This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyres can be had for like $30 a wheel with legal tread. If you allow clutches you must allow converters for autos, so thats out I think. A stock new clutch is what $130?
    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

The manual R31 skyline we got from Pickles for Hampton cost $150.

That plus a turbo, a couple extra injectors, some sort of shit injector controller and homemade manifold/side pipe would do it.
      #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ed View Post
        The manual R31 skyline we got from Pickles for Hampton cost $150.

That plus a turbo, a couple extra injectors, some sort of shit injector controller and homemade manifold/side pipe would do it.
        That would do it. If you can find a manual for that sort of price you will be off for an excellent start. Normally the gearbox is worth $300.
        10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
        Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

hmmm, 1 son has a bmw e30 323i manual that was $500, ebay turbo manifold and s/h turbo, ic, ehaust tube piping could do it under budget, other son has e21 323i manual...cost $305, both are registered
          E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            or 7MGTE into a crown/cressida. can do it with stock toyo parts bin shit and 7M's are almost throwaways these days.
            Friend had a 7MGTE Corona Mk2. Ran 12.8 so the early Crown/Cressida/Mk2 option is a goer.

I bought an old engineless Crown ute for $100. The scrounging for a 7M begins. By the way this thing runs 4 wheel drums.
            Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
            Originally posted by ALLMTR
            Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

just peeled a kg of prawns for cocktails and came up with a few more ideas haha, really need to get the car for <$400

Agree with chuck

No n20
              tyres can be rwc item
              clutch yeah should be part of the $1300
              all cars to be rego'd and drive to track

I spent an hour this morning figuring out a way to sort the fuel and ignition with jaycar bits, walbro pumps, injectors etc comes out over $500 which does not leave much for turbo bits etc. Am now thinking cheap staged methanol injection using jaycar voltage switches, a commodore map sensor, a cheap efi pump, lpg gas solenoids and reg plus engine bay tank might be an idea.

Better start looking for cheap turbo & gate deals. I have a scrap bin behind my business that usually has some still useful exhaust tubing / mufflers that will come in handy.
              2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
              SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
              1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
              -------------------------
              http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

R31 GX with the interior half stripped and a big NOS shot?

R31 Silhouette/Ti, $fewhundred, sell interior off to R31 dorks (+$fewhundred), cheapo bucket like Takai's $50 one in, Pintara death chair from the wreckers, ebay turbo setup, win?
                I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, and from this side only! The flight of a half-man, half-bird. Dinosaurs nuzzling their young in pastures where strip-malls should be. Cookies on dowels. All those moments lost in time; gone like eggs off a hooker's stomach. Time to die.
                - Phil Ken Sebben

Comment

PLE020:
                  find some old injectors laying around, or buy some for $5 each from a wrecker
                  hobbs switch is about $25 off ebay
                  knock up a tank if your handy, or buy a cheap surge tank off ebay.
                  get an old VL fuel pump + pressure reg.
                  run meth through it all
                  wind boost and dizzy both right off the scale.
                  win, or lose in a hail storm of gudgeon pins and pieces of block. shit you might even be able to do both

$1300 is fucking tight though, only realisitc option is VN+NOS i think

turbo conversions wont work IMO, by the time you get turbo/full exhaust/cooler/piping/oil lines/backyard spec tuning, on top of the car itself... price will be well over 1300, unless your very lucky/patient

also some of us will have parts 'just laying around' that may be a big head start which others wont have, might want to adress that if this is to be a serious competition

Comment

Needing rego puts me out, too much effort and money on something that wouldn't be legal to drive on the road.

"free" stuff needs to be considered carefully, having access to discarded exhaust bits is obviously going to save a large wack of money over someone who has to buy the bits. Same for getting a free or really cheap car that other people won't have access to. It's basically the same problem with all low budget challenges, how do you police what the cost should be on second hand stuff.

Comment

Yeah fuck rego. Last thing I need is more rego costs and yet another car. Call it registrable and I'm still in.
                      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

most will play fair those who dont will get pf lynch mobbed, people on this forum will know what is reasonable purchase price. I guess the idea is to create something that is repeatable within the budget.
                        2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
                        SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
                        1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
                        -------------------------
                        http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

Another random option, VN-VS commo, mount turbo where the cat is now, make a dodgy inlet manifold top to mount holley and run blow through on E85 so the NA ignition timing is still OK. Would save lots of dollars on turbo manifolds and efi fiddling.

Comment

Originally posted by HoonBoy View Post
                            Needing rego puts me out, too much effort and money on something that wouldn't be legal to drive on the road.
                            That kind of is what makes it a challenge.

Free shit should have a token market value attached maybe.

Comment

should we make it then 13s for $1500?

Comment

SHIT the nopics step daughter has an exa she paid 500 for and it runs I have a r32 intercooler some piping and boost hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. tempted has legal tyres and goes ok .
                                /meggala goes out to shed to look for s-afc.......

shez handy with a spanner as well 3 yr apprentice diesel mechanic....
                                I can feel some blokes getting owned :D
                                check out my web site
                                http://meggala.com

yeah I tow cars and other things

Comment

Working...
                                X