Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top work guys

All three of us had a number of attempts to crack into the magical 12.999 zone but no such luck. 13.1 after 13.2 after 13.1 time after time. We managed about 15 runs all up.
    Add 1psi?
    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

I can think of a couple way to get a tenth out of a VN, I had to go through this with my car way back when.

Removing that seat would have definitely helped but believe it or not disconnecting the thermo fan for the run works wonders too. Roll the car through the staging lanes, unplug it the thermos up front on the DS engine bay, then reconnect straight after the run on the return road. Alternatively hook up a switch to cut the fans out for the run.

Comment

that's awesome boys, well done!
        I'd be tempted to spenda couple more hundred on some shit and take the time penalty to try and smash out a 12.5 or something.
        MY06 RColt

Comment

Good fucking work!
          Originally posted by S
          I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Originally posted by 2JLUX View Post
            Well it was a cool Wednesday night in Perth. My brothers and I rocked up to the Motorplex with the VN ready to race. We got it over to scrutineering. It passed with flying colours, even without the door trims that they picked us for last time.

It was then over to the staging lanes to wait our turn. In a matter of minutes we were up. Without a moments hesitation the car was in the burnout box heating the aged and weary ET Radials. With the radials hot and the handbrake cables near breaking point the gas was mashed and the boost gauge needle hit the magical 0.7bar mark.

The brakes were released and with an incredible amount of body twist we were off. The results are as follows.

All three of us had a number of attempts to crack into the magical 12.999 zone but no such luck. 13.1 after 13.2 after 13.1 time after time. We managed about 15 runs all up.

For the $1281 we have spent, we couldn't have asked for a more smile inducing shit box. The torque twist and acceleration experienced when you let the thing loose off the start line with 10 odd psi under its belt is hilarious.

Our car was so impressive we even made the Motorplex website

http://www.motorplex.com.au/gallery....=gall&gid=209#

Well lads. The balls in your court. Good luck and God speed.
            So you guys are done?
            I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Well our 13.002 will be our final entry due to loss compression on 1 cylinder (yet again). It seems that 16 full tilt passes in one night is just too much for a 270,000km Buick donk.

My two brothers and I take our collective hats off to the Red Steak. He has trumped us in both ET and overall budget. Well done and enjoy your wooden dick.

We will, however, be carrying on with the project due to its low cost nature. In the last couple of days some new parts have turned up in the mail box.

Forged pistons and H beam rods are on the way.

With a little more tweaking and the above parts we should finally crack a 12.999.

And if you must ask, yes, we are slightly over $1300 now

Comment

The next it onto 11's for 2G??? I wont even get to run my 'tina before the end of June, I would be lucky to even have it running!! :p
                BA GT
                13s for $1300 TE Cortina wagon! Thermighty!!

Comment

Great stuff! Good to see further development going on. Were the injectors spendy?
                  Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                  my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I can't remember how much the injectors were, I bought them for another project ages ago, I think they were about 1k for 8 of them, they are 96lbs.
                    I bought them for a LS1 but they are only 2 ohm so no go with the factory ecu.

Comment

cool, hence the ECU upgrade I guess. Def the right way to go. While motors are cheap, changing them all the time is a pain in the arse.
                      This and a 70hp shot of nos would be tits I recon!
                      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Awesome to see the development continue. Let us know how you go.

Comment

fark i can't believe i missed this one too...

awesome work guys. while i was reading red streak i was wondering if it was doable for someone to do a v6 vengeance and get most of the fab work done free as most of the rest of the parts for a project like this can be had dirt cheap

fucking congrats all round, not only under budget but actually a presentable and decent base for more speeds!

Comment

Just noticed the update. As Jim said good to see you are going to keep working at going faster. Much like us if you can do it on the cheap its a heap of fun for bugger all spend.
                            What's the goal time you have for it
                            Originally posted by S
                            I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

If it runs a 11 i'll be happy

Comment

I've been kicking the idea around of just how fast I can get the Falcon going but the dollars just keep doing my head in. I'd love to run True Street Blown or something but I'd have to run nines to be competitive.

But with a six cylinder I'm allowed to run a turbo AND NOS.

Comment

Working...
                                X