Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elektra the Valiant - 13's for $1300 project

so ive had this val lying around that i didnt know what to do with it, so im glad dennis thought this up!

meet elektra..

my aunty bought her for $200 and gave it too me for my 16?th birthday.
    shes a little bit worse for wear these days. dodgy electricals, floor pan, rear quarters and c pillar rust etc etc. however should make a good light platform to do this challenge on, and give me a bit of motorvation to actually do something with it!

these are the 2 cars that will be donating various bits for the project. the VE will be donating the interior (rwc items, so $0) and column($$?).

the CM is donating the 265 hemi, bw35, front end, front and rear brakes. average cost of a CM is <$100, so to be safe ill say $200 unless someone disagrees?

heres the 265 in question.. pulled it apart for a 'freshen' years ago, found it had recently been reco'd.. thats about as far as i got. nows the perfect opportunity to throw a cam in it

bw35.. hopefully it will last a few passes. if not, i have a bw 4 speed i can use, but will require a custom tailshaft, and will add on $450 to the budget.

cain 4bbl and 465 holley. recently reco'd i think. picked up for $150 at the bendigo swap meet this year. i think the 465 may be a little small depending on cam and auto stall point, so i may have to sell it and replace with 600 vac sec.

cm duel outlet exhaust. similar to type used on VG pacers, should be easy to make a cheap shit exhaust with this. hope it will flow enough, otherwise some rb20 T3's will be adapted to them.

1 valiant diff disassembled and ready for parts to be thrown at it, and top pic is a 2 pinion fairlane LSD.

this is where most of my trouble/expense will be. will need bearings and shit. also the fairlane LSD is 28 spline, so ill either need to buy 25 spline cones to put in it, and redrill the axles to suit late val/ford stud pattern, or ill need to get some late val axles shortened and resplined to 28 spline. also CM drum backing plates will need to be reshaped to suit VG axle flange.
    oh and i left my old 4.11's out in the rain, so ill need to buy more.

diff expense so far - $60 for LSD.

depending on how quick everyone gets, i may have to go turbo. so above we have an EMS stinger v4 i bought at the bendigo swap meet a few years ago. cost me $120.. i shit you not! may need a repair though, as i havent been able to get it running yet.

have a few EA CFI injection setups i may be able to bodge up, all freebies.

a sard reg and duel stage boost controller. with compliments from RB30 POWER (thanks mate btw!!) cant remember how much i paid but they were fucking cheap.

so thats where im at atm.. without turbo shit, total cost to date approx $610
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Originally posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

I protest basically everything and have you at $1300 already

Good work!!!!
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post

WTF?????

You can't do that to a VE!!!! CuNT. You made the Baby Jesus cry...

PS - how's the bonnet mould - want to sell it?

Edit - Cam if you do want to sell the 465 then please let me know, very keen.

Edit #2 - Good luck with the project! Watching with much interest
      Originally posted by Billzilla
      Remember - Ignorance in the true sense of the word does not equal stupidity.
      Wilful ignorance does though.

Comment

eyman, see the wrecked valiant thread on H6p, then you'll reliase why its a donor only car ;( shame since its body no1, and the first val i had on the road when i was 18!

the bonnet mould WAS perfect, but the cunt that towed it after the accident ripped it off (litterally) and hung it on the wall of the smash repair shop.. fuck i was livered when i saw that!
        70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
        Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Any bits you need towards this?
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

at this stage ill need:

4.11 pintara gears
            25spline lsd cones
            maybe a 600 vac sec holley
            engine gasket kit and id like to throw cam bearings at the 265 even though it doesnt really need them
            some sort of fan shround to mount a thermo
            tyres
            blackboard paint
            various gaskets/seals/bearings
            bog
            oh and hot cam, lifters, valve springs, and maybe roller rockers.
            thats what i can think of off the top of my head

Comment

just for eyman.. faggot in a camira didnt give way and turned right in front of me.

result:

Comment

Fuck me...

Is this the one with air con?
                Originally posted by Billzilla
                Remember - Ignorance in the true sense of the word does not equal stupidity.
                Wilful ignorance does though.

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
                  just for eyman.. faggot in a camira didnt give way and turned right in front of me.

result:

Fuck me, you would never pick it looking at the good side!

Very cool 13s for $1300 project BTW!

/ --------------- \
                  _/ /___________\ \_
                  /_________|_________\
                  |OOO ___________ OOO|
                  \______|====|______/
                  [_]-------------------[_]

Comment

Holy shit, how much bog are you planning to use?!

Comment

Originally posted by dirty_sandwich View Post
                      Holy shit, how much bog are you planning to use?!
                      He's not using that body.

Comment

I like this project and thoroughly endorse it.
                        Originally posted by Stix Z
                        i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                        Originally posted by Jim
                        Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

I also support and endorse this '13s for $1300' project.
                          Originally posted by myliberty
                          "We never get that high tech jap stuff in here, should be no problem though" lol

Comment

you need to watch Metal Skin again.
                            Originally posted by myliberty
                            My car is a broken heap of shit too, so we have something in common.
                            13's for $1300: RX4/929 nugget.

Comment

thanks for the replies. i love the car chase in metal skin, but cant stand watching the whole movie just to see it :p

now also on the shopping list, a torque converter off a 2.6L sigma (will make roughly 2,500rpm stally on a 4.1 falcon)

Comment

Working...
                              X