Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13s for $1300 - Street Machine Article

Okay guys, there been much discussion about this today (between myself and the office) and we're interested (as in Street Machine magazine is interested) in doing an article on the whole 13s for $1300 concept.

I'll say up front that we have no interest in trying to take over the challenge/comp or anything. We love what you're doing and we just want to follow along. There's going to be a regular budget builds column appearing in the mag soon and this fits in nicely with that.

Obviously with the cars being all over the countryside we'll need your help to make this happen, and need your best photography skills. If a bunch of cars are going to appear at somewhere like Heathcote on the same day then that would work nicely for us, but we've got photographers all over so let us know where and when you're running so we can get some shots if you're running at WSID or Willowbank, or where ever else.

Also, after much discussion with my wife and same culling of the work calendar I've been given approval to join in the fun. :D But I'll start another thread on that (and yes I'll probably do a small SM piece on that too).

Anyway, be nice, I come in peace. Let the fun begin.

We're in.
    Do you want self written articles on each build? Happy to write one on our entry. Just give us some basic criteria and a word limit.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      We're in.
      Do you want self written articles on each build? Happy to write one on our entry. Just give us some basic criteria and a word limit.
      Nah, mainly pictures (I'll need hi-res versions for the mag so keep a folder set aside and burn me a disc later) and info, I'll probably talk to all the major players by PM as well and cherry pick some quotable quotes from the various threads too. We're probably looking at four pages maximum, which will fill up quickly. Pushing it out further than that will be a judgement call from Telf (Simon Telford), but I reckon that they'll stick with four pages and we'll keep it sharp and punchy.

The whole idea is to show that you can build something fun and fast for a low, low, budget. We get accused all too often about being all about the big budget cars, but most of us involved in the mag are into low budget stuff in all honesty. The variety involved in this challenge is fantastic as well. Maybe not our usual fare, but cool none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by ShitCunt 4
        Haven't they banned you yet? :knock:

Comment

sweet! cant believe the attention this is starting to get!

congrats to dennis for thinking this up
          Originally posted by Rdyno
          70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
          Originally posted by Tripper
          Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

You should get Edo to take the pics

This is very cool. I imagine it will create quite a bit of interest in the comp and PF alike.
            AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

The supra of scum will hopefully be going to Willowbank Sat 12 Feb (Tomorrow). But unless it blows up or something it will also be going to the official T&T after the finish date. That is the day we expect to have the big gathering of all the 13 for 13 sec cars at one time. But obviously many competitors will take their cars before then like us too.

Its cool to see this in SM, but I would have thought ZOOM would have been more likely to have interest.
              10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
              Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Jones
                Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by 2JZR31 View Post
                  The supra of scum will hopefully be going to Willowbank Sat 12 Feb (Tomorrow). But unless it blows up or something it will also be going to the official T&T after the finish date. That is the day we expect to have the big gathering of all the 13 for 13 sec cars at one time. But obviously many competitors will take their cars before then like us too.

Its cool to see this in SM, but I would have thought ZOOM would have been more likely to have interest.
                  Yeah I'm surprised Adrian hasn't showed any interest in it.

Very cool that SM is interested!
                  I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

inb4 2rismo's half written article

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                      Yeah I'm surprised Adrian hasn't showed any interest in it.

Very cool that SM is interested!
                      Hey dude, how's the Honda going?

I know Adrian pretty well (he was a big fan of V6 Vengeance back before he started working for Extreme), he's probably interested but to be honest I'm going to look after SM first and Zoom can sort their own shit out.

Adrian has got alot on his plate these days with so many mags to manage.

Comment

I sold it 7 years ago
                        I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Originally posted by 2JZR31 View Post

Photos would be most awesome. I know you're probably already going to take some, but shoot that bitch like it's a super model.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                            I sold it 7 years ago

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

It has been a while, hasn't it.

Comment

The guys that have contacted me in relation to this 'competition' that have got replies know what I'm up to. Just because I haven't posted about it or tried to own it doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. :-)

Scott will do it justice in SM for sure. We're all friends here... except Dave. He's a cunt.
                              Originally posted by piss98
                              I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Comment

Working...
                              X