X
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CussCuss View Post
    paint is free for sure, I wanna see some cool paint jobs, flames and shit.

If not, real flames will suffice.
    Bonus points for real flames.

Comment

Originally posted by EuroRogeriavolution View Post
      I have my work cut out for me cause not only is my car European (we all know a Merc is more expensive to service than a Commodore or Camry) , its fwd and its Auto . Apart from putting an anchor off the titanic in my car I really couldnt be more disadvantaged !!! You'll find the amount of mk1 Golfs with this engine that can actually run in the 13s on any budget is a handful , its easier to do an engine swap with a 1.8t , but this is way outta my budget . So Im curious to find out if the value of the car can still be $0 or will I have to loose some costings there .
      You picked the wrong project then.
      Harden the fuck up and do it rather than bitching about the rules.

brb... collecting a torana, rb30, gt42r that i'll have for free for next years challenge... retireds....

Comment

Jeeesus, spend $1300, kick ass, have fun.

If you're a cheatin bastard then that is your lot in life
        I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

People have to relax a bit. This isnt supposed to be so serious.

My 2 bro's and i have nearly finished our car (what a week hahaha) and it has been fucking awesome. We are never allowed to be this dodgey normally so its a good change to smash something together just for shits and giggles. Seeing as we have some spare time (12 weeks lol) we might start a second one.

Just let each person do their own thing. If an injustice is seen, let it be dealt with when it happens.

Now stop being sooks and get working.

Comment

I've got a question - does the end product have to be $1300, or the total of all experimentation?

ALLMTR's thread made me think of this with the talk of whether he swaps the diff out or not... if he gets it going with teh stock diff, then he has spent $0. If he decides to swap for a 9 inch that he picked up for $150, then the cost is $150. If if then decides that the stock diff was lighter and had a better ratio and wants to go back, does it go back to 0?

likewise if someone goes through 4 ebay turbos trying to find one that works properly - do you count the value of all 4, or just the one that you end up using?
            Originally posted by myshortyboomba
            I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraud View Post
              I've got a question - does the end product have to be $1300, or the total of all experimentation?

ALLMTR's thread made me think of this with the talk of whether he swaps the diff out or not... if he gets it going with teh stock diff, then he has spent $0. If he decides to swap for a 9 inch that he picked up for $150, then the cost is $150. If if then decides that the stock diff was lighter and had a better ratio and wants to go back, does it go back to 0?

likewise if someone goes through 4 ebay turbos trying to find one that works properly - do you count the value of all 4, or just the one that you end up using?
              personally, I'd say yes. I'd only add what went into the final build.
              Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
              my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

i think the price should be based on the final finished product

Comment

Fuck the rules.

Build something cheap, go skid it, have fun. If you go over a smidge who cares.

This isnt the fucking FIA, its PF. If you start bringing in too many rules its going to make it too hard for the guys who dont have access to some of the fancy gear and shops that a lot of guys do. That and a bunch of people are going to get all e-cunthurt because something doesnt fit the "rules" but is still fast, or worse still faster than something they built.

The prize is a wooden dick for fucks sake. A WOODEN DICK. Have some perspective.

Get out there and spin some spanners rather than worrying about a bible full of what not to do.
                  Originally posted by Dimi
                  80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                  Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                  My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Settle petal, there's hardly any rules there. Most of them are safety and some vague ones about costing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchypiMp View Post
                      The prize is a wooden dick for fucks sake. A WOODEN DICK. Have some perspective.
                      fucken lol.

i have a new sig.
                      Originally posted by Mr Jones
                      Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian Vettel View Post

Costing free stuff - We all have a bunch of stuff lying around our sheds and so would be able to claim "I have a free engine" and so on, but we have to have a general costing for no-purchased engines. So for general costs it'll be $100 per litre. Free car bodies/chassis will be on the formula 2000 - factory weight of the complete car = cost. So for example if you have a car that weighs say 1450 kilograms from the factory then it has cost you Aus$550 from your budget. Paint and damage/rust repairs are cost-free.

well thats just fucked, that means the handi cost $1470 and my engine was $260 so i have blown my budget without spending a cent

fuck i feel like i got :wayned:
                        List of cars goes here

Comment

for your handy to be valued at $1470 it would have to weigh like 14000kg

eitherway were moding that rule to be fair market value based rather than weight based

Comment

Originally posted by sketchypiMp View Post
                            its not a wooden dick, its the Performanceforms Niggerdick Ashtray of Glory, and it cost me $3, have some fucking respect

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian Vettel View Post
                              for your handy to be valued at $1470 it would have to weigh like 14000kg

eitherway were moding that rule to be fair market value based rather than weight based
                              ok i thought is was 2000 - weight = price or some shit
                              List of cars goes here

Comment

I'm going to have a 13413 sticker made for my cars....
                                BA GT
                                13s for $1300 TE Cortina wagon! Thermighty!!

Comment

Working...
                                X