Clear All

• chartreusehj
    replied
    how many posts did you rack up in your short time there soopy? :D

Leave a comment:

• Soopy
    replied
    Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
    could you imagine the unimaginative opinionated bogan cunts that would be on that forum.

would be a fucking good reason why they dont have a forum
    Don't need to imagine. Look at StreetCommodores.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle
    replied
    Originally posted by steelman View Post
    vn is very running every time and should be used.
    wut?

Leave a comment:

• Steelman
    replied
    VN is very running every time and should be used.

Leave a comment:

• chartreusehj
    replied
    makes sense, cheers mopar guy and turbohemi.

Leave a comment:

• MRMOPARMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by turbohemi View Post
    As for SM's lack of a decent website, don't get me started, it's a very old argument and I've decided I'm just gonna stay out of it.
    give them a chance, they havent discovered EFI, under bonnet superchargers, and wheels bigger than 4" wide that fit under the front gaurds yet :p

Leave a comment:

• <---cop
    replied
    Originally posted by turbohemi View Post
    I actually told them not to do a forum. While yes they might sell a couple extra magazines, could you imagine the shit fight a SM forum would be like. We started the Street Commodores forum when I was at Express and while it was a great publicity tool it was also a massive drain on resources. They actually can't afford to turn it off now because the backlash would be huge - better to not do it at all.
    They need to crash the database, put up a "We are working on fixing it" apology, point them to other forums and say you will email them when the technical issues are resolved.

Leave a comment:

• blownhemi
    replied
    Originally posted by big_pete View Post
    I think they did have a forum at one stage didn't they?
    Nope

Leave a comment:

• blownhemi
    replied
    Originally posted by greenhj View Post
    OT but why doesnt the largest selling and best* performance vehicle magazine have a forum?

*best being subjective, but i likes it and its my opinion so giffuct SM haters.
    I actually told them not to do a forum. While yes they might sell a couple extra magazines, could you imagine the shit fight a SM forum would be like. We started the Street Commodores forum when I was at Express and while it was a great publicity tool it was also a massive drain on resources. They actually can't afford to turn it off now because the backlash would be huge - better to not do it at all.

You almost need someone employed full time to look after it because you can't rely on a couple of 16yo moderators to keep track. Especially when there's a multi-million dollar business involved. Someone who is capable of making hard decisions would be needed to run it and basically all those types are tied up running the magazine.

As for SM's lack of a decent website, don't get me started, it's a very old argument and I've decided I'm just gonna stay out of it.

Leave a comment:

• big_pete
    replied
    I think they did have a forum at one stage didn't they?

Leave a comment:

• MRMOPARMAN
    replied
    could you imagine the unimaginative opinionated bogan cunts that would be on that forum.

would be a fucking good reason why they dont have a forum

Leave a comment:

• chartreusehj
    replied
    OT but why doesnt the largest selling and best* performance vehicle magazine have a forum?

*best being subjective, but i likes it and its my opinion so giffuct SM haters.

Leave a comment:

• blownhemi
    replied
    And then SM tell me they still plan to run something but they do seem to be dragging their feet.

I'm definitely running my car again in June, but might get it to the track before then if I can.

Leave a comment:

• MRMOPARMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by morerevsm3 View Post
    will probably take it back to heathcote in ~ 6 weeks
    6 weeks are long gone... so post up time slips or drag fail.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle
    replied
    And then....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X