This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
    i cant wait to see the crafty ways people get around the rules/find loopholes!

/smokey yunick fan
    I've got a fire exitinguisher setup I need to plumb in to the engine bay

Comment

Originally posted by Euroboost View Post
      How about this rule clarification, rego NOT needed BUT a current valid RWC is. Time penalty/PF lynchmob for cars that fail on legality grounds, no penalty for stuff like wipers don't work etc.
      How does that work for States which just have rego and no RWC? :p

Originally posted by Jim
      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
      Originally posted by elfturbomax
      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
      1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

good starting points for someone?

http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-...AdIdZ247012942

http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-...AdIdZ247624531

http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-...AdIdZ243253826
        Originally posted by myshortyboomba
        I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

A simple way to avoid people spending (much) more than 1300 would be to run the Finnish shitbox rally rules: you all show up and one of you has (for instance) and immaculate r32 he swears cost him 1300 - no problem any one can swap their shitbox for it. (you may want to make this only apply before any times are posted)
          Darwinschops: [Americans] a lot of them sound like their worldview just fell out of the middle ages, concussed them and gave them brain damage to go with it.

Shifty: Be at peace with yourself before waging war on the world

Comment

Originally posted by UZZ31 View Post
            How does that work for States which just have rego and no RWC? :p
            Surely cars get inspected when they transfer interstate?

Comment

One of these with a bleed valve should do it.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/nissan-pulsar...item3a619945d0

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1986-Nissan-P...item19c1e5c6a4

Comment

you cunts will be getting my val over my dead fucking body :D
                Originally posted by Rdyno
                70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                Originally posted by Tripper
                Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

had an idea. Tyres have been mentioned as a RWC item so not counted in costs. That means someone out there could theoretically get really sticky tyres for megabucks so they could launch with full boost or nitrous or whatever, and gain a half second or more from that alone.

How about - to level the playing field, and also to help 'under the table' costs going out of hand, we make a mandatory/control tyre. and I'm thinking 'bob jane australian allrounder'.

Craptastic, but available in enough sizes that it should cover most attempts (maybe exemption to run some shitty federals or hero tyres if no sizes at all available to fit specific car (but it would have to be in 'std' sizes - so if a car was available with 16 inch steel rims, the owner can't say 'well I couldn't get BJ allrounders for my 19 inch mags that i got for $5 and it's a safety item - they'd instead have to run the steelies (and not be penalised if they have to purchase a pair of em from the wreckers).

And that way the tyre costs would be low, and since they vary from size to size, don't count the cost of the tyres at all, they just have to be bob jane aus all rounders.

Apart from helping lower costs, it'd also be a bit of a laugh (just the idea of using those tyres) and bet of all - would also add another element - it'd really separate good drivers from bad, those who can get these very average tyres to launch as optimally as possible. they are speed rated from 180 (for one or two sizes) but most are over 210km/h. It's unlikely that any 13 second car, or car built for $1300 period, is going to top those speeds through the traps.

thoughts?
                  John McKenzie

Science flies people to the moon.
                  Religion flies people into buildings.

Comment

I don't understand why the rules are so complicated.

Build car for $1300 and whoever does he best time wins.

Anything goes. It will have to pass a safety inspection at the drags so it can't be too dodgy.

Or if you must have your rego (which some of you seem fixed on having) have 2 classes. Registerable and drag cars. Cars to be classified by PF concensus before they run.

Would open it up to many more people and make it more enjoyable for those who already have cheapies as race/drag cars etc.

Comment

Rule 654: Any challenge on the initial cost of the car means the challenger is prepared to buy said car at his estimate ie
                      "Your VR is worth at least $250"
                      "Deal"

I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Btw how do you run ignition on an efi motor if you convert it to carby?

Btw II: How big a turbo would you need to get 8psi in a 3.8/4.0 litre motor?
                        I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Originally posted by Euroboost View Post
                          Surely cars get inspected when they transfer interstate?
                          Yes but why is that relevant? What im saying is there is no recurring inspection/RWC system here, once a car is locally registered thats it, its never looked at again

Originally posted by Jim
                          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                          Originally posted by elfturbomax
                          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                          1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Chuck1: <EDITDRUNKENBADINFO>

Chuck 2: Ct26 from a 7M-GTE should do it
                            #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Originally posted by jmac View Post
                              had an idea. Tyres have been mentioned as a RWC item so not counted in costs. That means someone out there could theoretically get really sticky tyres for megabucks so they could launch with full boost or nitrous or whatever, and gain a half second or more from that alone.

How about - to level the playing field, and also to help 'under the table' costs going out of hand, we make a mandatory/control tyre. and I'm thinking 'bob jane australian allrounder'.

Craptastic, but available in enough sizes that it should cover most attempts (maybe exemption to run some shitty federals or hero tyres if no sizes at all available to fit specific car (but it would have to be in 'std' sizes - so if a car was available with 16 inch steel rims, the owner can't say 'well I couldn't get BJ allrounders for my 19 inch mags that i got for $5 and it's a safety item - they'd instead have to run the steelies (and not be penalised if they have to purchase a pair of em from the wreckers).

And that way the tyre costs would be low, and since they vary from size to size, don't count the cost of the tyres at all, they just have to be bob jane aus all rounders.

Apart from helping lower costs, it'd also be a bit of a laugh (just the idea of using those tyres) and bet of all - would also add another element - it'd really separate good drivers from bad, those who can get these very average tyres to launch as optimally as possible. they are speed rated from 180 (for one or two sizes) but most are over 210km/h. It's unlikely that any 13 second car, or car built for $1300 period, is going to top those speeds through the traps.

thoughts?
                              That's the sort of thing I was thinking of when I posted about tyres earlier. It could make the difference between a 13 and a 14..

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                              Rule 654: Any challenge on the initial cost of the car means the challenger is prepared to buy said car at his estimate ie
                              "Your VR is worth at least $250"
                              "Deal"

I'm up for that.

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                              Btw how do you run ignition on an efi motor if you convert it to carby?
                              Leave the ignition components alone. May be an issue with tps/map but nothing you cant get around. Look at Adam_RLSCAWEJKLSAKJHF carb LS1 setup.

Since I have stuff hanging about, what value would people put on these things:

1. VR Sedan, no interior, mini spool, heavy duty front and rear springs, newish rear shocks and rubbers, matt black paint, noisy motor.

2. Nitrous, wet efi kit with purge, bottle blanket etc.

3. Walbro fuel pump

Comment

Im in if nos is allowed, yes it may be a advantage but think how fun it will be when people start leaning it out to get that extra tenth or so. :D

Set time should be to run a 13 with in 4 months, so most will be at the track around april/may when the temps start to cool down.

Jan 1 start date.

As for the tyres, it should be open, having to run BJ allrounders will just make a 13 harder to achieve'

Sydney Dents
                                Paintless Dent Removal
                                https://www.facebook.com/sydneydents/
                                https://www.instagram.com/sydneydents/

Comment

Working...
                                X