• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLSTIC
    replied
    Originally posted by blownhemi View Post
    Is it finished yet?
    Nope. Becuase by "I've just bought" I really meant "I've arranged to swap for my $100 EF", and the swap hasn't happened yet.

What I *do* have is a $200 Echo that's my daily ($150 for 315,000km 1.3 Echo with dead cylinder, plus $50 for 2ndhand coils, $200 total. Rest of the cost was legals, inspection, and air-con repair). I have a 2ndhand Haltech Interceptor (can't remember the cost, was ages ago) that I'm valuing at $100 because you can only tune it with ancient laptops. I also have an ancient turbo kit for a Camira that uses some old SAAB turbo, paid $100 for it because leaking exhaust oil seal. If I gut that turbo kit for its turbo, lines and manifold flanges that leaves me with $900 for turbo repair, 1.5 swap, injectors and a decent clutch...

Nah who am I kidding, I'll just wait for this AU to happen.

Leave a comment:

• blownhemi
    replied
    Originally posted by BLSTIC View Post
    So is this still a thing? I just bought an AU for $100, a 5spd half cut for $250 and a Barra for $100. J3 to join it all $150 and I'll be in the 14's for $600.
    Is it finished yet?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• BLSTIC
    replied
    So if I get a 13 for $1300 in my AU I get the Performance Forums Niggerdick Ashtray of Glory? Or is there a current competition somewhere with other people competing?

I mean I'm going to try anyway, going faster than a stock BA XR6t for $1300 + rwc/reg stuff is a noble goal. But if I'm *competing* it makes it that much more alluring.

Leave a comment:

• Panda I give no fuck
    replied
    Yes it is. Giddiup

Leave a comment:

• BLSTIC
    replied
    So is this still a thing? I just bought an AU for $100, a 5spd half cut for $250 and a Barra for $100. J3 to join it all $150 and I'll be in the 14's for $600.

Leave a comment:

• ALLMTR
    replied
    Tony Defeo!!!! I remember reading his NY street racing articles from the 80's

Leave a comment:

• sammm
    replied
    http://www.carsillustrated.com/12-99...by-tony-defeo/

Leave a comment:

• JamesV
    replied
    Haha yep just got through reading that article, fantastic jeep!

So yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, and it looks like it's already been done.

Anyone keen to get the same thing happening in Australia?

www.facebook.com/budgetquartermilechallenge

I'm thinking of building a car this year so it would be good having a few cars being built simultaneously.

Leave a comment:

• tut
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesV View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new here and I have just stumbled across this forum and the 13s for $1300 thread.

Is the challenge still current?

I thought it would be good to use the idea of setting the budget depending on the year,
    Eg, 2014 = $2014 budget

Any thoughts?

Before I discovered this page I made a Facebook page so people could share their experiences, this may be redundant now, as it looks like this thread has a lot of history behind it.

It would be great to see the concept continued and also grown to include other events such as khanacross in the future.

Any way I'm keen, so it would be good to see some others ideas too.
    google "grassroots motorsport challenge"
    it'll be pretty much what you're describing. but in the states.
    also, look at the post 2 posts above yours, that's a mates mates build.

Leave a comment:

• JamesV
    replied
    Hi all,

I'm new here and I have just stumbled across this forum and the 13s for $1300 thread.

Is the challenge still current?

I thought it would be good to use the idea of setting the budget depending on the year,
    Eg, 2014 = $2014 budget

Any thoughts?

Before I discovered this page I made a Facebook page so people could share their experiences, this may be redundant now, as it looks like this thread has a lot of history behind it.

It would be great to see the concept continued and also grown to include other events such as khanacross in the future.

Any way I'm keen, so it would be good to see some others ideas too.

Leave a comment:

• Pyrite
    replied
    Anyone keen on doing this again for 2014 or some variation on the theme?

I am fairly motivated to do something just for the hell of it even if there is no competition. I have a potential contender which would do the times but I am not sure it would make the budget. Besides the lack of regular drag events here in adelaide, I think this would be a fun project.

Leave a comment:

• tut
    replied
    http://bangshift.com/blog/the-humble...autocross.html

Leave a comment:

• BLSTIC
    replied
    So does this have a leaderboard? Or this years challenge? Oh and do I get to use the exchange rate in my favour? (New Zealand here)

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    thats a lot of engineering to get 220kw.

Leave a comment:

• sammm
    replied
    So who's going to build a 7.6l twin moo V12?

Radiator in the boot and it might just fit in a VK?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X