Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1300: the next challenge?

This is way early, but I'm thinking we should start on ideas for the next $1300 challenge.

Probably for the end of the year or early next year.

For track cars we could set the target to match something like the HQ series times so it won't matter what track we run at.
    Same again - 13sec drag car
    27.78%
    $1300 track car matched to a national series time
    12.96%
    $1300 open wheeler track car matched to a national series time
    4.63%
    $1300 boat using no boat parts
    2.78%
    $1300 ski boat using no boat parts
    3.70%
    $1300 rally car
    10.19%
    $1300 motorbike
    5.56%
    Drinking game involving $1300 of grog
    32.41%
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

or have an annual PF bathurst bash
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Originally posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

$1300 f6000?
      "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

i might be interested in a 13 sec strip car

when's it start again?

Comment

20's for $200.
          Skrrraaaarrrrrk

Comment

DONE!!

how about allowance for chit you have sitting at home doing nothing??

Comment

Impreza based open wheeler? :p
              BA GT
              13s for $1300 TE Cortina wagon! Thermighty!!

Comment

If I've got the spare change at the time I'll go again with a 13s for $1300 drag car. It would be great to start at the same time as everyone else.

Comment

$1300 for a car that you'd acutally want to drive every day, and proove it by doing so for 6 months without complaining. Rego, fuel & insurance costs not included.

seriously though, I think the drag challenge needs to run again... next time its run, if i've got a bit mroe time and space I'll be up for it..
                  Originally posted by myshortyboomba
                  I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

The rego idea has some merit but it narrows the pool of potential cars. If you've got to spend $1500 to bring a car up to rego specs then that makes the challenge a lot more expensive. And then do you say $1300 after rego? What about the guy who had to replace a rusty exhaust system, and fits a full house performance system for rego. How do you differentiate between performance parts and parts for rego.

Comment

Jim, I think with a slightly increased dollar value and plenty of notice, a lot more of us will be involved and it will be a lot more interesting.

$2k limit
                      opens up a lot more options like ghetto turbo setups, a lot more imagination/interest rather than (eg) moo+gas, and likely to end up with a car you might actually use or on-sell later.

no need for rego, but...
                      car must be 'safe'
                      car must be forseeably 'registerable' eg. Vn with boot-mounted nitrous is ok but a big-block ke10 with no floor or roof and a 9" sticking a foot out of the rear guards is not.

timeline
                      cars to debut say feb/march next year. plenty of time to choose a car, plan, collect cheap/free parts on the sly, fix up any rust or safety issues before you start, etc

exclusions
                      Rego is too hard, but a great condition is perhaps to block out any specific vehicle combos that say featured in the top three results this year? Eg. if VNs with nitrous are win in 2011, then doing the same again is a no-go.
                      Originally posted by 350stato
                      100% agree with Shifty

Comment

$1300 paddock basher.
                        Set up a course on someone's farm?

Comment

Why does there need to be a time line, just have an ongoing 13s for 1300 competition. Could have a leaderboard which is constantly updated, could even be a calculation based on ETs, so if somebody does 12s for 2000 then they could still be up the top of the leaderboard due to the extra expenditure netting them faster times. Base the competition more on bang for buck rather than set a maximum cost. Perhaps $100 per tenth of a second improvement in ET. I'd love to get involved in this competition but right now don't have the time, hope it's around in another couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraud View Post
                            $1300 for a car that you'd acutally want to drive every day, and proove it by doing so for 6 months without complaining. Rego, fuel & insurance costs not included..
                            Sorry - to make this clear, i'm not talking about using this car competitively in any form, just having a car that costs $1300 to buy/fix/prepare/modify so it doesnt shit you, and then driving it for 6 months.. that in itself is the challenge.

so I'm thinking $400 VN commodore with working aircon, replace the shocks and bushes, powerchip, diff gears, 15 inch chasers with reasonable tyres, and a tube of superglue to stick the headlining back to the roof.
                            Originally posted by myshortyboomba
                            I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

^ sorry that is fucking boring. Half the cunts here probably do that already.
                              Skrrraaaarrrrrk

Comment

Working...
                              X