X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim View Post
    Hahahaha "Nang nang nang nang"
    That's the stuff :D

If you work for street machine maybe it's worth doing an article on the 13's for 1300 projects.
    LOL, check the new thread.

Comment

I can't make wed nights because of uni. Anyone able to confirm WSID is street meets on Friday also or is it wed nights only?
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I can't make wed nights because of uni. Anyone able to confirm WSID is street meets on Friday also or is it wed nights only?
        Here's the current calendar, I've bolded a few dates that might suit.

Upcoming Events
        Feb 16 Race for Real Wednesday!
        Feb 18 Full Throttle Friday
        Feb 23 Race for Real Wednesday!
        Mar 02 Race for Real Wednesday!
        Mar 04 Full Throttle Friday
        Mar 09 Race for Real Wednesday!
        Mar 12 ANDRA Test n Tune
        Mar 16 Race for Real Wednesday!
        Mar 18 ANDRA Pro Series T/D & PRO plus TCS Round 5
        Mar 23 Race for Real Wednesday!
        Mar 26 DAY of the DRAGS
        Mar 30 Race for Real Wednesday!
        Apr 01 Full Throttle Friday
        Apr 03 2011 Sydney Jamboree
        Apr 06 Race for Real Wednesday!
        Apr 08 Track Championship Series Rd 6
        Apr 13 Race for Real Wednesday!
        Apr 20 Race for Real Wednesday
        Apr 27 Race for Real Wednesday!
        Apr 29 2011 Nitro Champs

Comment

IIRC Full throttle fridays are only in summer and you need to be a full licence holder to race
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
            IIRC Full throttle fridays are only in summer and you need to be a full licence holder to race
            Seems you're right. That blows. And same with the Test and Tune too apparently.

Seriously WSID need to pull their heads out of their collective arses, no wonder the place is under investigation.

Their calendar should be street meet every wednesday and every second friday (not everyone can race on wednesday for various reasons, plus open it up for quicker cars too), then test and tunes every second saturday, with a major meeting at least once a month. Much like Willowbank.

Comment

Hahahaha "Nang nang nang nang"
              That's the stuff :D

If you work for street machine maybe it's worth doing an article on the 13's for 1300 projects.
              Nice runs though. The turbo even took some of the moo out of it.

lol at the fucked VN spec tail lights that come on and off.
              10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
              Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

tried explaining this challenge to mum.

mind you, quarter mile races are very obscure here...

told her this challenge is to do a <14s run. for 1300dollars.

she thought it didn't seem too difficult, it's only 400 meters.

then i told her her car only gets a 20.5s quarter mile, her responce was "well, their cars only have to be 7 seconds quicker. hell, mine's not that far off..."

then i told her my caddy does about a 15.5 run, just to put it in perspective.

and still she didn't get it.

if we had some proper base shitheap cars, i'd be in. but the average <1300 car is shit. the best one to start is a daihatsu applause.
                screw these second hand prices.
                Originally posted by tim510
                More rabbit less turtle!

"No new car will ever be better for the environment than an old car that already exists. Unless that old car is a left-wheel drive communist shitbox made of uranium, asbestos and luekemia", oioioioioi

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all", god
                http://www.Tutter.net

Comment

Originally posted by tut View Post
                  tried explaining this challenge to mum.

mind you, quarter mile races are very obscure here...

told her this challenge is to do a <14s run. for 1300dollars.

she thought it didn't seem too difficult, it's only 400 meters.

then i told her her car only gets a 20.5s quarter mile, her responce was "well, their cars only have to be 7 seconds quicker. hell, mine's not that far off..."

then i told her my caddy does about a 15.5 run, just to put it in perspective.

and still she didn't get it.

if we had some proper base shitheap cars, i'd be in. but the average <1300 car is shit. the best one to start is a daihatsu applause.
                  screw these second hand prices.
                  Some people are just never going to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by turbohemi View Post
                    Some people are just never going to get it.
                    Best way to explain it is to list some expensive sports cars which run 13s.
                    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
                    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

Must have been a quiet weekend, I was hoping to come back and find another couple cars had run or something.

Comment

I was talking to a few guys about this the other day and most were surprised that no-one built a VL turbo. A NA VL could be bought pretty cheap and all the factory turbo gear would be easy to find.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Comment

Originally posted by turbohemi View Post
                          I was talking to a few guys about this the other day and most were surprised that no-one built a VL turbo. A NA VL could be bought pretty cheap and all the factory turbo gear would be easy to find.

Oh well, maybe next time.
                          Just on this....mate from work just ran a 10.90 in his R31 with turb etc...didnt quite fit the $1300 thing but I think thats a good time for what it is..

Comment

One for next year from me. Currently building a Gemini with a Holden six. 99% of parts were bought from Ebay or cheap from mates etc. Being an automotive technician by trade I've got the facilities to do a lot of stuff myself and access equipment (ssshhh don't tell the boss lol). I'm hoping for 300hp at the motor by bolting on a turbo I got cheap and doing another couple of little tricks including stroking the motor for extra torque. Will easily get it in under $1300 but will have to wait and see what it runs.
                            Fame was like a drug, but what was more like a drug were the drugs

Comment

A turbo 6 in a gemini would be a shoe in 13, heck a 6 (maybe mildl mods) in a gemini would surely still hit 13's!
                              Originally posted by psssi98
                              I'm not down for crossing swords in the mud. :p

Comment

That V6 vengeance story was a good read when it was going.

It was always good motivation for the non XR6T turbo falcon crowd.
                                Maverick - gone
                                Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Working...
                                X