Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13s for $1300. MA70 1JZGTE

Yes this was for sale on PF and other forums for 5K (we were the ones selling it). But just like Rogers car, no one wanted it and it was purchased for $1000. Guys on the forum that know us, will verify this is what we have been saying the car was purchased for since before the 13 for 13 sec was started. The purchase of this car had nothing to do with the 13 for 13 idea. It was purchased my my Brother Gary who just wanted to sell it for a quick buck and he didn't want to do much work on it, but when no one wanted it, it was easier to convince him to enter the challenge. The reluctance was also due to admitting it was purchased for $1000 which would hurt future sales.

Engine is 1JZGTE with R154. An auto would be quicker.

The thing didn't run right with a crap idle which no one could fix. That was a contributing factor to it selling so cheap. But without thinking of the 13 for 13 challenge he purchased an ECU for $100 which cured the prob. This sucked as Al would have given us one that he had ready for the rubbish tip. If funds get close we can race it with the fucked ECU as it only affects the idle.

10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

I fitted an FCD too so we can run as much boost as we like, it cost me $5 to make. The car has a stock JZA70 intercooler.

Al accidentally had like 20 x 1JZ turbo flange plates made and he gave us a couple and a 2 x 3" flanges. The rest of the exhaust was mainly rubbish that was going to be binned at my mates house Left over remnants of my R31 exhaust and his Aristo exhaust plus a 3" cannon left over from Garys soarer before he ran 2 X 2.5 exhausts. Confirmation of it being rubbish is in pics below :p. It literally cost us nothing and pretty much nothing of this would have been worth anything. So say $50?

Gary made some ghetto dump pipes with the flanges off Al. We then done the most dodgy 3" exhaust ever made from the rubbish pipe. We used a MIG welder that had run out of gas lol. Pics are hilarious.

We will clean it up a little and weld all the gaps when we get gas.

LOL

10.83 @ 125

Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

Are we allowed to borrow these?

10.83 @ 125

Comment

Nice price reduction. And nice work on the exhaust...

What time are you expecting to run actually? Just a 13?

Comment

these things run 13's stock.... this is in the bag JZ Styles
          And the really stupid thing, once youv done your 13, sellt he motor and gearbox for 2.5k...ie profit
          Originally posted by psssi98
          It is also a concern that they are selling this to get a family car - meaning they have already bred.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            Nice price reduction. And nice work on the exhaust...

What time are you expecting to run actually? Just a 13?
            We were the ones trying to sell it for 5K. I think the guy who sold it to my brother only asked 1.5K or something stupid. I think it will have the power to run low 12s. But with the manual it will probably just do 13s but with good MPH.

We were pissing our selves laughing when we made the exhaust. Minimal effort. Maximum gains. :D
            10.83 @ 125

Comment

Originally posted by 60TJZ View Post
              these things run 13's stock.... this is in the bag JZ Styles
              And the really stupid thing, once youv done your 13, sellt he motor and gearbox for 2.5k...ie profit
              This had a NA 7M in it so it would have done a 16 :p The exhaust was still NA 7M. I was hoping with some paint etc someone might buy it for 4 or 5K or so.
              10.83 @ 125

Comment

Originally posted by 2JZR31 View Post
                We were the ones trying to sell it for 5K. I think the guy who sold it to my brother only asked 1.5K or something stupid.
                I'm glad when you posted the ad that I couldn't convince myself that having a look at it was a smart idea then... haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  I'm glad when you posted the ad that I couldn't convince myself that having a look at it was a smart idea then... haha.
                  In reality though. An item is worth what it is worth. What someone else paid for it should not change its intrinsic value. But in reality, it is going to piss people off when they know you are asking 5 times the price you purchased it for and they won't buy it in spite. The whole retail world is based on buying shit for X and selling it for heaps more.
                  10.83 @ 125

Comment

I have some extra pics and short vids to ad to this build once I find time to chuck them up. Will be very intersted to see how this comes together. Has the potential to look the tits with a flat black paint job and the new wheels Gary picked up. Do it.
                    Originally posted by Dimi
                    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                    Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Not flat black...do olive drab!
                      I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, and from this side only! The flight of a half-man, half-bird. Dinosaurs nuzzling their young in pastures where strip-malls should be. Cookies on dowels. All those moments lost in time; gone like eggs off a hooker's stomach. Time to die.
                      - Phil Ken Sebben

Comment

Reminds me of my Cressida exhaust - whats a cat and mufflers?

Mine was hks loving though - it will be fucking loud!
                        Originally posted by brasher
                        TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Damn it love the exhaust, easy 13s with minimal effort
                          2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
                          SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
                          1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
                          -------------------------
                          http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by 2JZR31 View Post
                            Are we allowed to borrow these?

Sure..
                            What are we going to call the value of a set of et's? 300??
                            Originally posted by S
                            I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

I thought there was a specific rule saying you can borrow tyres with no value taken off your budget?
                              #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Working...
                              X