X
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13s for $1300

UPDATE. 13s for $1300 in 13 weeks. Start date Jan one. This has taken off. Plenty of cars in the build already on PF. What other forum would actually be able to do something like this? Not many but please prove me wrong. I hope this get linked to other forums and more people give it a go.

10 sec for 10K has been done to death. 13s for $1300 is in. Check out the cars in the 13s for $1300 section

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...splay.php?f=69

Challenge is still called 13 for 13. This isn't a hardline Nazi competition in respect to rules. Its basically just to see if you can make a 13 sec street car for as close to $1300 as possible. Its not about trying to disqualify someone for spending $1320 on their fully built street car while arguing that you should win because your mostly bought 13 sec car came in under $1300 from a BC classified and vice versa.

Rules Draft 4.

Just fucking do it. There is no prise so as to keep rule Nazism to a minimum. The more cars the better. Its a hard challenge. Read the thread for the general consensus on what gains more or less "cred". Basically if you build a quick car by any means you will shit on anyone who has done nothing.

Not sure on judging. PF Lynch mob and polling rather than any one person? I probably wont be able to compete anyway.

Would be funny to chop 99% of cars on the road with a $1300 shit heap.

Entrants so far

1 x Cressida
    1 x Valiant
    1 x Volvo
    1 x EA
    1 x VN
    1 x VS
    1 x Crown
    1 x 318
    1 x Handi
    1 x VK
    1 x 929
    1 x VN outanowhere
    1 x Cortina
    1 x slotcar with dog turd conversion from Shitcunt 4

Lookin good!!!
    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

I'm in. Bit of a me/ALLMTR/Uncle (Steamboat Jimmy lol) project for early next year and whoever else wants to get involved.

Picked up a VN for near free (swapped a ute I was about to take for scrap) and have stripped it out. It's getting NOS though. So far it owes me $35 for a fan belt and $200 for the nitrous gear sans bottle.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Yeah the N2O falcodoore would prob be the first thing that comes to mind. However I was aiming for genuine 13 sec street performance everyday as the challenge. This should be a fair bit harder. Not that a 13 sec N20 would beast would not also be awesome. :D The result should not be described as "exploding".
      10.83 @ 125

Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

Assuming no motorbikes.... that would need to be something capable of running low 15s - high 14s stock + weight removed. Would need to be a manual to get around shitty 60's with stock auto gear.

Something around $500
        R31 skyline
        eb-el falcon
        vn-vs commonwhore
        leaving $1000 for various bits and pieces to make an attempt.

I'd be in for a challenge if others were, n20 free to make it interesting
        2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
        SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
        1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
        -------------------------
        http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

A manual R31 will run 15.9 stock (besides cat back) full weight as one of mine did. Mid 15s with extractors etc so prob low 15s fully stripped. Find VLT mani, turbo injectors and use darkhalf memcal?

A manual R31 might be hard to find cheap?

How much does the VLT shit go for?

I only suggest this as a falcodoore has no OEM parts ready to bolt on for cheap. However if we are willing to make manifolds etc I think an EL or something would work. The EL has a dissy do we can manually retard the timing. Fit ebay fuel reg, used shit exhaust parts for exhaust and FMIC, old shitty used ebay FMIC etc. An stock EL manual will run what mid 15s (auto low 16s)? So we only need to take 1.5 sec off for a manual. Or 2 off for a auto. The auto will almost be free to buy, a manual will cost a bit more.
          10.83 @ 125

Comment

Could probably do it with a Gemini with a Rodeo 2.3 or 2.6 litre motor & turbo, only weigh just over 900kg with a full body, should be light minus all the rusted floorpans and a-pillars
            as short as possible

Comment

Damn you dennis, now i will be thinking about how to achieve this all night!

I have had a new idea just now, 2.6 astron stigma manual. You'd have to get one for 2/10ths of fuck all. Knock up some dodgy arse J pipe manifold, swap meet 12a turbo, wack an SU on the front of the turbo, pre load the vacume advance so that it retards a little with positive pressure. Diff should hold up ok, i think its far less painfull to be seen in than an eb falcon or vn commodore etc

Comment

this is an awesome challenge

Comment

I think something 4G63T based would do it easily.

I've seen some really cheap VR4's lately, sub 2k and also lots of conversions with 4G63T's.

anything with a EVO 1-3 spec engine will make more than enough power for a 13s 1/4m

Comment

300 buck pintara and a 400 buck nitrous kit, couple of hundred bucks to make it work

no bugs
                    Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                    I <3 Hamster

Comment

I've got a VR and nos kit that would be perfect for this if I can get some motorvation to do it.

Comment

The Gemini that won the street class at jambo this year was such a car (13bt picked up as non runner)

Comment

Does the car have to be registered? What about one of the motorless e30's available with a n20 spec twin cam n/a barra (ba falcon) donk? Legal, cheap, won't handle worth a shit but will skid like a mother fucker.

EDIT: rb30 ghetto spec would probably fit the bill too.
                          Originally posted by Dimi
                          80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                          Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                          My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

$1300?

Comment

Non turbo BA/BF motor in an EA should do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X