Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsballs View Post
    can you take a little bit out of the rad support to some space?
    Not without turning the front end of the car to a floppy unsafe mess. The rad support is a single pressed peice which is folded towards the front of the car. If it were folded towards the firewall no dramas at all. I can probably find something slim enough to fit between either way but chopping the support out is not an option.
    Originally posted by Dimi
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Originally posted by schnitzelburger
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

60mm is plenty for a spal fan. It might hurt your budget though.

Comment

i don't mean chop it out totally. sometime they have some ribbing. or just cut and box it up.

anyhoo.
        Originally posted by 50RTD
        Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
          60mm is plenty for a spal fan. It might hurt your budget though.
          Quite possibly. Going to see what I can dig up once the car is running. Do you have those shifter bits handy? My office manager lives around the corner from the shop at Windsor (with Cam) so might get him to get them off you or possibly even just drop them at his place after you knock off.

Comment

shifter bits are in the garage at home mate. i can drop them over tonite if you want...

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
              shifter bits are in the garage at home mate. i can drop them over tonite if you want...
              Not watching the origin then I take it? :p I havent finalised my plans for tonight yet, I may end up going past your place to watch the game somewhere. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Just got a call back from Driveline Services, they dont want to balance the shaft

Minor set back, have a few ghetto balancing tricks up my sleeve that should hopefully do the job.

Might fab a tailshaft loop just in case though....

Comment

Originally posted by sketchypiMp View Post
                  Just got a call back from Driveline Services, they dont want to balance the shaft

Minor set back, have a few ghetto balancing tricks up my sleeve that should hopefully do the job.

Might fab a tailshaft loop just in case though....
                  Because they want to make a new one for you

Plus they probably don't want any liability issues...

Comment

mate just got a new once piece for ls1 into jag for $220 balanced. suppose that blows the budget.
                    Originally posted by 50RTD
                    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

im paranoid about tailshafts, ive seen too many let go, but id be making 2 loops for that thing, it will be turning at near enough to 5000rpm..... tailshafts arent included in the 1300 are they?

Comment

Tailshafts are very much included in the $1300, the car wouldn't drive without one..
                        Originally posted by Mr Jones
                        Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by lysdexia View Post
                          Tailshafts are very much included in the $1300, the car wouldn't drive without one..
                          Unfortunately so otherwise I'd have just gotten them to make a proper one. the other reason I wasnt too keen on forking out for a good one yet is the stock diff still being in place. 720 ute diffs are $100 bucks according to Shifty so I'll more than likely throw one in after the comp is over, get a proper tailshaft made then, plus the built motor I have for it, rev it to 9k with the .86 GT35r I have spare and lol all the way to the end of the strip

Comment

sure it wont drive without one, but it is a safety item? fuck exploding tailshafts, makes be cringe.

Comment

How did you attach/weld the tailshaft?
                              David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                              You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
                                How did you attach/weld the tailshaft?
                                Hopes and dreams mostly

Comment

Working...
                                X