13 for 1300... Cortina coon goon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

nice stato
      CL valiant sedan 245 3 speed
      VH dodge utility 215 3 speed, project/ trailer puller
      74 chrysler lancer LA sedan, 2.6 EFI turbo, 230kw
      chrysler galant sedan, daily
      chrysler galant coupe- long term project
      mitsubishi starion turbo, cutties, front lip, scrapes and smashes on everything

Comment

We worked on the trans tunnel again today, it's spotted in tight, just have to clean up around it a little. Also got the intercooler in! :D

I'll show the wall and tunnel when its done tomoz...
        BA GT
        13s for $1300 TE Cortina wagon! Thermighty!!

Comment

I promised the machinist I would get the manifold to him to face when I came to pick up the finished tailshaft... That's thursday, so I had to get a move on it! HAHA!

So I cut all the bends up, cleaned the surface of the manifold flange and got to welding it up. Bear in mind this is the first manifold I've made that wasn't a slap together job for a complete and utter shitbox.... (waiting for corrections) :p

I cut out the old battery tray and I'm mounting it in that vicinity...

Might need modifications here and there in the end, but I have to get in close-ish... I think I'm going to come up short in the bended pipe department...
          BA GT

Comment

Better buy another corkscrew eh?
            Cheers, Richard

MX83 Cressida Grande - 1JZ-GTE Twin Turbo JZX81 Motor, Fr Suspension in, tailshaft made & installed, bigger fuel pump in, zorst, wiring, fmic done (thanks jzk25) BA rotors R33 Calipers Now REGISTERED going well
            '92 & '94 TF Holden Rodeo 2.8 TurboDiesel 4WDs - Daily Driver regular breaker/backup ute
            MS85 Crown Super Sedan - Farm Car - Running 3rd 4M - Future project
            '66 Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Manual Coupe
            '66 Jaguar S-Type 3.8 Auto Sedan
            - Long Term Jobs

Comment

A progress shot on the manifold... Trying to leave space for the turbo and passage for the dump pipe makes for lots of head scratching...

BA GT

Comment

It seems pretty obvious at this stage that there is a high likelihood that I wont make the deadline. I'm still pushing towards finishing, but physical limitations and the lack of the foldy stuff that pays for things makes me doubt I will. Don't get me wrong, I wont be abandoning it should it become glaringly obvious, so I'll continue to post updates, but I don't expect it to have made a run on the 1/4 before the SM writeup is done... :p
                All the best to the other bastards who have run already or just about to!
                BA GT

Comment

Originally posted by Tils View Post
                  It seems pretty obvious at this stage that there is a high likelihood that I wont make the deadline. I'm still pushing towards finishing, but physical limitations and the lack of the foldy stuff that pays for things makes me doubt I will. Don't get me wrong, I wont be abandoning it should it become glaringly obvious, so I'll continue to post updates, but I don't expect it to have made a run on the 1/4 before the SM writeup is done... :p
                  All the best to the other bastards who have run already or just about to!
                  With the amount of work you've put in you might as well do it right and make something nice out of it.

Comment

I should have bailed early on and picked something with less rust haha!

The plan was to do it up a bit after the challenge anyway. We'll see how it goes...

Manifold is almost done anyway.

BA GT

Comment

My manifold is off being machined at present, so finishing off the repairs on the body, then the electrics. :D

BA GT

Comment

That's pretty good. Nice job.

Comment

Would this now be considered an ICV?
                          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                            Would this now be considered an ICV?
                            Yeah, I think so... dangerously close if not...

Shhh... don't tell anyone....
                            BA GT

Comment

So I finished the A-pillar, only have the plenum and firewall patching left. :D

BA GT

Comment

Haha cool, I like it... Do you think the plenum will fit under the bonnet? When I put an ohc into my old TC it fouled on the bonnet...

Comment

Working...
                                X