This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone ask Jesus to setup a sub section under street cars for build threads and a sticky thread for parts hunters like "anyone know where I can find a T25 turbo for $150?!"

Comment

then we should put a list of cars that are not allowed to enter? is the point of this 13sec for 1300? or the most not so doable car doing 13sec for 1300? im trying to create as many objective viewing points so every one has an understanding. why is it not ok to buy say like an r32 for under 1k but its ok to buy an exa? is it because the r32 has better potential to do 13s for 1300? at the end of the day if your in budget and you have proof who can argue? yes i agree it would be more interesting if you can get a vn or el doing it but then does it become an engineering exercise or abit of fun? dont take it the wrong way, im just trying to cut down as many possible hurdles that there may be.

h.

Comment

How about we propose our project cars and put them to an eligibility vote.
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
        my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Anyone here NOT a public servant?

the source:
          "that fool that send that message i dont want no old car to buy .the question was not the dizzy it is the toyota pin out that i wanted to no.that goes to the dizzy."

Comment

I dont have a problem with r32 theory but selling bits off any car to drop the cost isnt on IMO. I could get ten cars for 100 each and wreck them out to have $5000 to spend
            I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Already have a project going with a mate that should fit into this challenge.

auto EA Ford with a switzer bolted to the side of it.

How much is a EA going to be valued at in this challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                I dont have a problem with r32 theory but selling bits off any car to drop the cost isnt on IMO. I could get ten cars for 100 each and wreck them out to have $5000 to spend
                i totally agree, no wrecking of cars should be allowed, only modifications to reach the target time with in budget of $1300. What im trying to get at is, with out making it too complicated yes we want to have some fun, but whats the difference between having everything already there that you just need to fit to buying a car with the potential for next to nothing requiring some coin to be spent on it to do 13secs?

Comment

Originally posted by Spac View Post
                  Anyone here NOT a public servant?
                  QFT, anyone would think the prize was 30 billion dollars the way everyone is nitpicking every single rule

The less rules the better

1. $1300 max (if you go over and want to enter, it's a 0.1 second penalty for every extra $100 spent)
                  2. No NAAAWS
                  3. RWC/REGO/Safety shit not included
                  4. No selling off bits to increase your spending money
                  5. Stuff you already have has to be valued

/end rules

Comment

I reckon, say, $200-$300 for any old shitter is a fair valuation

Comment

Yeah i reckon basic rules. At least that way you guys can have something to winge about when I kick your asses

Comment

i dont have an issue with the r32 for 1k. The way i see it is if you can get a 32 for 1k you are going to need more than 300 to get it running. Or its a track only option that wont be allowed. Agree with no selling parts to recoupe cash.

Just keep it simple

no more that 1300 spent in total!
                        Excluding rwc
                        no nos

the whole 32 argument is not relivent imo as if you can find a 32 for 1k and only need 300 to get it fixed you deserve to be in the contest as that is great bargain hunting
                        Originally posted by Babalouie
                        Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

i haven't seen any cheap r32s

gimme some pointers?
                          Originally posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
                          ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

Comment

Originally posted by gat5rodeo View Post
                            QFT, anyone would think the prize was 30 billion dollars the way everyone is nitpicking every single rule

The less rules the better

1. $1300 max (if you go over and want to enter, it's a 0.1 second penalty for every extra $100 spent)
                            2. No NAAAWS
                            3. RWC/REGO/Safety shit not included
                            4. No selling off bits to increase your spending money
                            5. Stuff you already have has to be valued

/end rules
                            this sounds good, as long as your build log is proofed run what ya brung, less rules is better too. otherwise too complicated etc etc

Comment

A stock gtst would struggle to run a 14 anyway or are we getting a modded one for a thousand bucks?

Comment

no idea, i dont know of any for sale, but now and then they come up

Comment

Working...
                                X