Elektra the Valiant - 13's for $1300 project

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so last weekend i took elektra over to a mates place for the rust repairs, and took a spare floorpan over yesterday (appologies for not attending the bbq aaron)

mate had already started stripping the areas back when i got there today. i removed the fuel line and handbrake cables to assist with floorpan fixing.

so we found a little bit more rust than i thought!

so due to massive time constraints we will be using the spare floorpan for the rear floorpan sections, then steel in a can, for the rest.

hell i might even decide to not register it, do the whole gas system myself, then maybe rego it later.

body should be done this weekend, paint maybe next weekend. on 2 weeks holiday after wednesday whilst changing jobs
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Originally posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

You think you got rust...... lol. you'll be fine
      BA GT
      13s for $1300 TE Cortina wagon! Thermighty!!

Comment

yeah i knew i had rust.. the C pillars worry me though. weird coz the front end (sills, plenums, bottom of front gaurds) are spotless
        70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
        Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

What's behind you, doesn't matter!
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

That's 'mostly' fuck all rust. The C pillars - no worries there. The floorpans - sorta to be expected. It's usually because of a leaking windscreen seal but can also be related to rust/holes in teh plenum area too. So if they look 'perfect' I'd strongly suggest throwing on some small magnets (small and weak ones that 'barely' stick against bare clean metal, but won't stick when you place a few sheets of paper between them and the fridge or whatever. Then place them (without paper) onto the plenum - you might find it's mostly made of fibreglass or filler of some sort. If it isn't - massive win.

Forgot to ask - have you had a look at the chassis rail around the steering box? Any cracks? (if there is, hold off on a repair sleeve. Sometimes a better job can be done without them)
            John McKenzie

Science flies people to the moon.
            Religion flies people into buildings.

Comment

yeah the plenums are spotless, as is the steering box area! the windscreen pisses water, yet im fairly sure the windscreen area is tidy, but it rusted out the dash something chronic

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                What's behind you, doesn't matter!
                tell that to rotatr, brett stevens etc
                E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Comment

so old mate got a fair bit done on elekitra on the weekend, despite the heatwave.

body is not far of being ready for sanding and painting!

lovely new metal

Comment

Really wished mine looked that good finished Cammo....I was a tight ass and used flat sheet that I "shaped" to make my new floor...crap engineering skillz and a half assed concept of welding didnt stop me....underlay and carpet hide my sins...I did make sure it was all strong though...drilled and butt welded onto supports under the car etc..

Looking good man...subscribed...

Comment

only panel beater on the planet to come in on time.

good stuff.
                      Originally posted by myliberty
                      My car is a broken heap of shit too, so we have something in common.
                      13's for $1300: RX4/929 nugget.

Comment

so i may be out, had a cunting shit day today.

got woken up this morning by the missus to find the front and back of our place flooded again. turns out theres a storm water drain just behind our joint that cant handle quick heavy rain (3 times in 5 months) which then the excess water washes out the back of mine and my neighbours places. washes mulch into my storm drain and blocks the grille, then floods the back and front of my joint.

also the roof has started leaking alot worse than previously.. already had a roofie lined up, but now i have to repaint and maybe fix the plaster in the lounge room (again).

so then we went to cook lunch, and the stove has shat itself.

then i went to go to my oldies to drop off my tools, and the fucking landie caught on fire! got it out fairly quickly, but now have an insurance claim to sort out.. and im fucking itchy as fuck from the fire extinuisher powder in my face.

will have to get in contact with jmac soon to sort some shit out

Comment

Shit man that's a pretty fucked day

What caused the landy to catch fire? Plastic fuel line rub through or something?
                          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                          my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

havent had a real good look yet, but it looks electrical at this stage, from the starter motor loom.

Comment

Damn man, if you don't want to be in it anymore just say so, no need to make up an excuse.

Just how much rain caused that? Seems pretty fucked, I would say the council should do something, but I'm guessing they already did and that's the problem.

Like Jim said, what a fucked day.

Comment

dont get me wrong.. i wanna finish this project as much as i wanna root the shit outta natalie portman.. and i will continue to work on it as much as possible.. just a few more unforseen expenditures than usual! i have a worse reputation than shifty and allmtr for not finishing projects.. so im pretty keen!

that rain has been on and off the last 3 days, then early yesterday morning till about 9ish it got fairly heavy. the storm water drain flows ok it seems, it just cant keep up when it gets heavy.
                                neighbour has been complaining about it for a bout 3 years apparently, and they havent done a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X