X
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bumcrack View Post
    dude, 2011 was the first 13-4-1300 challenge and was open to all driven wheel confirugations (fwd, rwd, awd, etc.). this year's challenge is FWD only 13-4-1300. there is a thread started by blownhemi stating that it will wrap up by the end of this month. i'm not sure as to the reason for this specific date; i would have thought a duration of the entire year would have been better because of the staggered starting of the entrants.

maybe blownhemi can clarify? to date Excel and the Lancer are the only ones to have run. Nubira, Pulsar, Magna and 626 are all in the build and it looks like at least 3 of those won't make the deadline.

as for 'weight based costings' i think that may have been a way to judge the price of an item used for a 13-4-1300 car of unknown value? either way, i don't think it means 'weight aiding' expenditures are cost free...
    I was just throwing the idea of the end of September out there. If people want long I have no issues especially given I haven't had any dollar to build a car myself this time. Got close to buying cars a couple time but then shit happens and it all falls in a heap again. But some kind of finish date is necessary just so people can have closure.

Comment

i know what you're saying with regards to end date. i reckon end of year sounds alright (because it suits my timeline lol) but understand that others have sacrificed time and tailored their build to suit an end of September finish date. it would be unfair on them to shift it out...

would be good to clear up though so i know whether i'll be getting any sleep for the rest of the month.

Comment

I have very little chance of getting the magna done by the end of Sept. Being self employed means work is the main priority.

Still keen to get it finished though, I still want to give it a run even if it is past the used by date
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

Originally posted by turbo510 View Post
          I have very little chance of getting the magna done by the end of Sept. Being self employed means work is the main priority.

Still keen to get it finished though, I still want to give it a run even if it is past the used by date
          I don't think there's any rush with this one, do what you've got to do.

Comment

thanks for your replies, should of made the timeline 13 months ha.

Anyhow fwd so im out. ill catch the next one. hopefully its not a long wait and the next one is not restricted to drive type. keep the original format, its much more popular

Comment

Maybe 11 seconds for 3grand and a year dead line, rear and fwd

Comment

I think the 13's challenges should be an annual thing. Start it in Jan, end it in Dec, next challenge in the following jan.
                Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

So who's going to build a 7.6l twin moo V12?

Radiator in the boot and it might just fit in a VK?

Comment

thats a lot of engineering to get 220kw.
                    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

So does this have a leaderboard? Or this years challenge? Oh and do I get to use the exchange rate in my favour? (New Zealand here)

Comment

http://bangshift.com/blog/the-humble...autocross.html
                        Originally posted by tim510
                        More rabbit less turtle!

"No new car will ever be better for the environment than an old car that already exists. Unless that old car is a left-wheel drive communist shitbox made of uranium, asbestos and luekemia", oioioioioi

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all", god
                        http://www.Tutter.net

Comment

Anyone keen on doing this again for 2014 or some variation on the theme?

I am fairly motivated to do something just for the hell of it even if there is no competition. I have a potential contender which would do the times but I am not sure it would make the budget. Besides the lack of regular drag events here in adelaide, I think this would be a fun project.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm new here and I have just stumbled across this forum and the 13s for $1300 thread.

Is the challenge still current?

I thought it would be good to use the idea of setting the budget depending on the year,
                            Eg, 2014 = $2014 budget

Any thoughts?

Before I discovered this page I made a Facebook page so people could share their experiences, this may be redundant now, as it looks like this thread has a lot of history behind it.

It would be great to see the concept continued and also grown to include other events such as khanacross in the future.

Any way I'm keen, so it would be good to see some others ideas too.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesV View Post
                              Hi all,

I'm new here and I have just stumbled across this forum and the 13s for $1300 thread.

Is the challenge still current?

I thought it would be good to use the idea of setting the budget depending on the year,
                              Eg, 2014 = $2014 budget

Any thoughts?

Before I discovered this page I made a Facebook page so people could share their experiences, this may be redundant now, as it looks like this thread has a lot of history behind it.

It would be great to see the concept continued and also grown to include other events such as khanacross in the future.

Any way I'm keen, so it would be good to see some others ideas too.
                              google "grassroots motorsport challenge"
                              it'll be pretty much what you're describing. but in the states.
                              also, look at the post 2 posts above yours, that's a mates mates build.
                              Originally posted by tim510
                              More rabbit less turtle!

"No new car will ever be better for the environment than an old car that already exists. Unless that old car is a left-wheel drive communist shitbox made of uranium, asbestos and luekemia", oioioioioi

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all", god
                              http://www.Tutter.net

Comment

Haha yep just got through reading that article, fantastic jeep!

So yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, and it looks like it's already been done.

Anyone keen to get the same thing happening in Australia?

www.facebook.com/budgetquartermilechallenge

I'm thinking of building a car this year so it would be good having a few cars being built simultaneously.

Comment

Working...
                                X