Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13s for $1300

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Ea falcon + au motor with holley 4 barrel
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

    Comment


      #92
      Originally posted by OKE020 View Post
      I was just thinking manual if you could find a car with a good clutch still. Should be way less effort to get it to 60', budget does not allow for convertors etc, should also be ok with the tall diff gears then to.

      From a quick read around there is not much head room in the standard fuel system so maybe 1 or 2 additional stock injectors in manifold supplied with fuel via there own pump and lines. Maybe even rig up a cheap tank with slighlty higher octane brew to mix in under boost. Hobb switch could activate the extra injectors, come to think of it might be easier to use the pre mpi engined car so can run a staged set of injectors using the drivers from the stock 2 injectors.
      black malpassi 1.7:1 FPR sort out extra fueling?

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by Asteroid View Post
        :worship:
        Long time fan of the N12, shame you would be hard pressed to find one these days.
        Back up plan Pulsar ET turbs, same hairdrier on 25psi, cheap water meth and s/h drag bags should see 14's easy, gutted, maybe dip into 13
        'Lifes pretty straight without twisties'

        Comment


          #94
          Old turbo Ovlov, FMIC, exhaust, boost. Ebay spec turbo upgrade if needed. I reckon it would shit it in. Manuals might not fit in the budget tho and I don't know how well the autos hold up.

          Comment


            #95
            N13 pulsar Vector has extra cubes to play with, weigh fuck all too...
            Originally posted by thecrackfox
            I wanna put you in a dress and hurt you...

            Comment


              #96
              Old mate ran 175rwkw and 13.7 with stock ECU and AU injectors. I assume only 6 of them. But an extra injector setup with E85 would be cheap and full of even more win. Manual would be the go but there will be a manual tax. I also have my doubts on the clutch holding up. I thought 4.11s and a smallish turbo would get the auto to 60 OK. You can get a pintara diff for $50. Plus I believe the power this car would have would real it in like a 12 sec car in the deep end. However I do know a usual EL etc is pathetic off the mark usually! The question is would the gears and smallish turbo get it to launch?
              10.83 @ 125

              Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.


              Originally posted by cracka
              Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by komori440 View Post
                N13 pulsar Vector has extra cubes to play with, weigh fuck all too...
                You'll spend too much on custom manifolds, decompressing and shit.

                N12's already Turbo
                'Lifes pretty straight without twisties'

                Comment


                  #98
                  Camry (either 3SFE or 5SFE powered) - $200ish
                  e.g
                  http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Camry-...item3a61862fa0
                  5SFE Rev 2 would be preferable, as it has a knock sensor and makes a fair load of torque when turbo'd

                  a new head + gasket kit would be under $200 for the above camry

                  3SGTE CT26 stock turbo + manifold + dump - $200 or less (i got mine for $170)
                  Dodgy ass exhaust - $100
                  Cheap ass boost tee - $20-50
                  2bar map sensor - $20-50
                  300cc+ Denso injectors - $50 (maybe)
                  Ebay ass IC and piping kit - $200
                  Misc shit - $200

                  Strip as much weight as possible from the camry, turbo/etc will just bolt on, retard the arse out of the timing with the dizzy, chuck in the 2bar map and new injectors, set to 16psi and prob crack high-mid 13s.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    AE-70.
                    4AGZE.
                    Cheap turbo + home-made manifolds.

                    Not sure of the costings of that sorry but if you did enough scrounging it should be close.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Billzilla View Post
                      AE-70.
                      4AGZE.
                      Cheap turbo + home-made manifolds.

                      Not sure of the costings of that sorry but if you did enough scrounging it should be close.
                      that's what I was thinkning... could probably do it even cheaper with an AE82

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mick.wheelz View Post
                        Camry (either 3SFE or 5SFE powered) - $200ish
                        e.g
                        http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Camry-...item3a61862fa0
                        5SFE Rev 2 would be preferable, as it has a knock sensor and makes a fair load of torque when turbo'd

                        a new head + gasket kit would be under $200 for the above camry

                        3SGTE CT26 stock turbo + manifold + dump - $200 or less (i got mine for $170)
                        Dodgy ass exhaust - $100
                        Cheap ass boost tee - $20-50
                        2bar map sensor - $20-50
                        300cc+ Denso injectors - $50 (maybe)
                        Ebay ass IC and piping kit - $200
                        Misc shit - $200

                        Strip as much weight as possible from the camry, turbo/etc will just bolt on, retard the arse out of the timing with the dizzy, chuck in the 2bar map and new injectors, set to 16psi and prob crack high-mid 13s.
                        This has merit. Thinking this wouldn't work with the stock 5SFE computer, then reading one link about using the 'magic triangle' of parts changed my mind completely.

                        http://warp.scl.utah.edu/mr2/Turbo5sfe.html

                        Comment


                          valiant with 265 - free to $200

                          4bbl manifold with holley -$200

                          2nd hand hot cam and new lifters and valve springs - $200ish

                          cm val manifolds and bodged up exhausts -$20

                          1c mod on bw35 - 1c

                          pintara gears + falcon LSD - $150

                          historic rego - $80 per year.

                          done. total $850.01 and still enough left over for a n2o kit to get you deep into 13's, maybe even 12's with borrowed slicks and a convertor
                          Originally posted by Rdyno
                          70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                          Originally posted by Tripper
                          Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

                          Comment


                            Build me that car and i'll give you 1k for it
                            2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
                            SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
                            1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
                            -------------------------
                            http://www.oke020.com

                            7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

                            http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

                            Comment


                              lol. id love to do it, all i need is an auto column and pitara gears and id have all the stuff to do it too! gotta save for wedding though

                              how about i build it and i let you race it for me since ill be a poor cunt
                              Originally posted by Rdyno
                              70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                              Originally posted by Tripper
                              Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

                              Comment


                                Tell me about it, christmas just wiped me out real well
                                2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
                                SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
                                1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
                                -------------------------
                                http://www.oke020.com

                                7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

                                http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X