X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OKE020 View Post
    $1300?
    Quite possible. $500 e30, $3-400 barra motor, maybe $600with box but Probably less for an ex taxi setup, few hundred left over for scrap steel for mounts and ghetto exhaust/ radiator pipes etc. Guess it all depends what the 1300 covers.
    Originally posted by Dimi
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Originally posted by schnitzelburger
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
      Non turbo BA/BF motor in an EA should do it.
      Will it bolt to a manual gearbox of an older ford?
      10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
      Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

A cheap series 3 bluebird eg

http://forums.performanceforums.com/...php?t=67257597

would be a good start as the SR20 just about bolts in ask playa for more info, wait till you find a cheap SR20DET, perhaps boost or damaged cars auction for a written off S13
        you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Early girl commodore VB/VC/VH V8 + Nos ??
          I attended the PF vs Powerchip thread 2010 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Came for the drinks, but stayed for the gangbang.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchypiMp View Post
            Quite possible. $500 e30, $3-400 barra motor, maybe $600with box but Probably less for an ex taxi setup, few hundred left over for scrap steel for mounts and ghetto exhaust/ radiator pipes etc. Guess it all depends what the 1300 covers.
            But if you just stuck the N20 on a $200 VN or EL it would do 13s for less money and a massive amount less fucking around. Yeah it wont be as cool but it will come in under $1300. IMO total drivetrain swaps like this are out from the beginning since the drive shaft will be around $300.
            10.83 @ 125

Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

I dont think an engine converted car is possible within the budget. You forgot tailshaft too, and money for the n20 bits and bobs to get it into the 13s. Dennis wants every day power to run 13s, n20 is not every day , well it can be but it shouldn't
              2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
              SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
              1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
              -------------------------
              http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

early commo with a ford 4.0L and NOS would probably be better and more likely be cheaper than a V8 commo
                Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

every day 13's for $1300?
                  7MGTE MA70 supra. lighten the interior and up the boost and it'll run 13's all day every day, and I've seen a few of them for this sort of money.

or 7MGTE into a crown/cressida. can do it with stock toyo parts bin shit and 7M's are almost throwaways these days.
                  Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                  my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by tripper View Post
                    A cheap series 3 bluebird eg

http://forums.performanceforums.com/...php?t=67257597

would be a good start as the SR20 just about bolts in ask playa for more info, wait till you find a cheap SR20DET, perhaps boost or damaged cars auction for a written off S13
                    That is what gave me the idea in the first place. I started this thread after posting about 13 or 13 in that very thread.
                    10.83 @ 125

Comment

i dont think itl be possible to an engine swap, but definately could turbo something. cut and shut manifold, ghetto exhaust, safc2, extra injectors fuel pump, you could get an ea falcon into 13s pretty easy id say

Comment

Originally posted by OKE020 View Post
                        I dont think an engine converted car is possible within the budget. You forgot tailshaft too, and money for the n20 bits and bobs to get it into the 13s. Dennis wants every day power to run 13s, n20 is not every day , well it can be but it shouldn't
                        haha posted at the same time as I said the same thing. This isn't so much as a car for me really. Just a brain storming exercise and maybe PF piss up car. But if it could be done, and the car not look and drive like a shit heap I would build it for myself. However if I done it to drive it, common sense would have me spending a bit more here and there, like getting a mint $1000 shell instead of fucked but 13 capable $100 shell etc.
                        10.83 @ 125

Comment

Originally posted by RNS-11Z View Post
                          i dont think itl be possible to an engine swap, but definately could turbo something. cut and shut manifold, ghetto exhaust, safc2, extra injectors fuel pump, you could get an ea falcon into 13s pretty easy id say
                          IMO an engine swap is possible if it really is just an engine swap. Like the CA18 into said bluebird. Full powertrain swaps are out, unless they are full bolt in or close to. The bluebird is mint and would sorta be cool, but I am not sure how much a CA costs or if it will even have the grunt for 13s without too much money. EG stock turbo stock ECU.
                          10.83 @ 125

Comment

ye but not every one has the skill to do it, i meant it in that sense. some of us can with ease but some people will struggle. either way 13s for $1300 is hard to do

Comment

Originally posted by 2JZR31 View Post
                              Will it bolt to a manual gearbox of an older ford?
                              Pretty sure it will, just need the eariler bellhousing. You can also use the original tailshaft.

Comment

Originally posted by RNS-11Z View Post
                                ye but not every one has the skill to do it, i meant it in that sense. some of us can with ease but some people will struggle. either way 13s for $1300 is hard to do
                                That is why this is about skill VS money.
                                10.83 @ 125

Comment

Working...
                                X