• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM coming your way
    now with extra gearbox'y goodness

Comment

Originally posted by hoges
      More info on club/historic rego applicability and cost to this 929?

Originally posted by rx213b View Post
      PM coming your way
      club membership secretary is my mate, think the family that you know from abandoned vehicle auctions.
      Originally posted by Stix Z
      i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
      Originally posted by Jim
      Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

dear vic pol/vicroads:

disclaimer: car club that rx213b has signed up to and that I am also in does not in no way endorse or support illegal rwc's, dangerous driving, etc.
        i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
        Originally posted by Jim
        Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

You just used a double negative
          now with extra gearbox'y goodness

Comment

DAY NINE: 9/1/11 ENGINE REMOVAL

Well i got out there and pulled the block from the RX7. Straight forward so I'll spare you the write up. The pic says it all.

After a quick stop at the car wash on the way home, most of the paint came off with the pressure wash. Which is good, because i hate red painted engines. They show up every bit of grime. I'll paint strip the rest of it off.

I had a look down the (stock) exhaust ports and saw that this engine has excellent rotor housings and very clean rotors. A sign of a recent build using decent parts. Also i'm glad to see this engine has not got marks on the flywheel nut from a cold chisel. As this is usually the first warning sign of an engine built by a careless fuckwit. If they don't have the correct 54mm flywheel socket then how likely is it that they REALLY know how to set the clearances properly or go to the trouble of replacing anything out of spec.

Geoff came over and gave me a hand to have a quick clean up. I got the bright idea...

At least we had a good laugh!
            Originally posted by myliberty
            My car is a broken heap of shit too, so we have something in common.
            13's for $1300: RX4/929 nugget.

Comment

Do you live on a ley line?

Not sure what else could explain the sudden appearance of a miniature gearbox based Stonehenge on your driveway.

Loving this build, especially the bit where you have been prodded into doing something useful with a huge collection of unsightly crap. Keep up the good work man.
              Cheers, Richard

MX83 Cressida Grande - 1JZ-GTE Twin Turbo JZX81 Motor, Fr Suspension in, tailshaft made & installed, bigger fuel pump in, zorst, wiring, fmic done (thanks jzk25) BA rotors R33 Calipers Now REGISTERED going well
              '92 & '94 TF Holden Rodeo 2.8 TurboDiesel 4WDs - Daily Driver regular breaker/backup ute
              MS85 Crown Super Sedan - Farm Car - Running 3rd 4M - Future project
              '66 Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Manual Coupe
              '66 Jaguar S-Type 3.8 Auto Sedan
              - Long Term Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by rx213b View Post
                you just used a double negative
                f7u12.
                Originally posted by Jim

Comment

I went through and started tossing some broken stuff away, pulled some dashboard and interior parts out of the grass and got them sorted, if venus lines up with the house of uranus and it doesn't rain/flood/earth split in half, there should be some good progress this week.
                  Originally posted by Jim

Comment

aaron yo u have a pm bloke!

Comment

aaron i need an rx5/121 bootlock with matching key. hoook a brotha up.

Comment

Man I am still in awe of the amount of parts you have squirreled away.
                        2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                        2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                        I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

slickrx: pm'd back. forums lost my very long reply. easier to speak face to face or at least on the phone.

outy: i can look through my stuff. i'm not sure that the bootlock from the 121 was any good. I think it had been screw-drivered (not by me). If its the same lock as rx4 you might have a chance. Otherwise i refer you to Wes or the other RX5 freaks. Also, consider putting a boot release solenoid in there (look at one from a falcon boot or fuel flap).

xwavgas: there is more to a factor of untold proportions. If i can reduce my hours at work i may get through other projects this year. Including tidythefuckinggarage project.

Where i've got caught is that you start to resto a car and others of its kind keep coming your way. My pet hate is cunts that dismantle cars and sell them as stripped shells with 4 trailer loads of shit that needs to be stored somewhere.
                          Originally posted by myliberty
                          My car is a broken heap of shit too, so we have something in common.
                          13's for $1300: RX4/929 nugget.

Comment

its got a factory fitted boot release cable (at least i think its factory fitted as its down by the drivers seat) just need a lock to fill up the hole. rx4 locks arent big enough in diameter or need a backing plate - not sure.

so is the engine going in, ported at all ?

Comment

Originally posted by sv_i View Post
                              I went through and started tossing some broken stuff away, pulled some dashboard and interior parts out of the grass and got them sorted, if venus lines up with the house of uranus and it doesn't rain/flood/earth split in half, there should be some good progress this week.
                              WTF?

Good for a laugh here but otherwise sensible cunts storing gearboxes upright worries me.

Due to gravity most of the of the shit in the oil ends up in the front bearing.
                              Claimed horsepower sceptic.

Comment

Originally posted by Momus View Post
                                WTF?

Good for a laugh here but otherwise sensible cunts storing gearboxes upright worries me.

Due to gravity most of the of the shit in the oil ends up in the front bearing.
                                I kid you not, I found some interior trim under some weeds. I also found a bumper under a hedge. :rotflol:

aaron does store gearboxes horizontally, stacked like gearboxhenge was purely for lols.

ps - do you do wheel stud conversions Momus? I think i spoke to you ages ago via pm on ipra forum about my now crashed 1300, I referred Mo to you.
                                Originally posted by Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X