Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy the racecar - 13's for $1300 project

Whilst I was looking for a cheap LSD for the khana wagon I found one sitting in the boot of this.

Got an offer too good to refuse and it came home sans interior. Not only did it have a factory LSD in the boot, it has a minispool in the diff under the car and some new suspension bits. Sadly nothing to make it go faster in a straight line and the big end bearings have seen better days.

So the plan was to replace the bearings or motor (if I can get a cheap one), add nos and see how it went. New plans are maybe a turbo where the cat is or screw the rules and continue with nos. I already have a walbro pump, and nos kit sitting here waiting.

Technically it owes me minus dollars at the moment so I will let the PF mob speak as to it's "13's for $1300" value.

Oh no, they are breeding.
    But we all know red ones are faster !

Comment

seeing as money is more of a factor than time, just bash some big ends into it ?
      Originally posted by Skompa
      The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Potsy View Post
        fuck yeah :D
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
        my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Potsy View Post
          Lies!! This has glow in the dark bits, that has to make it faster.

Originally posted by briney View Post
          seeing as money is more of a factor than time, just bash some big ends into it ?
          That's the plan unless I get a real cheap engine. Not buying any bearings until I have looked at the current ones first just in case there is more damage hanging about.

Comment

If the motor is stuffed i would value it at under $300.

Stick with the nos idea, is it a VR or VS?

Sydney Dents
            Paintless Dent Removal
            https://www.facebook.com/sydneydents/
            https://www.instagram.com/sydneydents/

Comment

VR, but I've got the VS wagon khana hack I could use if it easier with an ecotech over the old 3.8.

Sticking with nos would make life much easier

Comment

Nos 13's is hardly a challenge
                I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

yeah a 13.9 wouldn't be much of a challenge, getting it working without blowing it up will be more of a challenge. No way I would stop at 13.9 either, after all, I had this car before the 13's for $1,300 challenge was mentioned. I'm not sure this is the correct car for the job unless I can get it at least 300kg under factory weight.

Comment

I was walking past the car earlier so I took a few pics:

Full race car look for this one:

Not much interior left, sadly the seat was not included in the deal but it was purchased afterwards for the wagon:

Steering wheel will have to be changed to something non-wood for racing. Got a couple of old steering wheels hanging about and a factory Commo one if they don't work.

No room for passengers here:

the reason I got the car, factory LSD diff.

Dirty old 3.8 engine bay

ABS is going to stop any forward facing turbo stuff on the passenger side

Comment

Originally posted by HoonBoy View Post
                      ABS is going to stop any forward facing turbo stuff on the passenger side
                      Rip it out? It's not like you need ABS...
                      Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

If it's in the way, it will be ripped out.

Comment

That's the spirit, ditch the power steering, ABS and all those fuses* and you have a heap of room for a turbo..

* - No need for fuses, what could possibly go wrong with the wiring? :D
                          Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

I think I need a "what the fuck is this doing here, throw it out!" BBQ to get some motivation and weight removal completed :D

Comment

Mow ya lawn cunt, its not raining now.

Comment

Working...
                              X