways to do 13s for 1300?

My plan (and its something I was planning long before I saw this thread, so I've already done the parts collecting) is:
                    1. $300 Volvo 760T. Sold manual conversion bits for $300. Therefore B23ET & ECU & 15" alloys owe me $0.
                    2. $200 Early Volvo 245, with manual box + 4.11 diff gears.
                    3. $200 RB25 BB turbo.
                    4. $100 Ebay IC.
                    5. $200 for DIY 3" exhaust.

Surely this is the kind of thing the challenge is hoping to acheive?

the source:
                    "that fool that send that message i dont want no old car to buy .the question was not the dizzy it is the toyota pin out that i wanted to no.that goes to the dizzy."

Comment

Rules Draft 3

- Proposed Budget $1300 including vehicle cost
                      - Closest cost to $1300 wins if all over budget
                      - If more than one car is under $1300 the quickest wins
                      - Pre-purchased vehicles and parts must have an agreed reasonable value attached with no objection from other players
                      - Freebie vehicles / parts must have an agreed reasonable value attached with no objection from other players
                      - Cars must be registerable
                      - N20 allowed but not judged against other cars (the more cars built the better)
                      - RWC items additional to budget
                      - Labour, welding / grinding consumbales cost additional to budget
                      - A complete build log with pictures and prices needs to be kept.
                      - Buying cars with engine conversions already done, or a 13 sec car just needing a few small repairs from BC for fishtank and fathers mag light etc is frowned upon but not banned. This is an engineering challenge not a mad ebaying skillz competition.
                      10.83 @ 125

Comment

What about tyres? Are we allowing borrowed drag radials/slicks/semi slicks or sticking to true street tyres?

Gutted interiors OK? Technically they stop it being registerable..

Comment

24hr poll on objects of debate should get the rules done by Jan 1

I suggest starting with nos or no nos
                          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

0.5 second penalty for nos?

Comment

2 categories? Nos and no nos? It seems easy to get a cheap vn and slap a cheap nos system to get 13's. Plus nos cost a bit to fill.
                              Originally posted by Babalouie
                              Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Pop quiz, hotshot: So my neighbour offers to buy me lunch if i get rid of this so he can slash his property better?

http://img534.imageshack.us/i/20101226125358.jpg/

Value?
                                I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Working...
                                X