Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13s for 1300, Beige Volvo content.

1975 244GL, bought on Ebay for $200 earlier in the year - fucked motor (was supposed to be a blown head gasket, more like broken rings and/or ring lands). Came with a supposedly good B21 motor (carby version of what's in there, with a smaller cam and less compression).

I bought it for the good grille and headlight surrounds for my 242, and will also swap the guards, bootlid and bumpers.

Some boring photos:

Plans:
    740 turbo exhaust manifold ($45 from Pick'n'Pull).
    Sad high-flow S5 RX-7 turbo ($50): http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...eb10-12038.jpg
    Chinese intercooler Ebay intercooler ($75 from local classifieds website).
    740 Turbo intake manifold & injectors ($50 from P&P).
    Shitty old MTX8 from my old RX-7 with two fuct ignition drivers ($50).
    Hyundai Excel double ended coils to make it work with only two ignition drivers ($20).
    Oil fittings and stuff ($80).
    Accumulator mods to BW35 autobox. Maybe shitty old bent fins stall converter if it needs it ($0).
    Locked diff ($0).
    15x8 widened 140 steelies:
    . Hard, old circuit semi-slicks might stay, depending on what the rules end up being. ($50 for two).

Injectors might be undersize - if so, I'll fit S4 RX-7T injectors (+$100).

Best bit is that I already own all of that shit, so its only gonna cost me oil and time.

Current 'spend' = $620 if Volvo injectors work OK.

the source:
    "that fool that send that message i dont want no old car to buy .the question was not the dizzy it is the toyota pin out that i wanted to no.that goes to the dizzy."

Currently loving this sick. Didn't even occur to me that 740 turbos still run a B23. This cunt will never die.

Needs bulk cheap skate side pipe for proper 80's touring car hektikness.
    Originally posted by Dimi
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Originally posted by schnitzelburger
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

interior looks a little basic :D
      should be fun!
      2005 VZ SS 5.7L M6 Ute

Comment

Interesting. Early entrant for the trophy awarded to 'most change left over' from "13's for $1300".

So these things unopened respond ok to boost?
        Fortitudo et Superbiam

Comment

The later B230s have steel crank, pissy little rods, blah blah and there's a guy with 250kW+ from an unopened one. He's got a good turbo & Motec but the point is that the motor copes.
          B21s have big forged crank, beefy rods, and thicker bore walls.

Similarly, there's plenty of Swedes (erm... the ones from Sweden who say 'bork bork bork') and Norwegians with 500hp+ from stock bottom ends and J-pipe turbo adaptors and stuff...

the source:
          "that fool that send that message i dont want no old car to buy .the question was not the dizzy it is the toyota pin out that i wanted to no.that goes to the dizzy."

Comment

people that know these things say they are tough as fuck and easy to get power out of but its something i've never seen much of. will be following this closely

Comment

Wahooo, another contender!

What do these things weigh?
              I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Phil, dont I own one of these?
                Originally posted by Bosshoggett
                If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                  Wahooo, another contender!

What do these things weigh?
                  About 1250kgs stock.
                  The DL model (base spec) was 1220kgs with air con, so I'm figuring that 1200kgs is realistic.

the source:

Comment

When I first saw the 13s for $1300 idea, i thought that something Volvo could be a dark horse. Then I started wondering about Spac's yard and quickly started thinking about other things.

Should be a good thing...
                    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

My heart lies with Valiant, but the smart money lies with the Volvo.

This should be fun.
                      Originally posted by myliberty
                      "We never get that high tech jap stuff in here, should be no problem though" lol

Comment

sooo much room in that bay!!!!!
                        Originally posted by 50RTD
                        Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Interesting project. Odd ball entries like this a good to see. Good luck with it mate
                          10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
                          Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

subscribed. I await progress shots which should also include a bowling hat and tissue box of some sort.

what's that white two door thing parked next to the beige warrior?
                            Originally posted by Stix Z
                            i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                            Originally posted by Jim
                            Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Bmw 2002.

the source:

Comment

Working...
                              X