i was not expecting that... i loved the bugget turbo build so cool

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    This thing really moooooves.

Leave a comment:

• gun32gtr
    replied
    Yeah i just read this start to finish. Farking awesome build. Updates?

Leave a comment:

• lysdexia
    replied
    so i was just daydreaming thinking about stupid turbo commodores, then i remembered this thing existed.

any updates over the past 3 years?

Leave a comment:

• 2JLUX
    replied
    Originally posted by 2JZR31 View Post
    Wow. I just saw the updates. Really awesome work guys. Any plans for a bigger turbo?
    No plans for bigger turbo as this is just a killer combo, saying that we do have a GTX4202 here sitting idle

Leave a comment:

• 2JZR31
    replied
    Wow. I just saw the updates. Really awesome work guys. Any plans for a bigger turbo?

Leave a comment:

• ALLMTR
    replied
    Good to see it's still rocking out

Leave a comment:

• 2JLUX
    replied
    Originally posted by RFBOOM View Post
    Absolutely awesome story and build. From an average 16 second car to 9s with so much work done yourself is amazing. Certainly built and not bought.
    Thanks.

Its still going strong. We took it out the other night and run 10.1 @133 on the well worn out radials and the powers to be at the drags watching like a hawk.

We had to change the injectors from the MSD units to id2000 because the MSDs were getting stuck full open for some reason and just failing 1 by 1.When we pulled them out they were all rusted inside. It probably something to do with leaving the tank full of E85 for up to 5 weeks with the tank breather open, oh well.

Leave a comment:

• RFBOOM
    replied
    Absolutely awesome story and build. From an average 16 second car to 9s with so much work done yourself is amazing. Certainly built and not bought.

Leave a comment:

• Commotion
    replied
    Great results!

The L67 motors are better than the L36 but not in proportion to the difference in $'s. I would not disregard the ecotec, when properly setup and properly tuned they can make okay power. The bonus is the motors are common and cheap.

Leave a comment:

• blownhemi
    replied
    Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Would an ecotec be a better platform for these kind of shenanigans?
    Unless you use the L67 supercharged engine, I'd say no. The stock Ecotec is pretty weak.

Leave a comment:

• ALLMTR
    replied
    Would an ecotec be a better platform for these kind of shenanigans?

Leave a comment:

• blownhemi
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim View Post
    Damn you, where's our writeup

Congrats on getting in SM mate!
    I think I'll just post the bloody thing up. I reckon they'd ditched it in the round folder because there wasn't enough good pics.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Damn you, where's our writeup

Congrats on getting in SM mate!

Leave a comment:

• blownhemi
    replied
    Yeah, took a while for that to cycle through the system but got there eventually.

How's the car running these days guys?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X