X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit dude, that sux big time!
    1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
    1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
    1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
    1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
    And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

Comment

finished the floor, and 1/2 way through the paint

Originally posted by Rdyno
      70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
      Originally posted by Tripper
      Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

That look awesome. Needs fluffy dice and red walls
        I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Got to love the paint brush.

Did some time cruising sydney in a VG sedan painted in black house paint (painted by previous owner). My mate bought it first as his first Val after seeing mine and how easy it was to make them go fast. We fitted a 265 with extractors 4bbl and a 904 torqueflite. Very quick off the lights. Later on I bought the car from him but didn't change anything. I never put it down the quarter but I remember he did. Only ran 14s but with an awesome 60-ft time (1.6sec from memory). We could never work it out.

Comment

Talk about holeshot hero running a 1.6 with a 14 sec car.
            10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
            Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by 2JZR31 View Post
              Talk about holeshot hero running a 1.6 with a 14 sec car.
              Yep, it was blistering fast out of the hole, then really didn't do much. Weird car.

Comment

It's the long boot overhang, relatively more rear wheel downforce vs overall weight of the car (which is light by modern family sized car standards) Beyond the 60 ft, you can still do great power to weight with a hemi 6. Then around 100mph it's about aerodynamic drag co-efficient and frontal area, where something like an xw with a 351 has about the same frontal area, similar CD, but more horsepower, and they'll (unfortunately) pull away.

Incidentally this is why the chargers were competitive with the phase 3 as far as 1/4mile times go (and I won't get into that dick pulling argument, they were both pretty similar). because the charger was lighter it still had decent power to weight (and arguably with a good driver a decent launch) but around 100mph, the ford had the same total drag but about 100bhp more (in realistic terms, not what they advertised in the day). Since they ere both running around 100mph at the end of the 1/4, it's at that 'cross over' point and they are similar up to that point. But down conrod, or any track where they got well over 100mph, the fords had a big advantage.

Sorry for the long winded stuff, but basically the good 60ft times aren't mystery at all
                John McKenzie

Science flies people to the moon.
                Religion flies people into buildings.

Comment

Got a hemi six blower cam laying around here that you might be interested in, how's your budget looking?

Comment

PM sent :D
                    Originally posted by Rdyno
                    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                    Originally posted by Tripper
                    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

What are the specs on this cam? What duration @0.050 and what lobe separation angle (Less importantly, what peak lift? and don't care much at all about advertised duration, but if you have it, please list)
                      John McKenzie

Comment

Originally posted by jmac View Post
                        What are the specs on this cam? What duration @0.050 and what lobe separation angle (Less importantly, what peak lift? and don't care much at all about advertised duration, but if you have it, please list)

Unfortunately Ian Sutherthand had a severe case of secret squirrel-itis.

All I can tell you is that it has around 0.480 lift, but he did admit the cam was patterned off the old B&M blower cams and it was the same cam profile he ran in all his blown engines. Finding the old B&M specs is just about impossible these days, but guys reckon they're very similar to the Edelbrock RPM Performer cams (234/244@0.50).

It was ground by Watson Cams in Sydney to the specs that Ian supplied. He had the hemi cam made up for a guy that he made a hemi six B&M kit for (he only made one), but the guy never came back for the cam so I bought it. I used it with the turbo kit for a while, but it never really performed right with that cam so I got a custom Surecam stick, which worked much better with the turbo.

Comment

I'll tell you what, if it has 235 duration at 0.050" but only .480 lift, It's a fairly 'lazy' profile for a hemi lifter diameter, hemi cam base circle, and even more so considering the 1.7:1 rocker ratio

Do you happen to have the specs for the surecam by any chance?

And now I've totally confused my self - is it the surecam for sale, or the previous one?
                          John McKenzie

Comment

Originally posted by jmac View Post
                            I'll tell you what, if it has 235 duration at 0.050" but only .480 lift, It's a fairly 'lazy' profile for a hemi lifter diameter, hemi cam base circle, and even more so considering the 1.7:1 rocker ratio

Do you happen to have the specs for the surecam by any chance?

And now I've totally confused my self - is it the surecam for sale, or the previous one?

The previous one is for sale. The other cam, the Surecam turbo grind is still in the engine.

I know what you're saying about lazy. After all it's based off a chevy grind so no surprise it's not aggressive like a proper chrysler cam would be.

I have the Surecam specs here somewhere but I've got the bub on my lap at the moment which makes it hard to get up and move around.

Comment

Any updates?
                              Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
                              You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X