Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13s for 1300 Crown ute

1967 engineless Crown ute jigsaw puzzle $100
    7MGTE $400
    undecided on turbo(s) - I have a Trust Greddy twin turbo manifold ($100 about 10 years ago) that I could run with some TD04s (maybe 3-400 for the pair?) here but could fairly easily get a CT26 manifold for nothing.
    A340 $0
    tailshaft $200ish
    fuel system $100
    I have $500 left for zorst and turbos.

Clearly I'm going to run over budget by the time I do the wiring and all the other little things I need to make it happen. I actually want to be able to stop so I'm going to engineer a front disc brake conversion - the PF lynch mob can decide whether that's not in the spirit of things. Some of you may have driven a car with non power assisted 4 wheel drums - it's no fun at pedestrian speeds.

I'm a bit busy with work till NYD so no pics till then.
    Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
    Originally posted by ALLMTR
    Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

FWIW, Im happy with a brake upgrade being exempt.

How did you get an A340 for free?

Also FWIW Im ok with free bits but need a bit of a story as to why they were free (IMO)
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

A340s are a dime a dozen. This one came from a manual conversion 1UZ - I was buying other stuff and this was sitting in the garage about to go to scrap metal. I took it - everyone was happy. I have to source an M bellhousing for it - but that's easy.

Comment

Disc brakes are a safety issue not performance related so I think it should be fine. I look forward to seeing the progress.
        LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

The engine has a manifold on it GT. With T3 adaptor also.

I'll put the feeler out on a pair of turbos.

The engine comes with a 7M auto bellhousing.
          Don't forget to budget for a hobbs switch to trigger the awesome greddy extra injectors.

P.S. When you are finished, sell the ute to me.
          David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
          You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

wasnt someone floating aound some rebuilt 7mgte for 500 in the 13 for 1300 thread? from the shadowy depths of christmas memory it was making 200rwkw= or something with a steel headgasket? might be cheper to get that than get the current one running with twins?

ps love the ute
            RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
            06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

Comment

Rebuilt 7m is mine. Spac is/was selling it

Get some pics if the ute up!

Comment

Definitely up for some TD04Ls. I'd love to run a TT 7MGTE.

Comment

fuckinwoosh. you'll piss it in GT - fwiw my 7m/auto supra ran 13.7 at ~101mph with full 3" exhaust, k&n and 10-11psi with stock everything else. with a manual box it did the same 13.7 at ~104mph

and that was no doubt heavy compared to your crown
                  Originally posted by 350stato
                  100% agree with Shifty

Comment

Friend ran a 12.something with a 7MGTE Corona Mk2. Not for a second am I suggesting that I'll run a 12.

Comment

This is by far the classiest 1300 project.
                      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

The ute is hilarious. Has old handpainted signwriting on it, both the doors are sitting in the tray (amongst a plethora of spares), paint has rubbed off on the corners and there's a little bit of rust/old paint patina about - it's a little bit ratty. Amazing thing is that it's reasonably straight and the wiring is unfucked.

Comment

pics or it never happened :D

lemme know if you want that convertor!

this shit is gettin serious quick.. looks like it might end up being 12's for $1300!
                          Originally posted by Rdyno
                          70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                          Originally posted by Tripper
                          Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Love the project. 4 wheel drum is insane.

PS try and get a A340 from a 1JZ. Or see if the 1JZ converter fits on. I know it wont fit a 2JZ A340. But a 1JZ converter is much looser than a 2JZ and presumably a 1UZ. You will need a lot of power to overcome the 2.3 60 foot time otherwise. 2000rpm lag lauches FTL. I think I ran 13s at 125 with the GT35 and stock 2J converter. That said this project looks like it will not be lacking in powah. 13s at 115?
                            10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
                            Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

To hell with car hunting up in the sticks in Jan, you have to get this sorted asap purely for the awesomeness.
                              Originally posted by Stix Z
                              i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                              Originally posted by Jim
                              Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Working...
                              X