Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA Turbo - 13's for $1300 project

Me and a mate started this before the $1300 challenge was thought of, but it fits right into the demographic.

Its a Multipoint EA with a 3sp Auto behind it.

So far we have modified the original exhaust manifold by adding 2x 90 steam pipe bends and a flange.

Turbo is a switzer off a unknown truck. has a T6 housing and the front is a 66mm wheel, Your typical big rear small front diesel turbo.

Have installed 300cc injectors in-place of the original 190cc ones. the plan is to have the factory ecu run it on E85 and the extra fuel required simply comes from the bigger injectors..

Have not completely decided on how the on boost fueling wil be taken care of.
    If a rising rate FPR and the bigger injectors alone can compensate for the boost then that will be it. If not we will have some extra injectors plumbed into the intake and switch them on with hobbs pressure switches. I was thinking i could pulse them with the negative triger of the coil.

I am realy not sure if the rear housing is to big. and when it will actually come onto boost. If this is a problem then im sure some gas will fix it.

I am having trouble uploading Pictures.. will try after i post this.

The original exit on the manifold will be used for the wastegate (if we even need one)

Comment

heh worthy :D
      what are you doing with the ECU?
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Not really sure.. we were planning on getting it going with the factory ecu, apparently the ecu and map are good up untill 10psi... Will find out over the next couple of weeks when it gets its first drive.

Comment

That's gonna be pretty good!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U59ReblFHn0

Comment

Wahoo, Ford is now represented!!!
              I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

lol ... i like the "it goy way too much fuel" comment

Comment

needs a bigger turbo

Comment

Ha ha good stuff
                    2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
                    SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
                    1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
                    -------------------------
                    http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

providing cost of tools isnt included in the challenge, you can go bigger on the injectors and just remap the factory comp. you need a $10 eeprom chip, a ~$30 socket for the eeprom, and a eprom burner (can be a bit pricey, but may not be included in the challenege price), most of the software can be had for free too.

Comment

Will modifying The eprom allow me to put a 3bar map sensor on it? Can u create tables or just modify the existing ones?

Comment

Dont think you can upgrade the map sensor but some guys have just found out how to run more than 9psi on the E series with a J3 chip.

These arent $10 but what I have in my AU. I think they like to use an EL ecu too which just plugs in.

http://www.tiperformance.com.au/products.html
                          Maverick - gone
                          Turbo AU Ute

Comment

The j3 is to advanced for this project and the cash is better spent on a n20 kit.

I am going to try bleed off the map pressure line to 9psi and then take care of the extra fuel with few extra inectors.

It's going to be rough and blow huge black clouds

Comment

You should be able to run a 13 with only 9psi anyway if you can spool the turbo before leaving the line. Ive done a 13.6 with a stock auto EB on 10psi with a gt35r.
                              Maverick - gone
                              Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Working...
                              X